Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Aspen Grove

Well, I am spending this week with my family here at Aspen Grove. We got here Saturday and have been going non-stop since. It is so fun to be here in the beautiful mountains (that I missed so much) and play with my family. Emery even has a little class that she goes to (that is the best part of Aspen Grove, the babysitting all week long). So, I just wanted to let you know why I am not blogging this week. I will have to post some of our funny pics soon. Highlights so far:
  • Our family won Aspen Follies (only the most prestigious award to win at Aspen Grove)
  • We totally embarrassed ourselves by singing Mama's Soup Surprise at the Talent Show.
  • We had T-shirts that everyone coveted that said "I'm with Barb" and my mom's said "I'm Barb" - It was like a Where's Waldo game for everyone else to find Barb.
  • Did I mention that Emery is in a class for 6 hours each day? WooHOO!
  • Late night games and chatting with the fam.
Also, I want to give a shout out to my hubbie and all others that I know that are taking the Bar starting today. FINALLY... the endless studying and stress boils down to these next few days. Good luck to you all. To my honey, LYSM and thanks for working so hard while I play with my family. You are the best and I pray you do well so we never have to do this again!

11 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i sense a little "LYSM, i pray you do well so i never have to work again!!!" at least, that's how i'll be! oh, three years seems too long......

dude, this aspen grove thing sounds like a good deal. maybe i'll pitch the idea for our next reunion so i can get a break from the kid (kids by then, maybe?!).

Caryn said...

I wondered where you had been! Have a great time relaxing!

Ilene said...

Babysitting on site?! Oh, I am checking that deal out too. That sounds heavenly.

I'm so happy about your mom! Hooray. I hope you are enjoying your time and good luck with your hubbie taking the bar.

I've been wearing my glasses- I call them my Alison Glasses. That makes me happy!

The Farnsworth Family said...

I am so glad you are having such a great time! Good luck to Brian...I know it will be so nice to have it behind you :) Have so much fun with your fam. I can't wait to see pics!!!

Emily said...

That sounds like my kind of thing...singing crazy songs, embarassing myself and visiting with family. Looks like a way nice place too, and of course, the babysitting is a bonus! I hope you have a great time! Steve finishes the bar today...I'M SO EXCITED!! Good luck to Brian!

Summertime Designs said...

Oh that is so fun! I have heard so many wonderful things about Aspen Grove and have always wanted to go, but we never have. That's great that Emery had some fun classes to go to also. Hopefully you got to take a break during these times!

Ami Bethea said...

Sounds like a fun family trip! I'm glad you are having a good time - a little break from the kiddos is just what we need sometimes, as much as we love them. Good luck to your hubby!!

McCall said...

I LOVE ASPEN GROVE. i went for like 13 years growing up. way to go on winning aspen follies, i always wanted to - but never got to, dang. and the talent show is awesome, i love what all the families pull. i have never been with jackson although i can't wait to go with him so that i can have that babysitter... so awesome! no wonder parents love it. i am jealous you are there and i am not, have fun!

Jill said...

Sounds fun!! I want to take a vacation up to Aspen Grove!

Kendee said...

I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE TOO!!!!! No fair, have fun.

Birchall Family said...

Looks like so much fun! Can't wait to see all your fun pictures. That is so cute about the shirts. We kinda did something like that when my dad turned 50. We all flew to Utah with black shirts on and a goofy picture of my dad on it and the caption said "guess who's turning 50" The attention he got was so funny!