I know, I know that girls are emotional and I thought I was prepared since I am a girl and grew up with 6 sisters. Can it be possible that my child who isn't even 2 can
be this emotional already? She is super sensitive and if she so much as almost trips she is in a fit of tears. My patience resolution was just about thrown out the window - seriously,who is this kid and do you want her? Then a friend mentioned that she could be getting her 2 year old molars. I kind of forgot about teething and the change it brings to my child, but sure enough I checked her mouth and 2 new molars are trying to make their way through her poor sore gums. Today I gave her "Mommy's Best Friend" (aka children's ibuprofen) and I think I got my sweet little girl back.I
n other news...did anyone watch American Gladiators last night? I loved this show way back when and was excited that it was coming back. I think there is something hilarious about big muscley men and manly woman fighting with big foamy jousting things. Anyway, we watched it last night and Brian and I have never laughed harder than watching the 2 woman, Venus and Koya battle it out on the obstacle course. They were so tired that they could barely move and Koya just laid there for like 5 min on the reverse escalator thing. Anyway, the strike is sure helping me appreciate some random shows and I can't wait for LOST to be back on - Jan 31st!!!
20 comments:
I am glad that it was just her molars! I can't believe she is already getting them.
Can I just say I love the transition into did anyone watch American gladiators last night?!!!! I love it! Since we don't have cable it is a no, but I enjoyed the blog.
Tell Brian to stay strong, I can't believe he has gone a week!!!!
Oh Christi...Gladiators is on NBC not cable and don't fret it is on again tonight.
I want her!!! We miss having her bless our house all the time. I could even have her all by myself and not have to share since all 4 are in school.
I'll have to remember about Gladiators--I personally can't read that word without Elizabeth Taylor's voice in my head from the Oscars. I'm always up for a good chortle. Love ya!
Kudos to Brian!!! I am so very impressed!
Sweet!!!!
I LOVE american gladiators. Last night I fell asleep in the beginning after that wuss girl hurt her knee and gave up. I have been looking forward to it all day; I am so watching it tonight.
Poor Emery! I can't even imagine how bad that must hurt. But seriously, we parents need something injected into us, like a patience shot or something, because sometimes I feel really bad for my kid, but still SO MAD!
Oh and I totally understand about the sensitive thing too...Easton is actually a boy, but is super girly sensitive. I hope he grows out of that soon.
I was going to say MOLARS even before I read it. Oh how I love them! That picture of her is adorable and I am laughing about American Gladiators. I can totally seeing you loving that show!
You are hilarious! Poor Emery was probably frustrated and couldn't tell you what was wrong.
I so wanted to watch Gladiators and spaced it because we were backing up our pics from Briant's laptop since we have had such bad luck with computers. We are still waiting to see if they could retrieve files from our other computer. We are pretty much missing all of 2006. (I think, hopefully not more!) We'll see! Good luck with Emery!
We watched A.G. too! I forgot how cheesy all the dialogue was.. really, when are the writers back on their job? I couldn't take my eyes off of Hulk Hogan's "hair"- it reminded me of that Muppet with the silky blonde hair.
Molars? I wish I could use that excuse on my three-year-old. Poor Jackson, I complain about him too much. I really do love and adore him. (Repeat five times).
I wish I could savor television like you have been able to. When I saw that Gladiators was "back on" I was completely dumbfounded. I still can't believe it. Then again, I absolutely detest anything that even remotely resembles reality TV.
Writers, we need you back! America is in dire straits without you! Help! Is anybody listening?
Anyhoo, is Lost even coming back? I haven't heard anything about my new favorite show...
little emers at her worst cannot compare to any one of my monsters. i can't picture her being anything but a little angel!! love her, and you!
Ok, I watched Gladiators at the gym, the guys outfits killed me! But I loved this show as a kid too!
What's your email address?
arynsampson@gmail.com
Hopefully the ibuprofen is still working strong :) Poor little Emers.
BTW good job Brian. We only have diet sodas at our house too (Fresca & vanilla coke zero are frequenters). I am going to have to check out Gladiators. I am always up for watching a couple hundred pounds of muscle fly across the screen!
We totally watched it and it was so hilarious! I was laughing so hard when she was laying there forever...I thought she was faking! Its funny to watch the Hulk host it too. Good Times! Is this what they are doing because of the writers strike??
You are crackin' me up. I love mommy's best friend too. Steve over prescribes it though. When we were on our lengthy flight back to Chicago he wanted to give it to Lake. I told him he was nuts and he was thinking of Benadryl. Children's motrin helps with most things, but not with sleeping.
Commening on your other news, we are definitley going to start watching Gladiators. What a crack up.
i love american gladiators! it would be sweet to be strong enough to compete against those very "manly women".
i love love love lost! but i still have to catch up on last season!
Wow I am going to have to check out the gladiators sometime. I remember when it was cool back in the 80's.
Poor Emers!
Teeth are not fun, but watching the Gladiators was! I love that you wrote about it! And Lost, my long "lost" love, I've been waiting! And Vegas-yes/no- I want to come see you!
I just back in to town so I have major catchup on the blogs. CONGRATS on being prego! Love Emery's glasses. They're so stylish. =) Totally saw Gladiators and was cracking up. My fav is Ninja Warriors (it's on cable on G4) but Gladiators is cool too.
A little belated, but YES, we watched Americal Gladiators! FREAKING HILARIOUS! At first we were watching it as a joke, then I of course had to see who won at the end. Clearly, I have television addiction problems. As for LOST, I cannot wait!!!!!
Post a Comment