Monday, March 22, 2010

Party like it's 1980

My husband is sick of my birthday. But hey, I left my 20's behind me and I had to do it with a bang. So, last week some friends and I partied like it was 1980 for one more birthday hurrah.

We had way too much fun dressing up. And yes we even borrowed the flip slips from my 4 year old.
Then got together at BJ's for some good food and don't forget the pizookie (We weren't shy and went for 2 party platters).
Finally, the main event...Roller Skating at the Palms. Not everyone could make it and I felt sorry for them. It was so. much. fun.
We were seriously in our own goofy world. I loved that it was 80's night so I could listen to radical music and not worry about the fact that I don't have any current dance moves. Also, being awkward on roller skates totally ruled (my knee is still paying the price but the peeyourpants laughing was totally worth the bruise).
Thanks girls for the best birthday ever! And now I can be done with my birthday, don't worry hun.
PS - Don't mind the night club fog that they kept spewing at us, thus ruining what would normally be totally awesome pictures.

11 comments:

Lizzy said...

Love the picture where you look like you're doing the robot while ice skating. So funny! Sounds like a great way to say goodbye to your younger years! (I'm just kidding-you're not old!)

Alicia said...

So awesome.
So jealous.
So wish I was there.

Christi said...

Seriously can't believe that we went out looking like that!!! Still mad I didn't think to borrow Reagan's tutu.
Glad you got to party!!!

Melissa said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I bet the onlookers thought you were all some crazy drunk girls, little did they know, it was wholesome fun.

-I read your blog every now and then. Love the new layout.

The Scotts said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! I want to be your best friend!!! Can I come next time!?!?! I am so jealous that I don't get to live by you and your fun times! Did you make a music video?

bulkleybunch said...

you are the biggest nerd ever. i love it! looks like the best time ever. how fun. makes me realize i haven't had fun in a long long time!!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

fun times! i love me some rollerskating.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I love you girl! Okay I may have to repeat this party idea. I'm loving it. We may party on roller skates here in Chicago too for my 30th. Let the good times roll!

Em said...

You still look like you did in high school! Love the pics!

Tara said...

Such a fun idea! I am kind of sad in hindsight that I was sucky and didn't dress up that night. It was still so fun to chat with you weirdos at dinner though (Ha ha!)

We need to hang out so you can tell me all about the skating. love it!

Brooke said...

Oh dear.