We shaped each flower, petal and swirly, handmade the bow (well, Sesily did), rolled each pearl, painted glitter, draped fondant. Every part of the cake edible (and delicious I might add). It took forever, but it was so much fun (despite the almost tears) and the cake turned out beautifully. Thanks for the fun adventure Sesily (and Amy). And if you want a cake like this... sorry, it took us way too long to be affordable.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Amara's Cake
After the fun we had making Emery's birthday cake, my friend Sesily felt inspired to make a fancy cake for her little (and I mean tiny) Amara who is turning 1 on Monday. So, she found some ideas from the professionals then drew up her own plan. I laughed at her when she showed me what she wanted to do, but told her I was game.
Thanks to Ses's MIL, Heidi for the photos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Wow I'm so impressed. Love it!!
You guys did such a good job!!
OMG! You girls are dedicated! Looks like such a beautiful and yummy cake!
I loved that you laughed at her at first. :)
oh are you going to Lauren's wedding? Maybe we get to finally see each other??
Are you serious! That is amazing. It looks so great!
Holy freaking crap! That's all I have to say.
Wowie. Please tell me no one ate it. It's too pretty.
Ridiculous! That is what you guys are. Such a good job.
way to dream big, sessily! good work both of you-ten hours?!? i would have quit halfway through and taken a big bite out of it.
that seems like like my worst nightmare. i'm for sure the pig who wouldn't help plant, shuck, and whatever but showed up to EAT!!!!!
Ali, that is seriously one of the most amazing beautiful cakes I have ever seen. Wow!
I am impressed! I couldn't have done it... I love fancy cakes- you guys are amazing! Good Job!
Post a Comment