Finally I have reached a computer with internet access (my in-laws in Orem, UT). I have missed the blogging world way too much (embarrassingly too much) and hope to be back in the swing of things shortly. I have lots too say and none of it is all that interesting. So here is a little update.
1. Driving for 2 days straight with a sick baby and along with a very slow Penske is just as bad as I thought it would be. Without my hero Josh (BA's bro), Portable DVD player, Baby Einstein, and paci's I know I would NOT have survived.
2. Beatty, NV is Hell on Earth. 2 Hours shy of Las Vegas, this was the place where we all shut down. I am talking diarrhea everywhere, 115 degrees, Hungry grumpy people and not one place to eat. Not even a McD's.
3. Arrived to the new place on Sat evening. Many pleasant surprises (Big walk-in closet and pantry, super nice house and love the pool) and very unpleasant surprises (no gas or water until Monday). At least we had electricity which meant we had AC. Phew.
4. My dad and step-mom met us there and were a huge help.
5. Got back in the car today to head up to Utah for the rest of July (Sorry Emily, I won't be in LV when you will be. Shoot, we will have to do lunch another time...)
6. Saw my mom today. She is having surgery on Monday here in UT, then will be starting chemo when she gets back to AZ at beginning of August. She is strong and optimistic despite the oncologist scaring her senseless on Friday (I should clarify, not that he had horrible news for her, just that in describing all that cancer is was scary). She now feels better informed and hopeful. Actually she didn't say hopeful - I did.
So, there is a little taste of some of what is going on with me. I can't wait to catch up with all of you.
Happy 4th of July!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Hey Alison! Glad you made it...although the drive didn't sound that fun! Your poor mom...she is so brave. I can't imagine how scary that would be. Welcome back...our blogs have missed you!
Hi Ali! We miss you around here already! I'm glad you made it to LV. and I am glad your new casa is just as cute as you had hoped! good times.
Ali, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. It sounds like the Dr.'s are working hard and getting her taken care of. And I'm happy that you get to spend time with her in UT! Hope you guys have a great 4th and a relaxing vacation.
You guys have a pool? And a walk in pantry? Gilmore Girls nights just moved to your house. Wait...
I'm excited you're in Salt Lake. Let's get together, yay, yay, yay! And I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I read that and was so surprised. That is awful news. But if she's anything like you, she's strong. She'll make it through!
Wow. That sounds like quite the adventure! I am glad you are alive despite all the stress and travel. I am waiting for internet too and it is driving me crazy. I am using my husband's work computer really quickly for checking up on my pals (a no-no). Hooray for your house! I about cried when I tried to figure out how to deal with a much smaller kitchen. Enjoy it! I'm glad you can be with your mom right now. I hope you have a happy 4th too!!
Hi Alison, I am so sorry about your mom. I love her like family. I will definitely be praying for her and your family. I hope the surgery goes well in Utah. It's great that she has so much support to get through this. Your family is so awesome. Hang in there, you guys will get through this. Love ya Alison!
Yeah! I'm so glad you are back to blogging, we missed ya. What a terrible trip, I'm sorry it didn't go better for you. I hope things go well with your mom's surgery and chemo. It's a tough road but worth it if it does it's job. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
yeah, we missed hearing from you! How long are you in SLC? We are coming up this Sat for a week. Let me know if I can do anything!
Ali so sorry your trip was so poopie. It is so funny you talked about Beatty, NV that is where my parents served their last mission. We visited them there, so true there is nothing to do. But there are some good members :)So sorry...anyway I am glad your mother is getting treatment and we wish her the best. She will be in our prayers. Glad you made it safely to your knew home town...I hope you get settled quick.
I felt your pain on update #2- I don't know what's worse- the runs or no place to eat. Good to have you back. Can't wait to see pictures of the new place.
Welcome back. Enjoy living in hell's inferno.
Traveling with a toddler is never a piece of cake. I just can't believe you got to Vegas and then got on the road again to UT! Brave! I was sorry to read about your mom! Hope all goes well. Have fun in UT.
Alison! I want to see you and Emery while you're here! Let's have lunch!
I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My aunt is a survivor. Good luck with the new place, job, and everything. It will be fun.
I just have to tell you how many random connections I have found with you through blogging. Your friend, Brooke Eagleston's brother-in-law is one of my best friends from college; I was just looking on a friend from high school's blog (we just had our 10 year reunion) and his brother I guess is married to your friend, Amy (I noticed your name on their blogroll); and the last is way more random, but "bryce and brenley" are friends with our friends, the Pratt's who are originally from Oregon, but are in NH for law school. Phew! Crazy.
Alison, I just read the post about your mom. Please, please let me know if you ever need anything. My aunt had breast cancer, and while she wasn't my mother, I loved her like a mother, so I can relate a little bit. I will keep both your mom and you in my prayers.
Buddens... What about your brother-in-law who's best friends with Alifinale's husband?
Post a Comment