Now she is 20 months but I am that far behind. But I want to take the time to record what is happening with this cutest, sassiest, mind of her own, little girl.
18 month stats:
Height - 30 inches (15%)Weight - 20.10 lbs. (5%)
Head - (40%) Good to know she's got a good head on her. Her round cheeks and square head give the impression that she is much bigger than she the munchkin that she is.
- Sage loves to dance and rocks her head whenever she hears music. She gets so excited when we put on "Single Ladies" (that's her song) waves her hand around and says "Oh Oh Oh!" She also has to climb on the ottoman when it's time to dance.
- The girl has more facial expressions than Jim Carrey. Those thick eyebrows (boy do we have some good waxing and tweezing days ahead of us, sorry girl) are so expressive and she pulls some of the dirtiest looks I've ever seen. Her latest is this eye squint, lips puckered look that cracks me up no matter how mad I was at her. Somehow, I gotta get a picture of it. Just haven't done it yet...
- She is sassy. This scares me to death to think of the teenage years ahead of me. She has a mind of her own and won't do anything unless she decides to (as I've learned with her learning to eat, sit up, crawl, walk and now talk...)
- Speaking of talking - everyday is getting more exciting. As with everything she goes at her own pace and while I have enjoyed Mama, Dada, Whoa and Uh-Oh for some time now, we are excited for some new words. I love to hear her try new words. Her "thank you" is my favorite thing ever and now she is trying to sing "Hello, Hello" since Emery and I sing it to her everyday she wakes up from her nap.
- Sage is my little love bug. She wants to be near me at all times. Gives the best kisses and hugs. She adores her daddy. The excited squeal, "DADDY" that she says every time she hears the garage door open is the sweetest thing ever. She worships Emery and it is so fun to watch them really play and laugh and wrestle together.
- She is still my little destroyer. On our recent trip to UT, my sister pointed out how she not only destroys but laughs and has a blast while doing it. Her giggle while pouring a pixie stick all over the floor or stomping on the kitchen table while throwing food almost make the mess worth it.
- She runs. Fast. Let's just say more than once I have chased her in a store and the chase covered almost half of Walmart.
- She loves TV. I know I shouldn't admit this but she is like her mother. It is the cutest thing ever when I am ready to make dinner and offer a show she runs to the couch, sits down and her enthralled look kills me.
- Food is her friend. You'd think she would be bigger with the way she eats. She loves snacks, throws a fit if I don't give her a cookie, and acts like a baby bird to anyone eating around her even after she has just eaten. But man, she will tell you if she doesn't like something. And I love the way she will stare, smell, and try a small taste before she will decide if a food is worthy of her palate.
Ok, this just got way long real fast. What can I say, I adore this little girl and could go on and on all day. She is growing up too fast. I love this age so much I don't want her to grow up any more. Except, I wouldn't mind if her front hairs would grow a little more.
7 comments:
I love little Sagie!!! I love the dirty looks, how can you not. I love the hair too, you can't complain you can at least do stuff with it, instead of just a fountain on top the head!!!
what a sweetie! those pics are so cute. i love her tutu skirt. the 3 gen pic is great. you're great. sage is great. love you!! xoxoxo
She is so cute and laughed SO hard at your little front hairs comment! :) Too funny.
I can't believe she is so old!!! And the cutest thing ever I have to agree. I will never forget the time I came over to your old house (Dicentra) and Sage was sitting in the bumbo on the couch watching a show. I still laugh when I think about that.
Love you Sagie!!!!
Sage rules!
Sage is such a dollface Ali! Those are some great pictures on this post. Love her in the Orange. I can't believe she is already 18 months. Crazy!
Dang girl, you're getting old!! Ha ha, just getting you riled up for your big 3-0 coming up! I LOVE Sage's dirty looks, she's so cute! I never see her anymore, so thanks for the update and pictures. Can't believe she'll be TWO soon.
Post a Comment