I know you all know that I am totally addicted to blogs. I love having this outlet to just say whatever I want or talk about my kid and I love seeing what is going on in so many other people's lives. But other than blogging, checking my email and the occasional visit to The Superficial, I don't really know how to surf the 'net. (and where did that saying come from? how is going from one website to another anything like surfing?) I know the logistics of surfing the internet...I just don't really know where to go and I quickly lose interest. Maybe this is a good thing. Maybe this is because I think about all the other things that I should be doing (like work) instead of playing on the computer. Maybe this is because I spend enough time looking at blogs that I am just done after that. Whatever the reason that I can't seem to do anything else when on the internet...I am still curious what other people do when they surf.So, spill your guts. What are your favorite sites? Is there something I am missing that I need to know about out there in the world wide web? And do you enjoy shopping online? If so, where and how. I fell like I am missing something here, especially when people say that they spent some free time surfin' the 'net.

Oh...and Brian made us watch Rock of Love 2 last night and I have never laughed so hard nor felt so trashy just by watching it. Serious entertainment of stupid slutty girls going after lame rock star. (Sorry Jamie, but I can like Poison but not worship Bret right?)
15 comments:
House of Love makes me kind of itchy. I watch only what The Soup airs. But I am glad you got a good laugh.
I am with you, aside from the fantastic shopping, blogs and email I do not get around the computer very well.
I am totally boring when it comes to 'surfing' too. I just go down my bookmarks one by one and check airline tickets (because I am constantly taking pretend vacations), the news, recipes and online shopping (because I like to also pretend I have money to spend).
I just love checking blogs, and that pretty much takes up my time.
I am right there with you! My husband spends his work day with computers and still manages to "surf" them all night once he comes home! I honestly don't understand how there is that much of interest to one person. Does that make me weird? Same subject, how do people "google" someone and actually find information about them? I've tried my own name as a little mini-experiment and can't even find my blog! Huh. I don't get it. I read my friends' blogs, emails, and generally call it good.
Along with the occasional Nordstrom.com internet shopping.
I'm with you on the surfing the net thing. Before I found the blog world, I totally checked my email and that was it. Now, I at least "surf" the blog world, but I have no idea where to go otherwise. The people you should ask if our husbands. Seems like are professional surfers of the net after law school.
i've been having an anti-surfing phase in life. (coinciding with being pregnant and my "do nothing but lay on a couch" phase of life.)
but i do love to sit down and click through random blogs for a few hours until i find someone with either the funniest blog or the cheesiest. (by the way, yours is not the latter.)
but i do like www.apartmenttherapy.com and www.dailycandy.com.
Usually after I am done "surfing" I just feel like I wasted a bunch of time, so don't feel like you're missing much.
As for Poison, I love it and my sister and I always la-la-loved Bret Michaels' perfect lips and thought he was so long. Rock of Love (watched about 1/2 an episode and felt the same as you) and it sort of ruined the whole memory for me of him. He's such a gross old man now who probably has the nastiest cootie crotch of all time. Blech!
Alison,
Now that you are preggo again you should check out babysites.com. You can make it private as well so no one can view it unless you invite them.
I never surf the net, Alison, I have no idea how. Every once in awhile I do random things but I have no idea how people spend HOURS just surfing it. Also, Rock of Love is hilarious. Bret is so washed up (but I still love Poison).
hi adi, no good websites from this computer dunce. bri introduced me to the superficial and besides our families blogs, that's all i look at too. maybe everyone just pretends to surf so they look productive or something.?? how's your belly?
i try not to surf the web too much-it usually leads to finding deals that i can't resist and blowing money!!! i usually start out on one of my favorite blogs (listed in "bloggers i wish i knew) and it's just link-link-link from there on!
I've tried the whole surfing thing like you and it is just too hard for me and I lose interest. Not literally hard, but I can't think of anything to look up besides recipes and baby sites and then I get bored. I think the people that 'surf' are the people at work who are stuck there and can't leave and don't want to do real work. (Briant for example will 'surf' and then act like he has a lot to do at work, but yet he has time to surf. What is up with that?)
Not sure about surfing the net but I did watch Rock of Love...it is the funniest show ever!!! Pretty crazy but I can't believe that there are really people like that!
I know what you mean! I look at blogs and my email and sometimes the news and that is it. I am bored! Raleigh can go at it for hours though. I just don't get it.
You are hilarious watching that show. It is so white trash!
here's a pretty cool like that could take up a LOT of time: www.babycheapskate.com
I came across your adorable blog through all of my blog hopping, and I just have to know where you do you get the cute templates?! I consider myself fairly crafty, but not hi-tech crafty! Do you use a digital scrapbooking program? Is there some magical website for darling backgrounds? I would love to know these savvy secrets! My blog needs an overhaulin'...Thanks!
Post a Comment