
I knew that I was spoiled the first time. Emery hardly ever woke up the first weeks of her life. There were days when the total amount of awake time was maybe 2 hours in a 24 hour period. She slept through the night by 7 weeks. She slept 10 hours a night before she was 3 months. By 6 months she was sleeping 12 hours a night and giving me 2 - 2 hour naps. The child always loved her sleep and was the easiest baby to put to bed. We never had to do the "cry it out" and she has never protested bedtime or naptime. In fact, she has asked to go to bed on more than one occasion. And I am not talking about the boring times at home when we are ignoring her and watching Wheel of Fortune. Just this last trip to Utah when we were playing with family and all the cousins were dancing and playing, Emery grabbed me and said "Go to Bed, Mom."
Unfortunately, the dream is over. Emery has suddenly decided she is done with naps. She goes up in her room and sings and bangs on the wall then comes downstairs (almost everytime in her cowboy boots and this one lucky time she came down without pants) before I send her back up in hopes that she will fall asleep.
On the flip side...Sage is starting to sleep through the night (8-9 hours, WOOHOO!). After telling myself that Emery's sleeping habits was a rarity and that I just got lucky, I couldn't help but sort of expect it of Sage too. She was a little later than Emery and teased me with the 8 hours once - but she must have known that I was about to throw an I-want-my-sleep-back tantrum because the night I told myself I would let her "cry it out" she slept 8 hours.
17 comments:
Don't even get me started about sleep and toddlers!! I have been battling Nathan to take naps for months now, and sometimes it's not even worth it. I hate you for the first two years of her life where she slept like an angel- that's just not fair! I'm sure Sage will be a pro before long, and I would still make Emery have "quiet time" even if she doesn't sleep. Nathan kicks his bed and jumps up and down all the time, but at least I am not dealing with him.
Oh, that little sleeping face is killing me. So sweet!
I don't know all that much about toddlers and napping, but I would still demand down time. At least an hour of her watching a movie on your bed or something. Anything to give ya a break. I'm dreading the no nap days. I'm crossing my fingers he'll nap until the day before preschool starts. It could totally happen...
sage looks like nash and emery smashed together into one person in that top picture. so cute. she's getting so big!
I don't feel sad for you one bit. You have it way easy as far as I'm concerned! 2 good baby sleepers? Not fair.
Love the cowboy boots!
That picture of Emmery in the cowboy boots is awesome! I hope that Sage keeps on sleeping! I am jealous. Good luck with Emmers!
oh baby sage is so precious. i love it! go emmers in the hot boots! love you lots.
Sage is such a little sweetheart and Emery really was the napping/sleeping queen. I'm already praying my kids will be good sleepers cause if they're not we might have a sleeping mama and screaming babies!
LTB- actually the top pic is Emery.
Oh sleep things are my breaking point! Glad the baby is sleeping, and maybe E is just going through a phase. Fingers crossed.
Come play Wii Fit whenever you want!
Sad days about losing Emery's naptime... but that picture of her in her boots is AWESOME! I love it!
Way to coordinate schedules girls!
My greatest fear of having a second is having a mental break down over the sleep deprivation. Hopefully Sage keeps it up!
I feel ya! Just when you think you'll get some sleep or time to yourself, they change it up on ya! Actually, it sounds like you have it pretty good, but don't give up on naps yet! Ava did that for about a week when she was 2, and then suddenly she needed a nap again! Don't let her get away with it:)
I hated when Jake stopped his naps. That is the worst! I know this is bad but put on a movie and she might fall asleep still. Abby does this about twice a week. No dice on Jake but at least 1 does!
I've been blessed as well. Austin has always been a great sleeper, and Cali isn't too bad herself. She's had more issues than he did, but she was barely 6 months old when we moved back to TX and she was having a tough time. She's great now though!!
I'm glad that you're getting your sleep...it is definitely a necessity!!! And btw Sage is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
You visited my blog. (: I feel so special! Your girls are too cute. You're a great photographer too. Definately try the boppy. It's a crack up. I think that if I left Ellie there long enough she would eventually do a full flip!
OK, I think I'll go cry now. At nine months old Gavin was still waking up to nurse every two and a half hours, and it looks like London will be, too. Coke is my best friend. (The drink, not the drug, though I've heard it perks you up, too...)
that is hilarious - emery in her cowboy boots and "pantless" .. ah ha. sleep sleep sleep... it is so hard to function all day long when our sleep is being interupted at night, lovely babies! sage is so cute - i love the last picture of her - she looks so peaceful.
Post a Comment