Thursday, December 18, 2008

White Christmas in Vegas

It's a Christmas Miracle (as long as you weren't planning on flying yesterday). We had some real snow at our house and Emery loved it. True we don't have much for a yard or snow gear but we made do.

When Daddy came home Emery helped him build the tiniest snowman. That should tie us over for the next 30 years when it may snow like this in Las Vegas again.

15 comments:

Christi said...

Love the snowman!!! I felt bad we didn't have any gloves. Reagan went to pick some snow up but realized it was really cold! I love the song.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i cannot believe it snowed so much down there! it has been snowing here for three or four days straight-it's crazy. just flurries now that the dumping is over. it's freezing-but it wouldn't seem like a real christmas without it.

nice snowman! what the heck are those eyes made of? tomatoes?

can't wait for all the cousins to play togther in the snow-maybe we can combine all the mini-snowmaking skills and make a giant snowman!

Mandee said...

I've been thinking about you guys and the snow! When I saw it on the news last night I said "oh my gosh, hell actually froze over!"

Which is what I would say if it would have snowed in Bakersfield, too. So don't be offended.

Love ya!

Kara said...

I love it. You'll have to check out my blog and see the snow we have here in CO. I'm glad Emery enjoyed the weather and got to make a little snowman! I love the song!

Tara said...

That last comment was funny about hell freezing over.

Anyway I was lame yesterday and didn't even go out in it. Most of it happened during nap time though so that's my excuse!

Lizzy said...

That is the funniest snowman. Emery looks like she's having fun!

Brianne said...

Darn global warming!! We enjoyed our few minutes of TX snow too. What fun memories.

The Scotts said...

How fun! That would be a nice once a year type of treat for the kids. She is adorable!

McCall said...

unbelievable! i don't think i have ever heard of snow in vegas, that is pretty exciting! and the fact that you got a snowman out of it is quite impressive!

Lisa said...

That snow man is classic. Probably my favorite thing i have ever seen.
Thanks for your kind words on my home decor. I wish i did live closer and i would help you in a heart beat. I am OBSESSED with decorating ;) I mean obsessed :0

Beth said...

i'm jealous! i did not know snow was possible in vegas. i agree with shan-it would be perfect once a year and i am glad i don't have to live in it daily!

bulkleybunch said...

cutest purest vegas snowman around! nicely done! liz, i nominate you to supervise the cousins in the snow, i'll be taking a nap with fuzzy socks on. have fun.

Kendee said...

Snow in VEGAS? That's nuts. And, it is way more snow than I saw here. I love the snowman and the singing. I need to see that EMERS real soon.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I can't believed it snowed! How fun for Emery! We have had so much snow in Chicago! I really don't know what to do with myself!!

Ami Bethea said...

That is a super cute little snowman! Love it.