Monday, December 03, 2007

Christmas Party and Cookies

We had our ward Christmas Party on Sat. night and it was a success (I am on the committee, and I say it was a success because there was some doubt about 11:30 the night before). I am amazed at the great attendance this ward has to its functions and so many people were even on time. I love that! We had a little Christmas Play and I was the Christmas Card (I could not have been any cheesier). Emery kind of freaked out when I left her to go on stage. But then when she saw me up there she ran up to the stage and just stared. It was pretty funny to Bri & I. Even funnier was the Tree's kid got on the stage. Kids are funny.
Then Santa came and I was hoping we could get a good pic with Santa this year. She was happy as a clam in line and even watched the other kids and tried to run up while they were on his lap. But when it came to her turn...of course she wasn't so thrilled to sit on this big strangers lap. O-well, maybe next year or more like in 5 years.Then yesterday I decided I had been craving sugar cookies long enough and that it would be fun to decorate with Emery. She had fun eating cookies, sprinkling them, but most of all picking the candy off them and eating it. My mom gave me the little Santa apron when we were just down there. She said I wore it when I was little. I just think it is the cutest thing - Emery did too and didn't want to take it off.Overall, it was a great weekend. Did you do anything festive this weekend?

15 comments:

kim said...

I think the Santa picture is awesome! Who says they always have to be smiling?? My sister and I had to get our pictures taken with Santa up until I went on my mission. One time a little boy asked me where my kids were. I had to tell him I was the kid. When Anna was little I backed her up to Santa and had them take the picture quickly, before she had time to freak. Loved the apron!! I am making some for the kids when my mom comes down this week. We will begin the baking and candy making next week. We skipped our ward party for Abby's birthday. It was going to be similar to last year's. So we probably had more fun playing Pretty Pretty Princess and eating hotdogs. Hope your cookies hit your spot!!!

Christi said...

I love the picture of her and Santa! That would have totally been Reagan. I also love the picture of her decorating the cookies. That is perfect.

Emily said...

So cute! Yum...sugar cookies! That apron is adorable, and I love the screaming santa picture. I want Easton to get one like that. It's almost cuter when they're crying than it is when they're smiling!

The Thompson's said...

Looks like a cute party. I am on our commitee too and we have our party this Friday! Not looking forward to all the work. I love the pic of Emery with Santa and her apron is too cute! Those cookies look scrumptious. Maybe I'll have to break out the x-mas cookie cutters and make some myself!

Kendee said...

Those suga cookies look yumo! Mine are all gone and I think I might need to make some more. Merry Christmas eating!

Beth said...

I love aprons on little girls! Isn't it so fun to have your own little buddy to do fun stuff with? Love it!

Caryn said...

That apron is so cute, I got one for Braden last year and he uses it all the time! So cute.

Alisha said...

I just watched the clip of Emery's words. So cute! Love the "Oh Me"!

That's so fun that you got the Santa apron from when you were little. My mom gave me "Gunny Bag" from when I was little. It's a horrible teal colored bag with a monster face and he eats up left out toys. Yeah, not so cute as a Santa apron. =) But it helps the kids pick up.

Melanie said...

I love that you actually did a play for the Christmas party! I think I was 15 last time I was in a ward that did anything in the way of performances or plays. I must say though that at first I thought the candle was a roll of toilet paper, but was pretty sure that wouldn't have been the case so I searched and found the wick on top!

Dave and Loralee said...

my mom gave me my apron from when I was little too and emma loves to be my little helper while wearing it! doesn't it just warm your heart? so now I'm making aprons for all my girls so they can pass them on someday :)

Laurel said...

If taking Christmas pictures counts as festive, then yes! We're not going to be in town for our ward's party this year, but I'm glad yours was such a success! I also love that apron on Emery. She's so cute! There's a picture in my own scrapbook where I'm making a similar expression with an Easter bunny as Emery's with Santa. I guess kids have to reach a certain age before people dressed as characters aren't threatening. :)

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

You are making me want to make but mostly eat sugar cookies! I can't believe Emery's face on Santa's lap!

McCall said...

Don't you love the holidays? I took Jacks to go see santa today, he screamed... i think our kids have quite a few things in common. your sugar cookie decorating makes me want to do the same - yummy!

Chelsea said...

I love that Emery is wearing the same apron as you did! And, this ward paly seems very interesting. Are you all on your way to broadway or what?

Jen Lee said...

CUTE pics! I love that apron! We've been doing cookies at our house, too. And I agree - the ward party was a complete success. You guys did an awesome job!