Sunday, October 04, 2009

Spontaneous Disneyland Trip

I am not usually very spontaneous, but when the last minute chance came up to go to Disneyland I couldn't pass it up. So, Wednesday I packed up the girls and drove to the happiest place on earth. Three days of park hopping with Mickey, the Princesses and my parents.

Day 1

We drove half the day then went straight to the park - thus the crazy hair and only half day of fun. It was a good to get our feet wet before 2 more full days.

Day 2
The best part of the day was eating at Ariel's Grotto. Seriously...whoever suggested that from last time - thank you! For a price, you can just sit and eat and all the princesses come to you rather than wait in line for 2 hours. Totally worth it, imo.

Day 3
A few other highlights of the trip:
  • Staying on Disney property so we could go home and nap, watch the fireworks in our PJ's and get chocolate dipped Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies treats.
  • Emery somehow getting a blue stuffed monkey while I wasn't paying close attention (whom she named "Costco" once we got home). She said someone gave it to her but I couldn't find the culprit - I hope she didn't steal it.
  • Sage lost at least 4 hair clips/bands. Why do I even bother.
  • Emery fell on the swinging gondola on the giant ferris wheel.
  • Emery scared of "It's tough to be a bug" and any other ride that went into the dark. Except of course, Small World.
  • Sage dancing and LOVING the Playhouse Disney show. Emery loved it better the second time around.
  • Having my mom and Steve there to help with the girls and let me go on some of the over 40" inch high rides. I love Tower of Terror. And man, the Space Mountain is scary for Halloween.
  • Making friends in line. Emery even gave hugs and kisses to her new pal Lauren.
  • Sage trying to feed Snow White.
  • Emery telling Tinkerbell that I made her tink costume (I didn't). Tink said I was a tinker fairy too!
  • Watching the Halloween fireworks and all the Halloween everywhere. I love Halloween and Disney knows how to celebrate that.
It was a fantastic trip. So glad that we got the chance to go (so sorry that it was at the expense of my sister having sick kids. At least the trip didn't go to waste, Jo!). Thanks Mom for everything!

11 comments:

Christi said...

I am so jealous! I bet Ariel's Grotto was awesome,and staying on the property was probably heavenly! I can't wait to hear Emery tell me all about it.

Emily said...

Ugh. I hate Steve's work.

That looks like a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously want to pack up and go right now. Do you want to be spontaneous again next week when I get back?

Tower of Terror?! FREAKY MAN!

I am dying that Emery named her monkey Costco, lol!

bulkleybunch said...

what a fun little girl's trip! i bet they were in heaven! so glad you had fun and a little bit jealous too! :) love you

The Scotts said...

YEA! I was wondering where you have been. I hope it was me who suggested Ariel's Grotto! That was the best $$ that we ever spent! You guys look like you had so much fun! I am so jealous. I should just go tomorrow!

Chante said...

Can I just say that I am so jealous and so would have done the pack and go thing! Lucky you that you were the lucky one! And.....I hear you are going to NYC soon.....even more jealous! I am glad you guys had a great time!!!

Tara said...

Sorry I suck at commenting! I love your blog though and I read every post. The problem is I read it on google reader. I will be better I promise!

P.S. now that I commented will you come help me with the garage sale?! PLEASE! :)

Alicia said...

This post is awesome! I love it and I love you. (Sorry I didn't see it earlier, I'm out of town and am just now stealing my hubby's laptop.)

Bringhursts said...

People aren't commenting because they are jealous of you. That's projection.

Thanks so much for calling us to come. I wish we would have been in town so we could have come over. We are going there this week so I'm pumped since I've never been there for Halloween.

Bringhursts said...

Emily! I just read your comment. YES ! BE spontaneous and go to Disney.

Susan C said...

Thaank you for being you

Susan C said...

Great blog