Friday, October 05, 2007

Some quick TV thoughts

....because you know I need a venue to unload all my thoughts on the many shows that I watch. And I know you love it.

1. Did Peter Petrelli just get a lot hotter over the summer? I mean I already liked him because he was Jess from my beloved GG, but seriously...he wasn't like that last year.
2. I hate Blaire so much. But just when I thought she has no redeeming qualities, she calls a truce with Serena. I like happy-ish ends to shows.
3. I bawled watching Private Practice when the moms had to switch the babies. Other than that, I don't know if I missed a lot in the season premier but I don't really feel much of a connection with all the characters. Addison and new sexual tension guy aren't selling me that they should be together.
3. Ryan looks gross with a beard. Kelly is crazy and I love to hate her. Creed is oh so creepy. Jim & Pam couldn't be cuter. Toby sucks, and I love it. Michael slowly driving into a lake was too much. But Dwight rubbing muddy shoes and wet clothes on the leather couch was great.
4. 30 Rock was awesome. Kenneth going gaw-gaw over Seinfeld was beautiful. I just think this show is hilarious.
5. Grey's was too depressing. Seriously, not one happy thing happened that whole show and I can't handle that. I was so sad about the 18 month old kid. I hate Merideth.
6. Big Shots could not be a lamer show. I recorded it so I could get the end of Grey's. Seriously, what men sit around and talk like that. None. Delete.

Well, that is all for now. Your thoughts?

10 comments:

King Family said...

I love your recaps. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE The Office, but I laugh more at 30 Rock. You said it before, (I think), an hour is just too long. I love Tracy Jordan and his new wife (Kenneth). "I know you're jealous of what we have, but its hard work". I am nervous that Jim/Pam is going to have some crazy twist to tear them apart and we will be waiting again, but it is great for now.

Caryn said...

I cried like a baby at Private Practice, it was so good! And yes our beloved Jess has gotten immensley hotter!

Ilene said...

Did you see Pushing Daisies? I really liked it. The two main characters are awesome.

With you on your Gossip Girl (dare I term it "GG") synopsis. I really like the Dan guy (Dan is his name, right?)

Kelly makes me laugh on Office. I liked how Phyllis had her talk with Pam and Jim. I can SO see that happening in an office.

I didn't catch much of Private Practice but I saw the baby part and started tearing up. Put a baby tragedy in a show and I just become a mess.

Laurel said...

You crack me up. That's all there is to it. Alicia and I were JUST talking about how hilarious your numerous, never-ceasing posts about TV are (and genius, I might add). So the only show I watched on your "recap" was The Office, but loved it! I still am wanting to watch Gossip Girl and will probably start that up next week. Do I need a life beyond television?

Brianne said...

The only one I'm with you on is Heroes and YES, Peter did get WAY hot over the summer! I think he hit the weights and cutting his hair really did a lot for him.

Thank you for all your updates though. Since I don't watch all of them, I just read your blog and I feel so connected and in tune with them all.

Christi said...

I agree with just about everything you said. I watched the encore of Private Practice last night, because we live in the stone age without Tivo, and I too bawled! It was so sad!

Rachie said...

I am loving Gossip Girl - Such a guilty pleasure!

Big Shots is lame...I am with you on that one.

I watched Pushing Daisies and I really liked it.

Office is so great now that it is an hour long (sigh).

Ami Bethea said...

I also cried with Private Practice, I can't image being in that situation as a mother. That makes me 2/2 episodes crying with Private Practice but not for the main characters, for the story lines besides them. And YES Peter Petrelli is so dang hot, I just love him. There is something hot too about how naively innocent he is about his powers since he forgot that he has them. Even if the whole show sucked I would watch it to see him! Anyways.....good recap as always Ali!

Alicia said...

Peter Petrelli is totally hotter. Seriously.
I hate Ryan. I love Pam and Jim.
I LOVED 30 Rock, and we are now downloading that one too. Since I'm pissed at Scrubs I figure I can addit to the Thursday night line-up.
I'm thinking of also adding Pushing Daiseys too.

Kendee said...

Out of your list, I only watch The Office. I think Ryan has gotten much funnier, especially with his beard and I agree with all of your other opinions. Love ya, I can't wait to talk TV with you in town.