Monday, January 28, 2008

New 'do & New Calling

I have been waiting far too long to get my hair done and ugly hair on top of constantly growing bigger is not good for the self-esteem. I am so lucky because I have a very talented sister that does my hair, but she lives in UT. Usually, I make her do my hair everytime I am in town, but this last trip for Christmas was a bit too chaotic and she was already booked. Then I got lucky again because I have a friend in my ward who is also very talented (and she went to school with my sister so that must be a good thing), so I didn't have to go searching around for a great local stylist. I am so happy to have a new 'do.

....and I figured you would ask so here is a pic. And for those that have known me for more than a year, you will see that this 'do is not so new but more of my old fall back. I just love a bob, what can I say? Thanks, Jamie!

The other "new" news in my life is I got a new church calling. I get to be the Laurel Advisor in Young Women's. I am really excited and really nervous at the same time. I am excited because I have wanted to work with the YW for a long time, mostly because I still feel like I am a YW. But I am nervous because I will have to teach lessons almost every week and that makes me nervous. Not so much because I have to speak in front of these girls but because I am not creative and feel like I won't be prepared enough for these lessons. So wish me luck...I have another couple weeks until my lessons start.

And as a little PS - I know so many have already paid tribute on their blogs to our wonderful Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinkley, who passed away yesterday. But I just wanted to say how very much I am going to miss him and how much I truly love this amazing leader. He is the type of leader that inspires you to be better because you can feel the love he has for you and for the Savior and his humble example will always be a strength to me. Selfishly, I will miss him but I know he is happy and reunited with his loving wife.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your hair- and I will miss Hinckley too. I was so sad to hear the news- thanks for your tribute

Laurel said...

Love the haircut. Love the tribute. And YOU'RE going to love the new calling! I am also a Laurel advisor, teaching every week except for Fast Sundays, and I have really learned that I rely on participation. It CAN be a lot like trying to pull teeth, but when they DO decide to contribute, their Spirit is just so strong. Honestly, this calling/preparing lessons has really been a huge testimony booster for ME. You will love it and the girls will love you!

destiny said...

Wow! I'm only the second to comment! I usually don't because you always have a million and I don't want to repeat anything!

Cute hair! I LOVE getting haircuts! It's the best feeling in the world!

Congrats on the calling, I was in YW for about 4 years, so if you need any help, you know who to call! There are some awesome websites out there to help be "creative" and get the girls attention. I am a big fan of "object" lessons. We got called to be Sunbeam teacher a couple weeks ago! I REALLY miss the YW!!!

kim said...

Cute "new do"! The YW are lucky to have you. It's always good for them to have a good example. You will be a great teacher. Have fun!!!

McCall said...

congratulations on the girl! that is so exciting. i wish i could find out what i was having, i am so anxious to know!
your hair looks cute - you do look great in a bob. we always have our fall-back haircuts that we just love!
thanks for the message on the prophet, i will miss him greatly!

Beeta said...

Cute new do and congrats on the calling! Whatever you are not creative...look at your stinkin cute blog and tell me you're not creative. They will love you! Yay for another girl!!!

Emily said...

LOVE the hair...you should show everyone the back, because it's shorter than it usually is and SO DANG CUTE!

And the YW will totally love you, so NO worries.
I agree with all of your thoughts about President Hinckley too!

The Scotts said...

Love the hair cut! You are so cute ANH. How fun to be in YW's. I have been in it in my last 2 wards and loved it!! Not that I am not enjoying my primary calling, but I miss the YW and leaders. It is so fun!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

um-you're wearing a skinny shirt-what is BA talking about? you can't possibly be that big if you are still in that! cute 'do, although i have to admit i thought i'd scroll down to something totally non-alisonish, but i guess once you've gone short it's hard for any drastic changes. isn't getting your hair done the BEST thing when you're prego?!?!

King Family said...

Very cute haircut, I just had mine cut and wish I did it a little more like yours....good luck in your calling, I would love YW, especially the Laurels.

Chappell Family said...

HOT MAMA!! I love it short! You'll have so much fun in YW, I've been in it for about a year, and sugardoodle.net has lots of great ideas!

Ilene said...

Yay for a good stylist! I'm in the dregs of growing my hair out. Don't know how much longer I can hold out; especially after seeing your new 'do.

I just got called to 2nd counselor in YW so send me all of your ideas. The best part I have found about being in YW is getting to know all potential babysitters.

Christi said...

I love your haircut. It is super cute. I am jealous of people who have short hair!!!!!!! Good luck with YW-they are going to love love love you.

Caryn said...

Love the new do. I am wishing I had the courage to do the same thing, eek. I don't though.

You will love YW. FYI they added a line to the theme, and it still throws me off. Have fun and enjoy it!

bulkleybunch said...

you're quite the babe! love you!

Tara said...

Love the bob! Good times! And don't worry I agree with Em, I bet you would be an awesome YW leader. Good luck!

Jaclyn said...

You've always looked so cute with the bob. And you are going to be an amazing Laurel advisor! The girls will love how much fun you are and look up to you so much due to the person that you are. I was called to be YW President when I was 24 years old and was so overwhelmed by it at first. There are a lot of helpful tools out there, but nothing is as powerful as letting the spirit guide. Good luck! You're going to be an amazing leader!

Alicia said...

The haircut is so cute and so you. Well done. You will be great in YW! How fun... just remember working with teens is really not that scary. Just be yourself, respect them, and demand respect in return. You'll be great!

Kendee said...

Love the same old haircut! It's an oldie but a goodie. Hope you have fun with the YW. They intimidate me. It takes a lot of cutsie prep work, you'll be great.

lisset said...

cute cut- even if it is the same old thang. you've got the figure and the face for a short cut so work it.
congrats on the calling too!!