Is anyone else excited for the new Fall Line Up? TV is coming back from summer break and no one is more ready than I am. After having to suffer through Hells Kitchen, Supernova, America’s Got Talent, Treasure Hunters, reruns of House and more crap, I am so excited for my good old shows to come back and new shows to edge their way into my addiction. The networks are fighting to be number one again and making some shuffles to their Fall Primetime schedule (some good, some horrible). Here are some of the new shows that I am looking forward to see if they could potentially become a new favorite.
Six Degrees on ABC – JJ Abrams has created 3 – Felicity, Alias, and LOST - of my favorite shows, so why should I doubt him now (even though Felicity and Alias got pretty crappy toward the end). I have always loved the theory of 6 degrees of separation, but I thought it only applied to Kevin Bacon.
Studio 60 on NBC – I grew up on SNL, it is one of my all time favorites. I loved Friends and have missed Matthew Perry. This show is based on the making of a show like SNL and Matthew Perry is a writer. I think this show looks really good and different.
Brothers & Sisters on ABC – Where oh where had Calista Flockhart gone? I thought she was gone forever, but she is back on this new drama and I am a little intrigued.
The Class on CBS – I think it is kind of random that kids who were friends in the 3rd grade are having a reunion. I mean I don’t even remember the names of my friends in the 3rd grade. But it could be entertaining.
30 Rock on NBC – Don’t know much about this show but it has Tina Fey and a bunch of other SNL stars so it must be pretty good.
And there are a ton more! So, get ready for a lot of TV inspired blogging come fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I saw an advertisement for 30 Rock, it looks funny.
I think when law school is over we're going to have to get you some treatment... seriously
I think that once Emery (and you) demand more of my attention that will be my treatment. Until then - TV is my friend.
Good blog. I was going to write one about upcoming shows that will potentially suck, but I'll just name them here:
Vanished (about a missing senator's daughter or something like that)
Prison Break (not a new one, but still)
Ok I can't think of the names of the other ones. But basically what these shows have in common is that their plots suck. I mean they should be movies not a tv series. If I start watching Vanished, basically I'm going to know that they will never find the chic or else the series is over. Same with prison break, once he breaks out, that's the end of it.
Dumb!
Sounds like you've got some potential winners. Just make sure you leave room for the regulars. It's gonna be a busy fall...
I think we should try to watch tv for 24 straight hours, only getting up for more soda or to tinkle. If this requires recording some shows to watch during the middle of the night that is fine.
Gosh McDreamy, your hubby is so romantic. I'm jealous!
BA, I may be a tv addict, but that's just stupid. I don't drink soda and my butt would hurt. Now 14 hours a day is more realistic. Man I wish I had Tevo.
Tara, agreed on your shows. I purposely didn't list any FOX shows because they don't have anything good coming up. And they are still hanging onto the OC which has totally turned into a tub of crap. But there is also the show Smith on one of the networks and I just want to add that to the sucky list. Didn't they already try that plot with Heist and it didn't work?
BTW, I think they already got out on Prison Break. Don't tell me it is going to start all over again. They get caught. They try to break out again. Boo.
At least we've had Last Comic Standing to get us through the summer.
I must agree with Tara though, one of the few shows I'm excited about this fall is Prison Break (their escape isn't complete yet because their getaway plane left them).
One show I never really watched but am even less excited about than ever is Gray's Anatomy. Why you ask? Because Ellen Pompeo is the biggest b*tch EVER. You don't believe me? Watch this.
Wow she is a little bitty in that clip. I can't believe she was talking about stabbing the waitress. Yikes!
Can't wait for Grey's!!
Nice Link Marc! But I already knew that Ellen Pompeo sucks. I was dang mad at the season finale - but I am still excited for the show. I just wish that she would go into a coma or something.
And I did enjoy the last comic standing. I thought Josh was dang funny. Way to go to the cripple!
Post a Comment