Friday, March 20, 2009

Sprinklers


We went to the park yesterday to enjoy the beautiful weather and have a picnic with friends. We set out a blanket on the grass and found that the grass was a little wet. So, we moved to the top of the hill and got situated. Since the grass was obviously drying from a recent sprinkler round we thought we were safe. We were wrong. We were enjoying our sandwiches when all of a sudden the sprinklers came on and soaked/freaked us out. Poor Easton probably had nightmares about it.

After Emery got over the initial shock of the sprinklers getting her and her lunch wet, she decided it would be fun to go play in them (with the help of the fearless Reagan who is part fish).
Emery and Reagan playing until they got soaked (and then sad because there were no towels).

I guess we are ready for the splash parks to open!

11 comments:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I love all your new posts! Happy B-day! Disneyland pictures look like you had such a magical time with the girls!

Christi said...

I loved it. I felt like we were in a movie or something! I felt so bad for Easton! I love how the girls came up to and us and said we are wet, like we couldn't tell :)
At least it was beautiful weather!

Emily said...

Those are awesome pictures! It looks like they're having the time of their life.

And I was so hoping Easton would like the splash park this summer...guess not.

Tara said...

how hilarious! They look so cute running through them. Gosh I need to get over this stupid cold so I can come play!

Birchall Family said...

Just caught up on all your posts! Happy late birthday to you, sorry I am late, lame. I always know your birthday is in March, it brings back so many spring break memories.
I am so glad you got to go to Disneyland on your birthday! How fun! Your pictures are so cute, I am sure your girls were in princess heaven.
We are coming to Vegas on the 2nd and will be there until the 5th. I would love to see you, are you busy that weekend?

Jill said...

You got some good action shots!

Birchall Family said...

Hi! Sounds like you are going to have a busy weekend when I am there. I would love to maybe meet up for lunch or something.
Also, I was wondering if you have a good babysitter we could use. Will you email me so we can chat. summerbirchall@hotmail.com
Thanks!

bulkleybunch said...

you guys are playing in sprinklers and we're cranking the heat and watching the snow fall!! :( emery is the cutest!

Brianne said...

What a fun little impromptu sprinkler fest! Bummer there were no towels, but looks like they had fun while it lasted.

Love you happiest post about your happiest day at disneyland. It really is the happiest place on earth. I miss it! (but trying not to be too jealous)

Sheri Lee said...

That's awesome! Hey, did you ever find a house?

rochelle said...

Happy Birthday, Alison! I think running through unexpected sprinklers is such a great joy of childhood. How often do we as adults just break down and do it? Definitely not me! And kids have so much fun with it! I can't believe it was warm enough for them to do it. It's so cold here in Utah!