Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Mama Mia

So, at the last minute my friend got free tickets to Mama Mia and invited me to come along (seriously, first babysitting now this....I don't deserve to be her friend). I don't know if it was because I haven't been to a show in a long time or because I love ABBA or because the show was just awesome - but I LOVED it! It was so much fun and brought me back to high school when my friends and I loved ABBA and would sing to it all the time (no, I didn't go to high school in the 70's, and yes we were still cool). Shan, I thought of you the whole time - and the part when the 3 women were singing Dancing Queen in the room being goofy really brought me back. I know I will be an old lady still dancing around singing into a hair brush!

Oh, it was so much fun! I am so glad I got to go and now I want to find my ABBA CD and listen to it non-stop.

For those not interested in Mama Mia...check out Emery being Scrooge.

http://www.scroogeyourself.com/?id=1524437439

14 comments:

Christi said...

I am SO glad that we went. It was so fun. I LOVED it!!!!! I want to go again.
The scrooge of Emmery if awesome!

Anonymous said...

ABBA rock; at their peak, they were the highest revenue producer in Sweden, more than Volvo, a little known fact.
Brad

Chelsea said...

I have wanted to see this show forever! I was just in chicago for Thanksgiving, but it left right before I got there. I'm so jealous!

Tara said...

Oh man as soon as I saw this post I got that dancing queen song in my head and it won't leave! Thanks a lot! :)

LOVE the Emers video. That is hilarious!

The Scotts said...

YEA!!! I love Mama Mia!! I'm glad you thought of me. I dragged Jared to see it with me and he admitted he liked it. Then I took Summer and my MIL 2 days later because I told them they would love it. I love ABBA!!

Jenn said...

That sounds like such fun. I think that play looks great. Don't feel bad for a second for all the fun you are having and all the babysitters-do it when you can! And loved the little scrooge.

Ami Bethea said...

How fun! I've always wanted to see that show. Cute scrooge!

Emily S. said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Check out my blog and see how addicted I am to Elfing people, and now you show me SCROOGING people??? That was AWESOME. She makes a great old grumpy man. (That might be the weirdest compliment I will ever give your daughter.)

Caryn said...

Looks like fun! I have tons of Abba on my IPod for the gym, Love it!

PS have you looked at the reunion blog lately, major drama, you may want to add comment moderation or something...

Emily said...

Sounds like a blast! Anything that plays Abba music has to be good!

Emily said...

Sounds like a blast! Anything that plays Abba music has to be good!

Laurel said...

K, I want to know who DOESN'T want to sing to ABBA into a hair brush! Lucky you, going to the show. I'm glad you had fun with your fabulously generous friend!

Bringhursts said...

Regarding Emery in glasses, my sister has a 3 and 4 year old both in glasses. They both got them around 2 or 3 years old. It wasn't that big of a task to get them to keep them on b/c they were just excited to actually be able to see. I love little kids in glasses so I wouldn't feel bad if I were you. We always call my niece and nephew's glasses "MAGIC" and they love them. Good luck!

Marc said...

So much fun... a play about a girl who has no idea who her dad is because her mom was such a hussy ;)