But Emery won't let them. She cries when anyone tries to hold her and only wants me. She won't go off with the kids or play with the toys without me being right beside her. It is exausting as I am being a single parent these days. Even when BA came in town this weekend she wanted little to do with him. 
Ok, I am being a little dramatic...she has made some progress in the last couple of days. My sister got to hold her last night, but only because she kept feeding her a milkshake. And she really only cries when people try to hold her. Other than that she will walk around and talk to anyone. But it's just frustrating when you want your child to be happy and have fun with all these people who love her and she doesn't want anything to do with them. Plus they think I am a liar when I told them what a happy baby she is. Just goes to show that these little people definately come down here with their own personality and I should just accept that she has a hard time adjusting to new people - and that you have to earn her love and trust and I guess that is a good thing.
19 comments:
Those pictures are hilarious. I have a bunch just like them with Jackson. She will get better- Emery will be all comfy right before you leave :) It breaks my heart that Jackson refuses to let my mom give him a hug or even talk to her on the phone. Good luck with her, I feel for you.
Oh she is so darn cute! She is probably just missing me I'm sure. There, there Emers! :)
Well, we can all vouch for how happy and social she is! It's probably a lot to deal with...so many new faces all at the same time. It must be hard having so many people want to love on her!! She's a cutie and we sure miss her...and you!
I'm sure its just a phase. A lot of what she knows as normal has change the last little bit, once you get her settled and baack in her routine I bet she will let up. My boys go through phases like that even with the family they see all the time! She is soooo cute ps...
Emery is doing the same thing Holland would do. She would NEVER let anyone hold her when she was younger. She was such a stinker. I think kids eventually grow out of it, but then there are phases where they want just mom or dad.
to make things more frustrating, Holland used to cry only when my mom would hold her. It made me so sad. We used to call her the "scary grandma"...but not anymore.
That is hilarious and so Jake. I feel your pain. We even live by family and see them often enough. He likes my Mom, Dad and Jareds Mom. That is about it. He is obsessed with me and I kind of like it, unless I try leaving him with a babysitter. Good luck!
Don't feel too bad, Austin won't even go to Marcus sometimes. It makes Marcus feel like crap, but deep down it makes me feel really good...after I pry him off my leg that is. I agree with Ilene, she'll warm up right before you have to leave, then you'll do it all over again the next time you visit...ah, kids.
I'm sorry-that is hard. My little niece is like that. We always try to give her hugs, talk to her, ect. and she just ignores us. I know that she will grow out of that stage someday and I will be her favorite aunt.
I am sorry, I am sure Emery will recover from this stage or whatever it is... But, it can be tiring to not get any relief from her while you are on vacation. So I say it just isn't fair for you. Make her pay for it later in life, maybe a completely unjustified grounding or something. I think Lake has about 8 of those coming so far.
LIAR!!! just kidding. she'll get over it sooner or later. i think it's more sad because the rest of us are afraid to interact with her for fear she'll cry! so she gets ignored. i'm guilty of it-i'm not used to crying babies and it sort of scares me when she cries! i'll be better.....but we love little em. (did you notice i came straight home to blog?! ha)
I know the feeling. Reagan is the same way, if I leave the room she goes crazy! We will have to break them of it when you get back!
I can't stand it when my children are clingy! I mean they are 6 and 4! They should be WAY past that stage! At least Emery is only one and that is understandable. Good luck! Can't wait to hang out when you come back!
I have been gone too and missed blogging way to much! I am glad you made the trio and that you are excited about your new home! Have fun in Utah, I actually kind of miss it there in a really weird way. My kids go through that "only Mom" thing too. Just eat it all up because it does not last forever:(
Maybe she's just waiting for everyone to buy her love with milkshakes. She sounds like a genius to me.
I saw your mom the other day- she looks so good and I am so happy for her!
We need to get together sometime. I told both Amy and Kristin to call and let me know the next time you guys are hanging out! I want to see you while you're in town!
Brock is the EXACT same way! He shoves his face in my shoulder when the lady at the Fry's register tries to talk to him. With him it just takes a few time to register that someone else is holding him, but that I WILL be coming back! It's a total stage of baby develoment, so don't let it bother you. She'll soon get over it!
Ali so sorry about Emery. We all want to get together with our family and have them say "wow your kids are so obedient, and so thoughtful, and so sweet" (hence you are a wonderful mom). Right after that thought occurs is usually when one of my kids (at grandma's house) says out loud "I don't want to eat that for dinner it is gross". It is part of life. Darn it!
You have to remember there are a lot of changes for her right now. She is no longer at home with her toys, her favorite snacks, and routine. She has been in "strange" places in Vegas (even though it is your new home) it is all new. There are new people now at grandmas and cousin's houses with new faces that might seem unfamiliarly scary. I always try to let my mom, aunts, uncles, cousins know not to be offended because little kids don't know they should love you because they are suppose to they have to warm up and feel comfortable and safe. Giver her a little time :)
Something that helps with older kids (because just face it Emery is too young to remember seeing cousins and grandmas before) we go through slide shows and scrapbooks of pictures with my kids and their cousins before we leave on trips. Out of their pictures I have made magnets with pictures of cousins they can play with so they feel familiar and remember names. I know this may sound retarded but it really has worked :)
well I don't have kids or enough experience to also so this is just a stage she has to get through. But, I do think that moving to a new place and being around new people is probably a lot to deal with for a little kid. She'll come around...probably right before you leave like the others said.
love to get my fingers in the blonde girlspussy and lick it for her too
Post a Comment