Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wisdom Gone

Teeth that is.

I waited long enough and after a few weeks of feeling like a teething baby I finally decided to rid my mouth of those pesky third molars.

I guess since just about everyone has their wisdom teeth removed I thought it would be no big deal. Then as the day drew closer and I mentioned to a few people that I was going to have oral surgery the horror stories started coming out. I asked my friend to watch my kids but forgot to figure out who was actually going to go to the appointment with me. For some reason, I thought I would be fine driving. After hearing about how swollen, bedridden and traumatized some friends were I was sufficiently freaked by the time Friday came around. Fortunately, I have lifesaver friends and a husband that watched kids, took me to the appointment, made me dinner, and came home early from work to take care of me.

But all went well and other than being pretty darn soar and throwing up from the pain meds (love them and hate them) I survived.

So who's got chubbier cheeks now?

10 comments:

Emily said...

You handled it like a champ (except for the puking part apparently...sorry about that). You barely look swollen. I hate you.

Sammy Pow said...

Alison (that's the answer to the question.)

Christi said...

Puking sucks!!! Emily is right you barely look swollen. I loved when you walked in singing primary songs. Only you!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

first of all, you had an army help you out with all of this?!?! i had to go to the poor people doctor alone and he said i'd be fine without painers (which i was, but the fact that he said that sort of freaked me out). second of all, is that really sage? she looks so different! and third, sage. i can't even tell you have "chubby" cheeks. oh, and fourth-just watch out for dry socket-that's when you'll start feeling some pain!

Kara said...

I threw up the pain meds too, and that's pretty much why I hate taking medication now. I hope you're not in too much pain and I hope you're enjoying some pudding, jello and someone needs to get you some Yogurtland!!

Caryn said...

Oh man, why did we wait so long? I had mine out a while back, it was NO fun. And you don't look so puffy...

bulkleybunch said...

:( sorry! and shut up about the cheeks, they didn't even get puffy!!

Birchall Family said...

You are much braver than I. Mine have been in since I was 18 and I still won't get them out! I can give birth to 4 babies, but I can not get my wisdom teeth out!
So happy that you had a half way ok time with it.

Ilene said...

Ah, I got mine out when I was in my twenties. It gives you a whole new level of compassion for when your baby is teething.

Nothing like washing out those nasty pits.

Jill said...

I should have shown you a picture after I had mine out. My face was like a football, and I don't know how Liz went with out the pain meds. My mouth was killing me. Glad that is over with.