Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday Baking Day

Recipe for the best day of Holiday Baking
  • 1 cold, wet day (snow if you can manage, even the wet stuff that doesn't stick but comes every once in awhile to Sunny Las Vegas)
  • 3 pairs of jammies all day long.
  • 10 million pounds of chocolate (and a little helper to lick the beaters)
  • Holiday Music to get you in the mood. Can be substituted with Holiday Movie (Emery's choice was The Grinch)
  • 1 Bumpo Chair for a happy baby
  • 1 taste tester, preferably with a Santa Apron.
  • 5 zillion of plastic bags, wax paper, cookie sheets, and plastic wrap.
  • Finally, you need some friends to give these goodies to before you die of sugar overload.

12 comments:

Emily said...

I will happily volunteer to be one of the friends you bring that plate of yumminess too.

Christi said...

Yummy. You know where I live! Those pictures are really cute too. I love the one of her with the beater.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

yum. is utah too far away to fit in the receiving group?

i never did find a bumbo-looks like a good kitchen helper. not that i'm in the kitchen enough to let that be justification to buy one at the real store!

Lizzy said...

Oh man, I am wishing I was a friend that lived near you! You actually make baking look fun. And that picture of Sage is freaking cute.

Beeta said...

Look at you.. Mrs. domesticism herself. Those treats look so yummy! Hollie told me to quit trying to be domestic after my umpteenth failure at baking. Your cookie recipe was a hit though!

Chante said...

You'd better have some left when we come visit! Yum, yum!

Jessett said...

Thanks for the treats. I am honored to be one that recieved them. You guys are the best!!!

But..... It did not help that they were waiting for me when I got home from the gym.. GRRRR!! They were so good that I had to eat like 5... So much for the gym!!!

The Scotts said...

Looks like fun and love your little helpers! I love seeing your house in the background. It looks so pretty and love your tree!

lisset said...

mmmm. i am fancying one of those plates. perhaps it will be a baking day at our house!

bulkleybunch said...

i'll pay the shipping! mmmmmmm!!! what really pisses me off is that you're still a size 0 with all that yummy food, and i know you eat it!!!!!! grrrrr

Brianne said...

We had a fun baking day today too! I love the yummy foods of the holidays...but I love getting them out of my house the best. Too many sweets after eating the whole first batch!!

Nicole said...

Haha, I dropped off my Christmas cookies at the Hillers and what do you know, yours were at the front door! Funny.