I am feeling much better, thank you (just a 24 hour bug, thank goodness!). So, Emery & I ventured out to the Costco today. First things first, I get in the ridiculous long gas lines because I figure I might as well get gas while I'm here. I finally pull up to the tank and find that my debit card is not in my wallet where it should be. You see this is kind of a big deal since our nearest Costco is like 12 miles away so going to Costco is not an everyday jaunt. I remember now that Brian had used my Debit to pay for dinner Sat night and left it on the kitchen counter. I almost panic until I found that we have a Costco Cash Card (from the beloved Bowling Game). Well, at least the trip out to Costco won't be a total waste. I can get a few essentials even if I can't get all that was on my list.So, we are strolling along and Emery wants a snack (and wants to stand in the cart, grrr...). I give her some fish crackers and put her in the back of the card where she seems more content to sit. I continue my browsing through beautiful Christmas decor, books, and toys. Finally, I get to the food and get a couple samples for Emery and I to share. Well, she decides to take the sample and drop fishies through the holes of the cart. I didn't really pay attention to that, I mean it is Costco, and it is all I can do to maneuver through the sea of people, carts, and stuff and figure out in my head how much $ I have left to spend since I have limited funds. Then I hear one of the old men that is handing out samples saying "Who threw those fish?" I quickly turn down an isle to avoid confrontation.
Which brings me to my point....do you pick up every fishie that your child throws in a store? I mean I try to pick up after her if she makes a big mess, but I admit a cracker here and there in a big store I will let go. My hubbie on the other hand, kind of freaks out if Emery drops stuff because he thinks we have to pick up every crumb. What do you think?
...Oh, and sometimes I don't put the cart back.
16 comments:
just run and hide. indie has puked in macy's ALL over and i just hid. i teach people's brats for a living, some people clean up after little brats for their living. or as debdeb would say, it all works out in the end! love ya!
I just have more social etiquette than my wife. Ali doesn't think she should have to put clothes back on the rack at the Gap, pick up after her daughter in stores, control her flatulence, or brake for old folks crossing the street.
One of the above accusations is a lie, another is a half truth...which is which? I'll never tell (to be read in the creepy voice from that one movie)
I never pick up, kids are kids... I do re hang clothes I try on tho, too much retail experience in that one for me! Oh and we just did Costco and berk lost my card, once we were already INSIDE! AGh!
BA...better social etiquette? ...funny. Oh, and I was very sick so the flatulence thing isn't my fault.
My husband actually makes fun of me for my sense of duty about returning carts to their proper place. I HATE when I come back to my car and there's a cart right in front of my door! BUT, about the fish, I have found a Target employee once when my daughter spilled more than half of the entire bag of popcorn on the floor, but that's the only time. I've left many a goldfish, raisins, etc. on the ground. If it's a big pile, I'll move it with my foot over to the side where no one will squish it -- especially with stuff like raisins, but for the most part I just let it go. I think it will only get worse the more kids you have too.
HECK NO!! People have to work to make money!! Okay so that is bad, but I just want to survive the shopping trip without wanting to kill myself, so no I just ditch whatever mess my kids make and get out asap!
My husband is like that too, if he could only see all the "rules" I break. :)
Isn't that why they pay punks better-than-minimum wages... so they can pick up your carts for you? At least that's what I have always assumed... I say unless she has made a mess with something that could cause another's injury (ie. spilled liquid leading to slipping, projectile vomit leading to slipping or, dare I say, other shoppers' contagious vomiting... those kinds of thing), there is absolutely no harm in letting a few fish fly around the enclosed walls of Costco. Ask my mom and Alicia about flying condom boxes during a recent Costco visit... :) Hey, it could always be worse!
Well you are for sure going to hell. What are you thinking? Not picking up the fishies. Are you kidding me, there is no way I could pick up Reagan's crumbs that she drops. I think you are more than ok!!!
Glad you are feeling better.
That is hilarious. I love that you just hurried away from the guy. Good for you. Emers can throw her fishies wherever she pleases!
Glad you are feeling better-Sonny had the bug for 3 days last week!
I only put the cart back if the return place is as close as pushing it up by the side of my car. We are BAD people:)
k, so I've gotten to Costco and not had my Costco Card twice!! So I refused to go home and just had them make me another one there. Then Ryan (who was 2 at the time) dropped my car keys in one of the bins. Not sure which one, just one of them. =) So of course I had to make Jeff come get us and wait for Costco to call me with me keys. About the kids, totally depends if anyone is looking, or if the mess is just awful. Then I feel guilty enought to clean it up.
So you're not pregnant? Hee,hee.
Whether or not I pick up after my kid depends on what they spill or drop. I won't go after a goldfish cracker at Costco either. If they chuck the sample cup thing, I will pick that up. Mostly it depends how lazy I am feeling and/or how many people are looking.
I try to return the cart but most of the time I will just find a nice empty space to put it near the car. I won't walk 100 yards with my kiddos alone in the car to return a cart.
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T PUT THE CART BACK!!!! Okay sorry, I'm done annoying you.
I'm sad that when you venture out to costco without me you don't have the best experience...freak, who cares about a few fish crackers...I mean, besides the old, bitter sample guy. No biggie!
Yay my internet is back!
I'm with you, Ali. You do what you can but when it comes to things like these 1) you don't have the time to clean up every scrap and referee your child, 2) 10 people would have stepped in your mess by the time you find something or someone to clean it up and 3) gross-I'm certainly not crawling on the floors of any store for free. Also I put my cart back almost all of the time, but almost always with sample cups and coupons squished inside...
I try to get most of them...but by the 10th time I just move along like I did not notice my kids throwing them on the floor.
They have people to clean up after us!
Post a Comment