Friday, November 09, 2007

Just blew into the "Windy City"

Emery & I flew to visit my BFFAEAEAE in Chicago. I am so excited to be here and visit and see Chicago for my first time - even if getting here almost killed me (Lots of stuff to hold + crazy screaming child+ late night flight+she never slept). We already had a blogger party where I got to meet a couple of my favorite bloggers and maybe now I won't feel so stupid that I stalk their blogs (thanks Rachie for being the best, cutest host ever, and Mrs. Dub you are just as witty and cute as you are in your blogs). I am sure I will have many posts when I get back (or if Kend, Lake, & Em all decide to take a nap together again)!

In the meantime, for your enjoyment - Calamity Jane can sing for you. I sing this song every time I think of Chicago, we loved this movie in college - thanks to Alicia.

12 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

I'm glad to know I'm not a total disappointment in real life. I had a ton of fun chatting with you, as well. I must divulge, however, that Miss Dub woke up from her nap with a 102 degree fever. Uh-oh. I do believe she and another E were swapping sippies. Sorry!

Laurel said...

Oh, how I love Calamity Jane! I've never been to the windy city, but I hear it's "mighty purty"... :) Sounds like a really fun vacation! Do you ever rest, woman? Enjoy!

Melanie said...

Love the idea of a blog party! Sounds like a fun trip!

Emily said...

I'm glad you made it...I just hate kicking you out on the curb like that!

Hope you have tons of fun!

Alicia said...

Oh Al! I have never been happier! Don't worry-- I just sang along to the entire song and Blaine said something about stabbing his brain. (Really he thinks I'm adorable, it's okay.) He was also amazed that I knew all the words. Thanks for the handy lyrics. :) I love you and I love Calamity and I am SO jealous that you are going to the windy city to hang out with Kendee. Please have a lot of fun, and spend some time talking about nmuch it was living together so I could make you watch all kinds of cheesy, happy movies. HA!

Beeta said...

Look who's the adventerous one now? I have never been to the "windy city" and I must admit I am very jealous! I hope you have an awesome trip!

Ilene said...

I hope you loved Chicago. I love it there. I forgive my parents for moving from Sunny Cali because they moved to a cool place. I love going to the museums and eating Giodornos (sp?) Chicago pizza.

So jealous of a blog party. what do you do there? Make designs for new cute blogs like the one you currently have?

The Scotts said...

I LOVE CALAMITY JANE!!!! I love that song too! Have fun with Kendee Lee Jones!

Anonymous said...

Hey Alison,
Its Lisa Sonnenberg
Hey I live in Chicago. Where abouts are you ? Email me lisamarie65@hotmail.com

Emily said...

I hope you took notes this time on how to make your blog cute so you can show me!

Rachie said...

So glad you are here...

The Farnsworth Family said...

Yay! I hope you have so much fun! I can't wait to see some great pics. BTW I LOVE Calamity Jane! Perfect post :)