
The judge made Roast Duck and Prime Rib and chocolate soufflés so even if I did have to spend the night with a bunch of people I don't know instead of at this happening party - it was worth if for the soufflé. And Brian scored with some gift cards which he made sure we spent the next day on new stuff for his Christmas Wii (which he decided he waited long enough and opened on Sat.)
Then we had another Christmas party to attend on Sat night (HUGE Thanks to Christi for watching Emers since we didn't want to pay the 11 year old again). This one had a white elephant exchange. True to the the rules we were all told not to go out and buy something but just get whatever junk we had at the house. So, an old mission suit was given and a stack of sweet tapes including Alphaville and REM were given.
We scored the Polar Express although Brian really wanted the 2 boxes of Trojans. My question now is...if I were to buy a White Elephant gift...where do you even go to get the bizarre things that people sometimes bring to these things? Instead we just brought some ugly Christmas Towels and a sweet dollar store DVD (sorry Tara and Chelsea, it was the cool one you gave us for graduation).Anyway, as much as I love my kid...it was nice to have a couple of nights with adults. Maybe I can talk my husband into hiring a babysitter again in the next 2 years.
10 comments:
Not sure if all the laws are the same, but 11 isn't legal to watch anyone other than a sibling here in Oregon. I started out at 11 though (I babysat Julie). Anna turns 11 in July--WOOHOO!!!
Sounds like a fun weekend. Kevin had his work party at a Go-Kart place and then they did dinner. No gift cards doled out though.
Glad you had fun!!!
We did miss you at our party, but I am glad the souffle was good! I can't believe that you parted with such an amazing DVD though :)
I love having a babysitter! There is nothing like being able to be with your husband on a date with no interuptions!! I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas! When are you coming back to mesa? It would be so fun to see you and your cute little Emery.
Merry Christmas!!
ok that anonymous was me, oops! I don't know what I clicked!
haha!!!
Rach
I'm totally offended. We put some long thought into those videos. Just kidding...glad you could pass on the nutsness.
I love work Christmas parties because they usually have the yummiest food! You are way ahead of us getting a babysitter and we have a 3 year old. We are definitely pathetic. I need to go on dates and miss it! Soon, I will find a set babysitter to come every week for our date night! (That's my goal for this next year)
I am pretty sure 11 is the legal age in Utah, but who knows about Nevada. I think 11 is a perfect age because they are actually excited about babysitting. Date nights are the best. After my husbands work party we went all out and shopped at Walmart. I hate to admit it but is was so much fun to go to a store w/o kiddies.
LOVE babysitters. I'm excited for Christmas break so I can hire one on a weeknight. Oh, the thrill of it all.
I love adult nights out :) real conversation with real adults!! BTW 11 is not illegal... I am glad you had such a great week end. I love White Elephant Gifts. We have had some fab ones over the years. The nasty Christmas towels sound like real winners ;)
I'm totally offended about the DVD. Geez, regifter!! :)
Well I'm glad you guys had a few date nights. I need to do that more often. I'm figuring out that it is so easy to forget about each other once a kid comes into the mix!
P.S. I can't freakin wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment