I’m no medical expert, but don’t you have to be cut to get a scar? I was handed this patient complaint at my work yesterday (one that got handed over by several people because they didn’t want to deal with it – my work is really good at passing the buck) where this guy is claiming that the pressure from the dental tools on his mouth while extracting a tooth left a two inch scar on the corner of his mouth. I feel for the poor guy. He wrote his complaint on a yellow legal pad, his handwriting resembling chicken scratch (I don’t think he ever learned how to write using capitals), you could tell he was very uneducated, and he even included a nice picture circling the area in question (which looks more like a cold sore). He told us that he had contacted an attorney and even admitted that they wouldn’t represent him until after he talked to us to try to settle it. They knew he didn’t have a case, just as we know. The other funny part is the guy has been into our office 5 times since the alleged scarring took place and never mentioned it to any of our doctors or assistants or anyone. He says he isn’t “sue happy” but I beg to differ. Why else did you decide to file a complaint 6 months later despite repeated visits and opportunities to confront the office on the matter.
Just a sample of some of the things I get to deal with at my work. I just don’t get these people sometimes, just don’t get it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I are hate un-edjukated, "sue happy" patients, and not to mention cats. What....you want a piece of me?
He sounds gross.
I hope no one has to kiss him.
Or represent him in court.
You really hate cats don't you? Ok, fine I hate them too.
And you are right, MS, he is gross. He had to come back for more teeth to be extracted which can only mean one thing. Rotton mouth. I hate dirty rotton mouths and their rampant decay. Makes me want to go brush my teeth right now.
I hate stinky mouths and cats, too. That was funny when I thought Emery's toy was a real cat and I got scared. I did get chased by a cat/lion on the way to the mailbox the night before, so my fears were valid.
A lion, huh? You must live in the jungle. But it was pretty funny that you got scared of her little toy. I can't wait to sneak up behind you with it now!
he probably just wants some sex... I bet.
Thanks McDreamy. This is sure to be one of those fun posts we can all hash on after BA starts chasing ambulances for a living.
Post a Comment