Monday, October 01, 2007

Premier Week

Ok, I am mostly caught up on Fall TV Premiers. I don't know if it is from system overload or what but overall I wasn't all that impressed. I know that premiers are usually used for catch up or setting up the show for the rest of the season so I am not too disappointed but I guess it is like Christmas - something you look forward to for weeks then when it is over you are somewhat sad. The good thing is this isn't over and we have lots more brand new episodes to come (plus we still have Christmas to look forward to - and LOST). Don't get me wrong, I loved a lot of what I saw. And this is what I watched...

How I met your mother - I like this show despite stupid Barney (although for some reason even Barney is growing on me). Enrique was a nice treat. Mandy Moore being hard core was just stupid. Lily's hair looked really bad to me. I love that Ted got a Ho Stamp.

Heroes
- A little weird with a lot of set up for future episodes. I loved the end though with Peter. Not sure how I feel about Claire and the stalker boy. Is he cute? I can't tell. And what is the deal with Nathan Petrelli? From successful politician to bum? And what about the Spanish girl, what is her scary power? I want to know who the hoodie guy was that killed Hiro's dad. Oh and I am excited for Hiro's storyline because Kensai is cute.

Gossip Girl - my new guilty pleasure. I know that this show is total trash but I love it. Trash, not because of terrible acting or bad characters, but trash because seriously look at the title - I shouldn't love such evil drama. But, it is entertaining and Satan wins this round. If you haven't watched it yet you should so I can talk with you about Serena and cute boy Dan, psycho ex-bff Blaire and hot off-limits Nate, evil-like-the-fruits-of-the-devil Chuck, and cute-but-naive Jenny. And who the heck is Gossip Girl?

Grey's Anatomy - I don't know about this people. I was just so bugged with the way the show was headed and ended last season that I am not sure if I can get into this show again (who am I kidding, I will continue to watch it just like I continue to watch Desperate Housewives). It am kind of excited to get to know some new characters but I am sad about what has happened to my old favorites. I still love Christina, but I kind of hate that Burke is gone (I mean they sure made it easier because they made Christina and Burke so stupid for several episodes before kicking him off, but they used to be my favorite so I am sad they ruined them). I am also sad about my other favorites, George and Izzy. Why do they have to make them adulterers? Evil writers. But I like new Lexi way more than stupid Merideth. But like my pal, Mandee said - what is the deal with the writers making everyone sound the exact same with the same stupid speeches? And seriously, Merideth I am sick of your stupid issues and breaking up with McDreamy. Hey, I understand people have problems from a messed up childhood, but suck it up whiner and deal with life. Ok, enough about that. Lets see what happens this week.

My Name is Earl - Funny, but an hour is too long. And Earl needs to get out of prison. Joy is still my favorite. Good times.

The Office - much anticipated premier. However, I also think an hour is too long for this show. I just think it stretches them too thin. The second half was way better than the first half - although I don't think I have ever laughed harder than the moment Michael hit Merideth. I love love loved the part with Jim getting in Pam's car. FINALLY! I just love them! And I love that Dwight killed Angela's cat. Maybe I am not as much of an Office purest as some of you, but episodes that are mostly about Michael are my least favorite because Michael drives me crazy. So, I look forward to this week and hope it has more Pam and Jim and more Dwight.

Las Vegas - Hey, it's my hometown, of course I have to watch it (plus my boyfriend Josh is on it). Seriously, this show just gets more and more ridiculous, especially when you hear Sam spell it out like she did in the beginning, but I love it! Of all the characters to be gone I am glad it is Mary (her freaky lips and boobs were just too much) and Ed. While I love Ed, he is a pretty terrible actor so...whatever. Not sure how I feel about Tom Selleck now being on it, but we'll see.

Desparate Housewives
- Don't know why I keep watching this show, but I do and the premier wasn't all that bad. Edie is psycho, Gabrielle can't not cheat on a husband, Susan is pregnant?, Bree should buy a better fake belly if she wants to pull off being pregnant, Lynette (my favorite) functions way too well to be in the middle of chemo, and what is the story with new neighbor Katherine?

Well, there you have it. Way more info than you ever wanted about TV, but I can't help myself. I missed Private Practice, but I am not too sad about it. Brian stopped the recording of Journeyman because he thought it looked too stupid. I watched part of Big Shots and Dirty Sexy Money and wasn't very impressed. I can't wait for 30 Rock and Scrubs this week. So, what did you think about the Fall premiers?

22 comments:

aryn said...

That's some serious T.V. watching- although I've been sick latley and I've gotten my fair share of television.
We're watching the first season of Heros and I can't decide if it's too dark for me or not. The Office- was a little boring but I love that Pam & Jim are together. Greys- hear hear- but I think I hate Christina more then Meredith- well maybe just the same.
Anyway loved your recent posts- I totally remember your Mom's antique (sp?) nicknacks everywhere and she looks beautiful! Way to fight cancer with a smile on.

King Family said...

I'm with you on The Office. I hope it gets better and feels funnier as the season goes on. We started watching Heros last year and thought it was too slow, has it picked up at all?

Sammy Pow said...

Who the hell did I marry?

Ami Bethea said...

LOL your husband is funny. I love that you are so passionate about Tv!

I liked Greys actually. I thought it was better than how it ended last season although I agree on all of your counts, especially about George and Izzy. Heroes was weird, but I'm excited to see where it goes. The guy stalking Claire IS weird, and can fly?? The whole Nathan thing was a stretch but I can't wait to see how Peter gets back. I love him! I'll have to check out Gossip Girl. Great recaps Ali!

P.S. Have you heard of Pushing Daisies? It starts on Wednesday and I heard it is super good.

Tara said...

That is some serious TV watching! Ok I will comment on the ones I saw:

Grey's: Not sure about this one either. I'm totally sick of Meredith and her issues too. LAME!! I love how Christina treats her interns. That was good times. I'm sad that Burke is gone too. And I hate Izzy & George. So I totally agree with you on that one.

I kind of thought The Office was a little disappointing. you are right about an hour being too long. I thought Earl was pretty entertaining though.

YAY for TV!

Emily said...

I always get so excited about premiere week too, but it seems like I have hardly any shows that I watch anymore. The Office, Earl...and okay fine, Gossip Girl. I'm way too excited for Lost and 24. Maybe I would be more into it if we had DVR...I'm so excited for that day to come.

Okay, so I agree about Michael, he drives me crazy...although I thought it was funny how he's not "superstitious...just a little stitious."I love Dwight! And Jim and Pam, I hope there's more of that next week!

And yea...who the heck is gossip girl? Guess we'll have to keep watching to find out. You're making me evil!

Christi said...

So I love the recaps. I had to work on some of the nights, and since we don't have DVR, you are it! I agree with everything you said. I love Gossip Girl,and I can't wait for 24 to start!!!! And of course Christmas!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

hells bells. and i thought I watched a lot of TV! i actually loved gray's anatomy until the last few minutes when everyone decided to give it up. what the heck? seriously, made me sooo mad. and give me a break-like izzy and george go together? (throw up in my mouth)

Laurel said...

Yeeeah, the only one of those I watched was The Office. I want to watch Gossip Girl and Las Vegas, but don't even know when they're on... (I totally watch LV every morning on TNT and need to catch up though) This past week I was catching up on CSI, The Office, Smallville, and Prison Break. It's totally lame so far, but we all know I'll still watch it.

Alifinale said...

Look people, I thought I made it very clear not to mock my TV addiction? Who am I kidding I am pathetic. But glad to see I am in good company.

BA, you knew what I was when you picked me up.

Oh, and I kind of do want to watch the show Pushing Daisies. Do I dare add another show to my neverending list?

destiny said...

Ok so here's my 2 cents:

Heroes: I was REALLY bummed with the premiere. I wanted more resolution from last season, not a bunch of all new questions! And I was really mad that (my boyfriend) Peter wasn't on til the very last minute! Oh and I LOVE that Sark, David Anders, is in it!

Grey's: It was ok, better than Heroes. I like Lexie, maybe they will kill off Meridith for REAL this season and have Lexie be the main one instead?

Oh and I haven't had a chance to catch Gossip Girl, but I DO know that Kirsten Bell (Veronica Mars) is the narrator and supposed "gossip girl". I don't think that she will ever physically be on the show. She will be on Heroes in a couple weeks.

Ok that was more than 2 cents. Sorry!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Loved the office...but I am with you, 1 hour is too long to keep us all rolling.
Hero's was great and I LOVE where it is headed.
I have abondoned Grey's & I don't even have any guilt about it.
I too am in LOVE with gossip girl. Total guilty pleasure, but how can you resist? Love the characters and love, love the drama.
DHW was fab. You never know what the next show will bring. I am happy Susan is prego & I shed a little tear when the girls sat in the circle & promised to have no more secrets. They can't kill off Lynette can they?

Jen Lee said...

OK, your blog makes me very jealous and Amish-feeling that we have no TV. We just watched all of season two of the office, and are anxiously awaiting season six of 24 to come out on DVD.

Also, Emry is hilarious in nursery. What a personality! She's so calm most of the time, then suddenly she'll get excited about something and is up jumping around and shrieking like a banshee. It's hilarious.

Ilene said...

I'm with you on the Office synopsis. Too much Michael is well, too much. Can't ever have enough Dwight, Jim and Pam. I love how goofy Pam and Jim were. It made me smile all goofy and revisit those "new relationship" feelings.

I too have begun to watch Gossip Girl. Total trash and I don't know if I will have the patience to wait for Dan and Serena get together. But that Dan guy sure is cute and so I will keep DVRing it and watching it when my husband is far away and can't make fun of me for it!

Did you catch "Reaper?" I'm kind of liking it.

Most of all, I am mourning our GG loss. I am not finding a show to fill that void in my life.

Oh, I have started to watch CW's The Game. Well, I watched the season premiere last night. It is hard to take the twin from "Sister, Sister" seriously, though.

Caryn said...

Amen to all of the above. I love Fall for all the new seasons!

Chappell Family said...

Agree about The Office! Funny, but too long, and I'm a fan!! All the other shows I'll have to trust you on! But once Lost starts up again, I'm there!

Alicia said...

Al-- where have you been all my life? You told me that you were as bad as me, but seriously, I didn't believe you til now. I get SO into these shows, that sometimes Blaine has to calm me down and remind me that it really is just TV.

So, Grey's: I am currently watching season 3. I'm behind. But the season finale for 2 was a killer. Blaine wasn't home. I had to call him (crying) and tell him to come home. Like NOW!) Don't worry, I'll catch up... and get started on Private Practice too.
Heroes: I liked it. The second episode was on Monday, and it was a good follow-up. I have such a crush on Mohinder and Jess- I mean, Peter.
The Office: I really liked it, but it was NOT the best episode ever. But I totally cried when Pam and Jim really were hooked up. LOVE them.
Earl: I love love love Joy. She is by far my favorite on that show. I also really got a kick out of the dude in prison who Earl had to cross off his list. All the ways he was going to kill him just about killed me.
Okay, for shows I need to check out that I haven't mentioned yet...
Gossip Girl
Pushing Daisies
Chuck (I can't decide about this one)

I'm totally excited for 24 and Lost-- but I have to say, Scrubs really pissed me off last season. And I've been a fan since the beginning. Your thoughts?

Alifinale said...

Alicia, I knew we were kindred spirits... I love Scrubs but I was mad about the season finale. I am interested to see what happens. I am sorry to say though, I have been watching so many Scrubs reruns that I can't really distinguish between last season and all the rest right now (well, obviously I sort of know time frames because of Elliots hair) but I can't remember what exactly about last season. I just was mad that Elliot and JD were going to mess up their good relationships.

R Family said...

Allison you are too funny. I also cannot stop laughing when I picture Michael hitting Meredith with his car on the Office. Did you see Bionic Woman or Life? Brad and I really liked Life, we'll see if it stays interesting.

Summertime Designs said...

Okay ANH - I too am looking forward to LOST (it's only my favorite show!!!) But, you have to watch Chuck. It was surprisingly good and Cory and I are hooked with that one!

The Scotts said...

I love your TV reviews! Sorry I never called when you were down last. I have had a million things going on and have had things all day everyday! I was sad you said you were coming to Queen Creek Fri or Sat because both days I was in town on errands unitl late. Sorry ANH! I for sure want to call you once things settle down to see how you and your Mom are. I hope it is going well. I am getting induced Saturday so give me a few weeks before I call. I love your hair, hope you win!

C Crane said...

Are bloggs really the best place for marital disputes? discuss.
N Crane