
Finally, when we were ready to start our little family I was excited because Brian's sister was already pregnant. I was just a couple months behind her and was relieved that my baby would have a cousin to play with. Then my sister got pregnant a month a
fter me (mind you it was her 4th and my 1st). It was so fun to be able to share my pregnancy with my sister and sister-in-law. It is just nice to have someone else to complain with and who doesn't get sick of talking about pregnancy because they are going through it with you.This time around another sister-in-law was already pregnant, so I knew I had her. I didn't really have any hope for anyone on my side of the fam. See one sister had what she thinks will be her last child just last month, and my bro has a little 6 month old so I don't think they will be having another anytime soon.
Then, yesterday, I got some great news...my sister Jo is pregnant. She hasn't quite realized how exciting this is yet (this will be an unexpected 5th child...4 1/2 years after the 4th) but I am so excited! I never thought I would get a chance to be pregnant with her. And I have a special place in my heart for her little family since I got to live with them for 2 summers and take care of her cute girls. I am so excited for my next little one to be cousins with her next little one.
I have also learned to appreciate the different stages that all of my siblings are at. I love that my nieces and nephews that I used to babysit can now babysit my kids. And I realize that they don't have to be 2 months apart to be able to play well with each other (Emery is obsessed with Ava who is 16 months older). I am just so happy that my kids will have cousins to play with afterall - because cousins are such good friends to have.
17 comments:
I want all of your pregnant clothes. Oh wait, that's right. Your pregnant clothes probably wouldnt even fit me when I'm "skinny."
Drat.
Cousins are so much fun- friends for life.
Ali I am so excited for you to have that! I feel the exact same way. On my side of the family I never was pregnant with any of my sisters (who are way older) until my last baby. Sherri and I were finally prego together (although it is her last). It will be so fun to have someone to call and talk about cravings with, sleep problems, aches, etc. How exciting for Joanna too!!
What a cute post. I love seeing pictures of people's families. Cute sisters!
That is such exciting news! It's fun to have cousins the same age. Easton has 2 that I think will be in the same grade he is. It seems like a big difference now, but it won't when they're in school I'm sure.
How fun for you and your older sister. I hope that soon she is excited as you are...it might be hard to get over the initial shock!
I barely know any of my cousins, so I hope that it will be different for my kids.
So fun! Isabel will already be 18 months older by the time her first cousin (on EITHER side, believe it or not) is born, so I'm hoping the next ones will have just oodles and oodles of little buddies. I have 2 best friends with boys about her age, but of course they are across the country.
Boo.
Yet SUPER fun for you!!!
Yay for JoAnna! I was thinking when I saw your pictures from Christmas that her girls are sooooo pretty! And I'm sure this one will be a knockout as well. But... how fun would it be if you both had boys! Tell her I am so happy for her! And so happy for you that you have family to be pregnant with!
I didn't even know you were prego!! Congratulations!! I love having someone to be pregnant with too. It makes it that much more fun. And even though I'm not pregnant now, I still love talking about pregnancy and all that fun stuff. I hope to hear so much from you. Good luck on #2!!
I, for one, enjoy the fact that both you and Jo are wearing shirts that are conducive to pregnancy even though you weren't pregnant at the time the picture was taken. Pregnant shirts are the best!! Keep everyone guessing!
Great thing about being Mormon is that someone is ALWAYS pregnant.
Amen to you and Steph feeling my pain! I was so relieved when my Older sister got prego after me, so at least Berk has someone, but poor Braden, the next cousin to him is 8!
PS I saw your sweet Mom, Steve & Bryant's fam all at Jason's Deli yesterday!
So, I somehow missed the blog announcing that you were pregant. Ummm...is it to late to say CONGRATS! You guys are all havign babies again, and we are missing it. So sad! I guess I should expect an annoucement from Emily next?
That is so fun to be pregnant at the same time as your sister. I have never had the opportunity, but it would be great. So, enjoy it-it probably won't happen again. Your new baby and new little cousin will be such good friends.
How fun! I have loved having a sister or SIL being prego around the same time I am, or like Summer and I with our boys we were due the same day! That was fun.
Your poor sister, I mean congrats! That is our fear that we will have an oops baby. I tell Jared when we know we are done he is going in so we won't oops!
How fun for you and Joanna!!! What a treat. Look at you, you thought you would have no cousins for Emery and look at cha now!!! I am so happy for you.
Well, at least you were pregnant with either one side of the family or the other! I haven't been pregnant with anyone except Amy for her first three months which really doesn't count since you can't complain about the aches and pains when she is only three months along. And all my friends have been having kids the complete opposite time that I have had mine! Oh well, I have gotten over it (I think) and am glad that our kids and other cousins can play well together no matter what age they are. Eventually it won't matter if they are a few years apart. I was so happy and excited when I heard Joanna's news and can't wait to hear when you both find out what you are having!
If you slow down a little I'll have babies at the same time as you! I had that worded a little differently and it sounded kind of creepy (:
So exciting for you! When I just had Ty, I had 3 of my sisters prego at the same time. It makes it so much fun when all the cousins get together. Hey, I think on the toro website I registered two times...so if you are the one in charge, will you make sure I go on there only once. Sorry, I am a little slow at stuff like that!
Post a Comment