If you haven't heard, I love love love baked goods and treats so obviously I NEED one. But the big debate is, do I want a KitchenAid Stand Mixer or a Bosch Mixer?


Here is my dilemma - I know that just about anyone who owns a Bosch worships it. I hear great things about its powerful motor and durability. However, call me vain but I think the KitchenAid is much cuter and I would probably leave it out on my counter. If it is out on my counter I will use it a lot more whereas if my Bosch is tucked away I may be a bit lazy and not get it out. Also, a review I read said the Bosch is better for breads and large batches but the KitchenAid is better for cookies and small batches. Well, I make WAY more cookies than I do bread. But everyone loOoves their Bosch. But is the Bosch sooooo much more superior to the KitchenAid that it makes that big of a difference? Will I regret getting the KitchenAid (since that is what I have been leaning toward). Ugh! What do I do?
So, this is where you come in. Have you used either of these mixers (if you have used both, great - tell me about it)? What do you like/dislike about them? I have looked at some reviews online but I want to know from people I know, so help a girl out. Thanks!
22 comments:
I vote KitchenAide. Obviously, the color options make it fun to choose and it is definitely counter-worthy. I'll admit I haven't made much "bread", but I have done dinner rolls in a larger-sized KitchenAide and it did a superb job. Superb. So if that's the kind of bread you make and you were ALREADY leaning toward the pretty mixer, I say do it!
I have used both and you can't go wrong with either. My mom, and probably everyone else's, have had a bosch since they were married and are still using. But a life long commitment on a mixer, come on, Right! Go with the looker! :)
Ali your Halloween pics seriously are so stinkin cute. Anyway, I would say if you are a HuGe bread maker go for the Bosch. It is great for grinding wheat too. But for regular everyday stuff the Kitchenaid mixer is a must have. I have made bread 100 times in my kitchenaid and it has turned out just fine. Tough call... maybe if you have been REALLY good Santa will make the choice for you.
Sadly, I don't have much of an opinion. I have a KitchenAide and I like it a lot, but I'm not a huge baker, so there you go!
BUT just a tip on where to buy if you don't mind used, we got ours from a lady on Craigslist who was redecorating her kitchen so she just didn't like the color anymore. We got it for $50! If you're not opposed to used, it's at least worth a look!
I have a Bosch, but I have used my mom's kitchen aid thousands of times. They are both great, but the kitchenAide is much cuter. I regularly make bread, rolls, etc. in my bosch and it does great, but I have also done them in the KitchenAid and worked just as good. I actually don't like to use my bosch for small batches, whether its bread or cookies because it doesn't work as well. It is made for large batches. So, I guess it depends on your baking needs, but a KitchenAide makes bread just fine. When my Bosch dies I think I will probably get a kitchenaid in a cute color to match my kitchen or something. I love my bosch and got it as a wedding gift, but if I got to choose I think I would have gotten a cute kitchenaid. It works just as good, except if you are making bread to feed an army. But really, how often do you make that much bread?
I have a KitchenAide and I love it but I would rather have a bosch, you can do more stuff with it. My sister also found a KitchenAide on craigslist. If it were me I would try to find a used KitchenAide and ask Santa for the Bosh.
You know what I think... Bosch. It is for real bakers. It has so many attachments that can come with it too. I love my Bosch. Don't go for looks... Who really wants to keep it on the counter anyway? If you get the Universal, you will have a really groovy blender too. I am going against the grain. No Brainer - BOSCH!
I LOVE MY BOSCH! I grew up using one, so that might have helped. I have used Kitchenaids before and didn't like it much. The blender that comes with the bosch is superb! I have an attachment that slices and grates, that is wonderful too! Kitchenaids are cute, but I think my bosch is pretty on my counter, I show it like a proud mama!
Santa brought me a Kitchenaid my second year of marriage and I love it! There are many different kinds though, and I recommend the kind that has a handle to raise the bowl up or down. That's what I have and it's a huge difference from not having that feature. I also have made tons of bread, cookies, etc. in the kitchenaid and I love it. Bosch's are good too, but my vote is with the kitchenaid!
I probably won't be much help. I have my Kitchen Aid and I really really like it. It is just a plain white one, that way it will always match even if I want to change the color of my kitchen. I don't really know anything about Bosch's except people seem to really like them. I am sure you won't be disappointed with either one!
MY TWENTY CENTS WORTH HERE!!!! I work at Viking...you know, like Viking stoves and cooktops, etc. Don't get me wrong...LOVE the bosch, way better than kitchenaid. But just approximately, oh, um THREE DAYS AGO EXACTLY (can you tell I'm so so excited?) I got my very own Viking stand mixer. Kitchenaid, bosch...350 watt motor. Viking...800 WATT!!! This thing is AMAZING. I made cookies yesterday and those alone were the best things I've made in forever.
It looks just like a kitchenaid, and comes in colors (not as many as kitchenaid). The 5 qt is equivalent to bosch and kitchenaid, and it runs $400 (but I can get you a 10% discount...not much, but it's something if you want it). But then there's the whole shipping thing, which stinks. BUT, let me know if you want it cuz it's the BEST. "I'd like to bear testimony..." hehe.
loralee
Hmmm...I feel like you're back where you started Alison!
For me, there is no such thing as a small batch of cookies...I double or triple everything I make, so I wouldn't know how the bosch does on small batches.
Anyway, you've heard my thoughts on the subject...seriously, you can't go wrong, so just get the cute one that we all know you want!
I have been thinking about the same thing...Kitchen Aid or Bosch?
I vote for the Kitchen...cute and functional.
I am a vain person. I love my red KitchenAide. I sometimes just lovingly stare at it. Just kidding, but I really do love mine. It's just so cute! And red! And looks so cute on my counter with my other cute things! Okay, okay... I have a problem.
We bought one for my mom last year (a cobalt blue one... so cute!), and she loves hers too.
The kitchenaide- it is cuter and why not use something fun when you are working in the kitchen!
Ok ok. I never bake ever, but I have a KitchenAide, and I love it. And even though I rarely use it, it still sits very prettily upon my kitchen counter. My Mom tried to tell me when I was getting married that I had to get a Bosch because they were the best. But, I was a given a KitchenAide...SO...I really don't care. And, just looking at Bosch and KitchenAide next to each other on your blog...I would say go for the KitchenAide.
I love and adore my kitchen aid. I have the bigger one so the top part doesn't flip back which can be awkward when adding ingredients. However, that is a minor problem and I wouldn't trade it for a Bosch.
My mom loves her Bosch but I do know my sister-in-law who is big-time into cooking cited some problems with the Boschs when we were shopping for my little bro's wedding gift. I can't remember what they were but I can find out to help give you some stuff.
As for who doesn't want your appliances on your counter. Well, who would want a bosch on your counter? They aren't cute. Kitchen aids are cute and deserve to be on the counter. As Mark Bayless (famous chef) has said, cooking appliances are our friends and deserve to be out in the open. My two favorite cooking pals, the Kitchen Aid and Cuisinart food processor are proudly on display.
My bosch sits on my counter...apparently that is a kitchen fashion no-no. Sorry Ilene!
Oooh - tough one. The KitchenAide is definitely cuter. I have one, though, and I don't think it gets the sides very well. You'll be using a spatula a lot to get everything mixed in. Also, the design makes it difficult to add the ingredients - you kind of have to work around the edges, which leads to a lot of spilling and frustration. For a couple hundred bucks you can buy an addition that solves this, but that seems outrageous. But it has a good motor and gets the job done.
On the other hand, the Bosch is not cute, but my mom had one growing up and it really is a heck of a machine. The model she had included a much bigger bowl than my KitchenAide, which was great for quadrupling your cookie batches, if necessary. Hey, you never know. Also, it gets the sides really well and leaves plenty of room to add ingredients.
Merry Christmas!
I know i'm a little late, but i thought i would throw in my opinion regardless :) Go for the Bosch. My mom had a Bosch and i now have one. Its the best. My mom also has a kitchen aide and thinks it sucks compared to her Bosch which she now uses instead :)
I have a kitchenaid and love it. Grew up with a bosch and it was OK. I sometimes run out of room with our bowl, but I know that you can get one bigger than our bowl. They do last forever so you might want to be careful on the color. My aunt still has hers in the mustard yellow of the late 60's early 70's. If it helps any, Alton Brown from Good Eats has a kitchenaid.
Ok Al- you might not look back on this but i have been a little behind in the blog world-we have been out of town and I wanted to put my 2 cents in cause I just got a bosch!
Anyway- got a bosch for my bday and I have had a kitchen aide since we have been married-I did not love the kitchen aide and used it once in almost 8 years! I am in love with my bosch and have already used it a ton. So I am with Kendee but I am in full support of your final decision:)
Post a Comment