Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving in AZ

We went down to AZ for Thanksgiving to spend with my family this year. I know for some the thought of having Thanksgiving dinner outside on the patio in 75 degree weather just doesn't seem right - but it says home to me. True to form we had way too much food (my sister peeled and mashed 40 lbs. of potatoes, we probably ate 15 lbs.) and lots of hangin' out time.


We scoured the paper for our Black Friday battle plan. The planning paid off and all the sisters (minus Amy and Kristin, we missed you guys) and mom were off and shopping by 3:45am.


Emery had so much fun with all her cousins but most of all found out that she LoOoves the trampoline.
Then on Saturday I got to meet up with some good friends from the glory days (high school). While blogging has helped me feel like I know a little of what is going on in their lives - it just isn't the same as seeing these friends in person (some friends I realized I hadn't seen in over 6 years!). It was so good to chat and play with my friends. Lets not wait another 6 years to get together! And I really would have liked to see so many other friends but missed the party!All in all it was a wonderful trip (at least for me, BA spent a little more time sitting and watching Emery than he would have liked - thanks babe!). Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving. Now I am busy getting ready for CHRISTMAS!! We've got That Holiday Feeling at our house!

12 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks like a great thanksgiving with lots of good food and family. It is always fun to catch up with old friends too. I can't believe you got up at 3:45 for Black Friday-you must be a die hard shopper! Looks like a lot of fun.

Alicia said...

Al-- how fun! I can't even remember the last time I was in AZ. I'd better get down there while the weather is bearable.

The Scotts said...

Fun times!!! It was so much fun seeing you ANH! I can't beleive you guys got up so early. What good deals did you get? I am looking forward to Vegas baby!

Christi said...

Looks like you guys had a good time. 3:45!!!! That is crazy. I can't wait to hear what great deals you found.

Ilene said...

75 degrees... oh, I am so jealous. Growing up in SoCal, Christmas isn't Christmas if it isn't in the 70s. So this Christmas I will probably be the only one not happy about having a white Christmas. At least a white Christmas is better than a dreary, rainy, Eugene Christmas. I hope, anyway.

Emily said...

Super fun times! Wow...it was warm there! Holy crap 3:45 is way too early. I hope you got a free tv or something.

Glad you're back...AGAIN! Quit leaving!

McCall said...

hey, i think lisa brought some of the pies you made to a party we had on the randall side. delicous!
i am sending out christmas cards, if you want one - email me your address.
mccallrandall@gmail.com

The Farnsworth Family said...

I am so glad you had a great trip to AZ. I LOVED seeing you btw. Honestly I am so glad we got some QT in the car. You are so darling Ali and haven't changed one bit! Hope you made the movie ;) Love ya!

bulkleybunch said...

well, you may have had fun, but we missed you tons! =} love you and am jealous of your beautiful blog!! can't wait to see you. wahoo!

Jen Lee said...

I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go Black Friday shopping! Sounds like a great Thanksgiving. Glad you're back!

Laurel said...

I swear I never get to see half of the people I wish I had time for when I visit "home." I'm glad you got to spend time with so many friends and family and had a great Thanksgiving! As always, your daughter is adorable!

Brooke Hunt (aka Mr. Burns) said...

Al- I love you and your blog is thorough and awesome and I feel close to you because of it- but don't think you're not close to me because of a lack of mine- does that make sense! Basically thanks for all you do- keep up the good work! are you coming home for christmas? I am loving that you live so close now!