We just got back from our first kidless vacation and loved it (Thanks to my mom for watching the girls and doing such a good job of it that I did not shed one "missing my babies" tear - shocking, I know). We had a blast visiting our friends, eating nonstop, and roaming the city.
Here's a few highlights from the trip (get ready for picture overload).
It started off with a bang. For Brian it was all downhill from the airport where he got to meet his other favorite Al.

Central Park. We got a little bit of Autumn in New York.

The Met...but we figured our visit to the Met 7 years ago was good enough. That and we were ready for lunch.
So we got some delicious tacos and the best grilled corn ever. Totally worth the wait in the 3 foot wide trailer for an hour.
Then on to see some more sights and check out some illegal purses (seriously, we followed this chinese guy down an alley into a building and up a few flights of stairs - ended up not being so worth it, funny nonetheless)
Love the street name.
For the Gossip Girl fans...I thought this looked like where Serena lived or something - Brian didn't get the significance thus the blurry pick. We did hang on the Upper East Side. XOXO
Rockafeller Center.
NBC Studios and Radio City Music Hall. I was really hoping to see Liz Lemon or maybe even Kenneth. No luck.
...Wicked!
That was my peak of the whole trip. I feel like I have waited forever to see it and I loved every minute of it!
The next day was very rainy but we still managed to get in some good stuff. Like the East River and Garbage Island.
We happened by the World Trade Center but it was pretty much the same as it was 7 years ago. Just a bunch of fence and a big hole. We hit Century 21
For lunch it was the Shake Shack and totally worth waiting in the rain for.
On Sunday the skies had cleared and we set off on a driving tour of the city, thanks to our guide Sean.

Like the Flatiron Building...
and Washington Square Park.
He had to get a NYC hot dog,
and I needed to get some nuts. The best part was the guy sitting behind the nuts stand.
We also took the Staten Island Ferry
and later some Junior's fabulous cheesecake we called it a day. Brian & Sean got to go to the Giants v. Cardinals game and loved pretending to root for the Giants so they didn't get beat up.
It was such a fun trip and went by way too fast. Thanks so much Sean & Jill for being the best hosts and tour guides. We LOVE NYC!
17 comments:
Love it love it love it! You guys crammed a lot into those 3 days. It looks way too cold but so much fun also. PLEASE talk Steve into going there for me. I want to go back so bad now!
steve and i remember autumn in new york as one of our all-time favorite memories together. of course, part of that was being excited to get the H out of JC!
looks like such a fun trip-i can't believe how much you crammed in! and i'm so jealous that you got to see wicked!
p.s. now i want to throw up just thinking about eating all that! you guys are troopers!
Oh, that looks like such a happy amazing vacation!!! I have yet to visit NY, and now want to even more. Woe is me. Love the pics!
You guys are the cutest couple ever! I love this post! You will have to come visit me when we move there next summer! You hit some of my favorite spots! Juniors, shake shack, century 21...How fun to get away just the 2 of you!
That looks like so much fun. I love all the pictures! You guys are too cute!
I am soooo jealous!!!!!! I can't believe all that you did, and I can't believe that you didn't shed 1 tear while you there :) I am particularly jealous that you got to see Wicked!!!!
So glad you had a vacation kidless!
So jealous. Nuf said.
LOVE all your pictures!! I am so jealous! I want to go there soooo bad! You are so beautiful and got such cute pics of you and your hubby. And how fun to see Wicked! I loved it and still listen to it daily, well i guess that is because Lily insists on hearing Popular in the car everywhere we go.
I must say, we had a blast. Thanks for coming to visit, and giving us an excuse to eat out practically every single meal. My 5lb weight gain that weekend was totally worth it.
Fun! I need to go to NYC when the weather is good - I always seem to go when it's cold.
And I LOVE Junior's! It was one of our favorite restaurants when we lived in Vermont - yes, Vermont! It was so funny because locations were listed underneath the name and it was "Manhattan Burlington." Pretty random, but oh so yummy!
WICKED! I love wicked! And to see it in NEW YORK?!? WooHoo for you! Glad it was amazing! Glad you were kidless. Jealous you are still a skinny butt! Love ya!
How fun! I want to go to NYC just for the food experience alone.
Delish and now I am hungry.
i love how much of the trip was food re-capping! we must be related! you really did do a ton, holy cow. and you got some awesome pics. hurray for you guys. love you.
Awwwe... New York in the Fall. How amazing is that? I am so happy you got to get away. And I can think of no better place than NY! I am glad you had so much fun. You guys are adorable!
1. I am so so so jealous.
2. That kissing picture is hot.
How fun - I love New York! It is all about the food, isn't it? :)
OMG!!!!! I love all the pictures. Looks like you guys had a blast. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment