So, we have been trying to decide for a long time now what to do about our car situation. Remember way back when I got a ticket for driving with expired registration on our car? Yeah, we still haven't registered the thing because we have been debating about what we should do. The car needs some repairs before we can get it registered. We had planned on maybe getting a new car - but not until sometime next summer. So, now we were trying to decide is it worth putting the money in to fix the car and register it - or should we just get a new car? The trouble is...it is hard to think about having a car payment again after not having one for so long. I hate putting money into something that depreciates so fast.I left the big decision making up to my hubbie because I really didn't care. I just wanted it to be figured out so I don't have to look out my rear view mirror for a cop to pull me over again. He said he was on it - and I believe that he was, but he also went back and forth on what we should do and what kind of car to get, yada yada yada. Plus, he works all day so there is only so much he can do - and let me tell you, I am no help whatsoever. This is one of those things where I just want him to show up with the new car and I don't have to do anything (hey, I let him buy a yellow car, could he do any worse?) Finally...he said put the car on Craigslist. We will sell it and I will find a new car for us. We are leaning toward the new Honda CRV, but we shall see.
We will be selling our first car we bought together as a married couple. Sad days. We have taken many a road trips in the 626, had many a slobbered windows from good ol' Rusty, many a cheerios tossed and many a diet sodas sitting in the cup holders. It has been a great car for us and great memories created in that car. I just hope someone will hurry and buy it so it won't have to be a long drawn out goodbye. So, do you want to buy my car?
10 comments:
Well I do want to buy it but only if I can have tonight for 1/2 price because I am paying cash :) I love the CRV I think you guys should get it!
"Great memories created in the car", huh? Frisky. :) I have also heard good things about the CRV, so it's a pretty good choice there. Totally understand the sadness of getting rid of your first "married" car. Even when I dumped the ole' '91 Chevy Cavalier I felt like I was hurting its feelings... Have fun looking!
We are big fans of the CRV's too! My husband is the biggest researcher of everything when it comes to picking cars, so if he says it's a good one, I believe him. Plus I think they're super cute! Good luck!
The 626 was our first car! The memories. We hated it so bad but when we traded it in we were both sad. Have fun looking for a new car. We are looking to sell/buy as well. Good luck.
Ah, we sold "our" car last spring to make way for the Suburban. Ah, the Suburban. I am beginning to get used to the dang monster but how I miss my Accord!
A CRV is a good middle ground. A little sedan to the giant beast I now drive was a bit traumatic.
Good luck selling it! I hope it goes to a nice home.
I like the new CRV. That looks like a sweet car! Maybe Emily will buy your car seeing as how hers just got taken away.
Maybe don't tell whoever buys it about the cheerios and slobber...just a thought.
Chelsea cracks me up!
I guess it's just that time; for all of us to get rid of our first car. You are doing it in a slightly more sophisticated way...I'm jealous.
The CRV is sweet, I hope it works out!
I hate car stuff. I especially hate the buying part. It's always such a run around. But the new car smell is the best! Good luck with all of it!
Nope. We're still a one-car family rolling in my 167,000 1999 Mazda Protege.
The Honda CRV's are way cute! Not too big so you don't feel like your in a suburban!
Post a Comment