Thursday, March 05, 2009

Bikes and Swings

Emery has been loving her new bike that she got for her birthday. The weather has been nice and lucky for us, we live down the street from a great park. I know we are bad parents and haven't purchased a helmet yet - fortunately she doesn't go at mach speed...yet.

It is so nice living where the sun always shines so we can play outside. Sage got in the swing for her first time this weekend - something Emery didn't experience until she was about 15 months. I love this weather and I am going to rub it in all you cold peoples face because come July you will be rubbing it in my face (too bad I still don't mind 110 degree weather).

I also just have to put in a little tidbit about another love of mine....TV. First off, American Idol. I love it but seriously I am kind of losing steam this year. First of all, if the judges give one more cop-out bad review of the song choice I am going to throw up. Ok, I understand that the song does matter, but it isn't the only thing. They act like the song could save some of the horrible singers had they only picked the right one. I just think that the more they say the song was wrong the more I think that they just don't know what to say. I am really not in love with any of the contestants yet, some I like better than others some I hate. And really....they brought Tatiana back for the wild card? Gross.

Also, LOST is the best show ever. I loved it last night. Oh man...I can't wait for more. That my friends is a sign of a good show. I just knew Sawyer and Juliette were going to hook up. But, I kind of have to agree with my pal here about that Sawyer and Kate moment...I might actually want them together over Kate and Jack (and I have always been a Jack fan). Love Triangle...I hate them and I LOVE them.

Finally, if you still don't watch Friday Night Lights, you are lame. It is another best show on TV (shut up, there can totally be more than one best, just like I can have more than one favorite). It is good for everyone because it has a little sports for the hubbie and some drama for the wife. The dialog is way more real than and other show (I love you Gilmore Girls but no one talks like that, hard as I may try). Tami and Coach Taylor are my heroes. Watch it, love it.

And that is all for now folks. Better go outside to enjoy this nice weather!

14 comments:

Lizzy said...

I'm so jealous of the warm weather. We've been having teaser warm days and then snow today. I'm so ready for some serious sunny weather.

I love Lost. Love Sawyer with all my heart and soul. I feel the same about Idol this season. I'm hoping once it's down to the final 12 I'll find a winner contestant to root for. Right now, I just don't love any of them.

bulkleybunch said...

just shut up about the weather, enough!!! i woke up to SNOW this morning!!!! haven't watched any idol but did like lost last night even though they added more characters!! ENOUGH characters!!!!!! i have watched every season and i can't even remember who's alive or dead. fun! love the pics of snag in the swing. oh that's a caption for sure, i can see it now. . . SNAG IN THE SWING!! kinda like, jack in the box, admit it, it does have a nice ring to it? okay, i'll shut up now. love you.

Emily said...

Yea, Idol sucks this year compared to last year. I like Lil, but other than that, they are going to have to work real hard to win my vote. Tatiana sucks.

lisset said...

you kill me with your tv obsession. where do you find the time to keep up with all these shows??
i love emery on her bike. it freaks me out a little that she is getting so big with ethan not too far behind her. tell her to slow down already!

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I have been reading your blog for awhile now but never commented because I used to be a lurker... trying to comment more often now :)

I have to completely agree about Tatiana... I couldn't believe they actually brought her back! There were so many others they should have had on the wild card but whatever. HA!

Your kids are adorable!

The Woody's Fam said...

Hey I just found you from cousin Kara's blog. We are woodysfam.blogspot.com I have it set to private if you want an invite email me at woody96@earthlink.com and I'd love to add you. It is so fun meeting all of Daniel's family this way. My Mother In-law checks my blog out all the time and always loves it when I find another relative of hers. Hope you don't mind us snooping every once in a while.

PS. You kids are so cute.

Jami Baker said...

Totally agree with you on Friday Noght Lights!! I love that show!! Am Idol needs to just pick the BEST people and stop worrying about being polictally correct about getting their black person, crazy person, ect. I mean, they sent the Osmond boy home. WHY????? Anyway, love your TV posts. We pretty much watch the same shows!!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

haven went in her first swing this week too! cute! i'm not too totally jealous because at least we've had some 60-degree weather the past week, but that snow yesterday definitely sucked. dude-idol is so PC this year that it's completely ridiculous. i hate the majority of the contestants (or they're so ugly/creepy i can't look at them while they sing). except danny. he rocks. lost was actually a good episode-easy to follow, felt like we got somewhere. almost "feel-good."

Kara said...

All I can say is Amen Sista! Friday Night Lights is the best! I love it and it's probably the only non-reality show that I like. I agree with A.I. I would seriously stop watching it if they put Tatiana in the top 12. I can't stand her.

KatieZ said...

Hi Alison, with one L. (Junior high memory moment.)

Lost is a passion of mine also. TJ and I are addicted. We also love Idol. So, I will look into your third suggestion, but in return, you have to try out 30 Rock. It is seriously funny!

I'll be checking back to see what you think...

z

Alifinale said...

How could I forget to mention 30 Rock. Probably because I have too many favorite shows. That is for sure the best sitcom. I like it even better than The Office. I love a show that makes you laugh out loud.

Also, glad my obsessive spelling of my name has stuck with you. Believe it or not I actually let it slide when people spell it wrong...sometimes.

rochelle said...

I can't wait for it to get warm here in Utah. My kids definitely need to get out and learn how to ride their bikes WITHOUT training wheels, for sure. I love the swinging collage! And I totally love how you blog about TV. You are so adorable!

The Scotts said...

Alison, I am so confused. We just watched Lost from this week. What!?!?! I just don't know what I am feeling. I just don't have any words.

Tatiana drove me nuts!!

And your girls are adorable! Love the good weather!

Melanie said...

I love Friday Night Lights! We just caught up on all the seasons watching it on Hulu. I want everyone to watch it so it doesn't get canceled!