Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pay It Forward


I never win anything, so you can imagine my extreme joy when I was the lucky winner of my good friend Mandee's Pay It Forward that she offered on her blog. What is this Pay It Forward? Well, it is something some brilliant person started on their blog as a way to give something nice to 3 random people. I think the original idea was that the gift should be something homemade and special to you. Well, Mandee bent the rules and sent a lovely package of her favorite things.

Well, ever since I won I have been racking my brain as to what I could give as my PIF. See, I really am not that crafty. I can kind of sew - but not really. I have tried teaching myself to crochet, but haven't made anything spectacular. I have made some jewelry but nothing that special (plus I only make it when with my sisters who have all the supplies). I like to dabble with digital scrapbooking but know a million people who do it way better. I really admire people with the talent to create things to sell or give away.

So, I thought about what I like and could do. I love to bake and could send some delicious baked goods and maybe some favorite recipes (again, I don't claim to be the best, but I do aspire to be a good baker). Or I always love to go have a girl (since no boys read my blog) date and could take a winner to lunch (I do visit other cities occasionally so if you don't live in my hometown...we could figure it out). But I also thought that when people do something nice for you, but it isn't something that you like or enjoy it is kind of a waste of something nice. For example, what if I made something really yummy and chocolaty and you hate chocolate (there are people out there that hate chocolate, I know it should be illegal). You'd say "thanks" and throw it in the garbage. What a waste. So, maybe the winners could help pick the prize.

Anyway, here are the rules.

1. To enter leave a comment on my blog. And I won't count any "this is my comment" crap. As Mandee said, Make it good. Maybe tell me what you want or why you should win.
2. I will draw 3 winners next Wed night (10/17).
3. If you are chosen you have to Pay It Forward yourself via your blog.

I think that is it. Good luck!

17 comments:

Rachie said...

I think we all agree that a little "something, something" in the mail can make your day.

I hope you pick me!!!

Becky said...

Very cool! What a fun idea... It was so good to see you in AZ! Sorry I didn't get to say bye, my friend had to go to pick up her little one from school. Hope your trip was fun!

Laurel said...

So lately I've been thinking I am in a personal rut, and maybe I need to do something like this to get myself out of it! Such a great idea!

Christi said...

What a cute idea! I think whatever you decide you should add some of the pictures of Emery :)

Emily said...

Oooohh I just love this idea! I thought it was so cool when you told me about it.

If I happen to be the winner, I want the triple chocolate fudge brownie yumminess! Okay, not really. But, I am a huge fan of your baking!

Jami Baker said...

Hi Alison. How the heck are you???? I heard you were in AZ after you left. What's up with that? Next time let me know so I can tag along with you guys! You have such a cute family and I love reading your blog!! I sure miss all the girls from Mtn View, Can't wait for the reunion!!

See ya!!

Marc said...

What is this Pay It Forward? A super crappy Kevin Spacey movie?

The Farnsworth Family said...

Ali we are in Vegas until Monday... call me if you can get together!
Love ya
Steph

Alicia said...

Hey Al-- anything from you would be fantastic. I love your gutys!

Emily S. said...

um. count me in, as long as it DOES involve chocolate. Or recipes. Or even some wobbly, half-knotted crocheted treasure. :)

I just like bein' a part of your blog world.

em

Jen Lee said...

Ooh, fun! I wasn't wild about the movie, but I like the idea. Pick me, pick me!

Tara said...

Pick me! Because you missed the birth of my child, and well I just still haven't gotten over it.

I guess you did make me a hooter hider though - which I love!!

Either way can I get the recipe to your yummy rolls??

Ilene said...

Oh, I like Tara's comment. How can I top that reason to pick her?

Let's see. . . I live in a house full of boys without any Bunko or Girls Night escapes, P&P discussions, and have yet to meet a fellow GG fan!

How is that for getting a pity prize?

The Farnsworth Family said...

Ali
I was SO sad we didn't catch up this week end. I didn't bring my charger so I had a phone until Friday night and a tiny bit on Saturday. I just figured you were busy cause I hadn't heard from you and then of course you call on Sunday (?). I would have LOVED to see you too. Seriously next time I will take your address and just show up with some dress up so we can have a slumber party. :) Jk love ya lots and hope to see you soon!

Kendee said...

Pick me, pick me... oooh, oooh, pick me. I love everything you like. We are perfect together. I think I would choose for you to make me cookies after we go out to a yummy dinner. We both love eating out. I can also talk on a couch to someone for hours and hours or watch 6 hours of P&P. We can talk about the old days... I would do anything you want for the PIF and you know I am good for doing it too. So, I love you and I know you won't cheat on my behalf, but... pick me, pick me... oooh, oooh, pick me.

King Family said...

So I am pretty sure the that you have already drawn the winners and its okay that I'm not included it would be kind of a pain, you would need my address, ect...but I wanted to comment on how much I like your blog. I don't think we have ever met (maybe at Sean Rainer's wedding?) but I think you are hilarious and fun, so thanks. :)

Deanne said...

Hi Alison it's Dee got in your blog through Beth's. It was fun to see you in AZ. Gosh it had be so long. I love the pics of your little girl and that bee costume is TOO CUTE. Hope to run into you again before another 8 or so years!!