Last night, without any prompting, Emery went down and laid by Sage and gave her hugs and said, "I love my sister so much. She's my best friend!"
I love that they are already best friends. Sage always looks adoringly at Emery and watches everything she does. Emery is ultra protective of Sage and if she ever hears her cry she comes running to me saying, "Baby so sad! You have to pick her up." She is always so helpful to give Sage her paci or play with her when she needs some attention or bring me diapers or give Sage toys that she think she will enjoy. These little girls melt my heart and I am so thankful to be their mother.
Life is precious. This is all the more evident at this time as our dear friends' sweet new baby passed away a few days ago. It has been an emotional weekend and I can't even imagine what they are going through. But as they advised, this recent event makes me want to hold my little girls a little longer and savor all the moments of each day. It makes me want to be more patient, look for the good and appreciate the comfort the Gospel brings.
I love that they are already best friends. Sage always looks adoringly at Emery and watches everything she does. Emery is ultra protective of Sage and if she ever hears her cry she comes running to me saying, "Baby so sad! You have to pick her up." She is always so helpful to give Sage her paci or play with her when she needs some attention or bring me diapers or give Sage toys that she think she will enjoy. These little girls melt my heart and I am so thankful to be their mother.
Life is precious. This is all the more evident at this time as our dear friends' sweet new baby passed away a few days ago. It has been an emotional weekend and I can't even imagine what they are going through. But as they advised, this recent event makes me want to hold my little girls a little longer and savor all the moments of each day. It makes me want to be more patient, look for the good and appreciate the comfort the Gospel brings.
17 comments:
Sisters are the best. I don't know what I'd do without mine.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend's baby. That is just terrible. My heart goes out to her family. I can't even imagine...
Reagan is going to be a little sad to hear that Sage is her best friend, but they can still be friends :) I love it that they love each other.
Sibling love is simple and sweet! I get to watch my little Cali adoringly stare at and hug her big brother. It melts my heart when he kisses her each night and tells her "night night. love you Cali girl."
I'm sorry to hear about your friend's baby. It really does make you stop and ponder the precious moments and tender nature of our beautiful little children. I'm with Liz, I can't even imagine.
isn't sibling love amazing! now i understand why my parents would be so upset when we used to fight as kids. and it's amazing the love they can show at such a young age.
steve told me about your friends-so sad. i really cannot imagine and i can't handle that there are people that have to deal with such things. hope they're doing alright. take them some yummy cookies.
Cute sisters! Especially last night when Emery was pummeling Sage...that was so loving.
sage and emers are so sweet together. i'm jealous. chase and lib just can't get it to work out. ahhhh!!! i love you and loved seeing your beautiful family even if it was super quick.
That is so sweet! You'll have to remind her of this when she's a teenager and everything her little sis does bugs her!
Thanks for your sweet words about cherishing every moment. I have definately felt that way these past couple days. I just want to hug and kiss Nathan all day and tell him I love him a million times. You are a great Mom, and a great friend!
Wow. I don't have any sisters and I have to admit that I was always jealous of how you talked about hanging out with all your sisters and having such quality girl time. Your girls are lucky to have another sister so close in age.
The way that my kids show that they love each other is that they will defend one another in the nursery on Sunday. For instance, Izzie will get in a power struggle with a kid over a toy, and while she is getting repremanded for fighting, Spence will go over to the offending kid and hit him a few times. Isn't sibling loyalty and love sweet?
I love that Emery loves Sage so much already!
I'm sorry to hear about your friends baby. It seems like there are sad things happening all around right now and I just need to be more grateful for my blessings.
They are so sweet! What a great helper Emery is!
So sorry to hear about your friend and her precious baby. My heart goes out to them.
We had some friends lose their baby a while back, and I remember feeling so helpless to do anything for them. And I really think that appreciating and living ours to the fullest is the best we can do. Your girls are so sweet! And sisters really are the best. I hope Isabel can have a little sister one day. :)
it is too sweet to see little kids filled with so much love. those are lucky little girls. hope your friends find peace amongst so much heartache.
Ali, that is so sweet! It's great that you documented it for posterity's sake, too. They probably learned how to love from their mom, right?
Sorry to hear about your friend's baby. I've been through some of those hard times, and I am grateful for the experiences, because although painful, they remind me to cherish what I have, while it's here. Your girls are dolls! Remember this when they are fighting over clothes or bathroom time later!
I am so glad they are such good friends!! Sisters are really the best. My poor little Addi will just have to be okay with get not so gentle hugs from her well meaning brothers!! I am sorry to hear about your friends baby.
Sisters are the greatest. "It's a bond stronger than marriage." I think that's a P&P quote.
i love that you wrote this moment down... such a sweet little memory.
Hope you are feeling better, and I'm saying a prayer for your friend.
Post a Comment