Monday, December 10, 2007

It's starting to hit me


When I first heard of the writers strike I sort of brushed it off. I didn't want to believe that my shows would stop and since they didn't for a while I wasn't so bothered by it. I just pretended the strike wasn't happening and secretly hoped that it would be over in time to start recording new shows. Well....now it is starting to hit me as the pre-recorded shows from before the strike are running out and we are getting stuck with crappy reruns or worse, stupid programming that none of us care about. Don't they understand how they are affecting the little people who depend on TV for their evening entertainment when finally the kid is asleep?

So, I hope that whoever is in charge of meeting these writers demands has a little bit of the Christmas spirit and makes them happy so they will go back to writing shows to entertain me. Until then, I will be watching seasons of some of my favorite shows on DVD or maybe even reading a book. Maybe this strike was created to get me off my TV addiction....nah that's just crazy talk.

11 comments:

kim said...

You're funny. We still have quite a few hours of recorded shows to watch. I was looking at the strike as a way to catch up with all of that. But you are right, it might force us to find other ways of entertaining ourselves. I may just have to talk to my husband when he comes home!!!

Tara said...

Totally agree! Work this out already it is ridiculous! Plus I am getting ticked not knowing when a new DHW is coming on. I mean is Lynette's family dead or what?? Who knows they probably haven't even written it!

Mandee said...

ditto that.

Kimber said...

You totally don't know me, I am Anjie Bringhursts sister. I am wondering how you found or did the template on your blog??? I LOVE it. If you have time could you go to my blog and let me in on the secret! I think my link is Kimmy...

Thanks, Kimber Uluave

Laurel said...

TOTAL crazy talk! Funny you now mention it, because I am starting to go through withdrawals, myself. Get over it, writers! Nothing is going to change!

Ilene said...

Amen.

King Family said...

We are getting ready to cut the cable if something doesn't happen soon. We can just watch Lost online. As much as I hate my lonely Thursday nights, the writers deserve to have their demands met.

Jaclyn said...

Amen! I was *so* sad last week when The Office was a rerun. I seriously look forward to Thursday nights so I can sit back, relax and get my fix of Michael Scott & gang. The only plus was that it had my all-time favorite Dwight quote that I now try to live by...
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing."--Dwight.

Ami Bethea said...

I have been feeling the same way. What the heck do the writers want? Give them more dang money so we can get back to our shows! The networks HAVE to be losing money at this point so hopefully it'll be over soon!

Alicia said...

I glad that people love you enough to comment on this topic here... I posted about it and got (almost) nothin'! ... I couldn't agree more!

Rachie said...

I am starting to get bugged too. Get over it already!