Monday
Gossip Girl - the season premiere was last night! True this show is
representative of all that is wrong with TV (sex, lies, drugs, extreme wealth, violence) but I am allowed a guilty pleasure, right? Man I love this show even though I like to constantly laugh at how out of control it is.Chuck (9/29) - Didn't get into this show until midway through the season last year, but with the writer strike having slim pickin's I found that I really liked it.
Heroes (10/13) - I am a little worried about all this villain stuff from the commercials, but excited nonetheless.
How I Met Your Mother - This show may fall by the wayside since there is already so much going on Monday nights - but I like to keep it in the running because it is funny.
*NEW* My Own Worst Enemy - Christian Slater is back and on TV? I am not sure about this one but because I loved Bed of Roses I figure I may want to give this a try. Plus it is about a guy with multiple personalities so why not?
Tuesday
Eli Stone (10/14) - If you didn't watch this show last year you missed out on one of my new favs. Seriously, I am excited that this show is coming back.*NEW* 90210 - TONIGHT!!! I am excited to watch this tonight. I don't really have any expectations but I think it will be fun because I loved the original and can't wait to see some of the oldies back on this new one.
Wednesday
Pushing Daisies (10/1) - I love this show. It is just so pretty and unique.

Private Practice (10/1) - I am not sure if I love this show but it is fun to watch. We will see...
Criminal Minds - the Psych major in me finds this show fascinating and a little disturbing.
Thursday
Comedy Night Done Right is coming back on 9/25. Earl, Office and 30 Rock (which is definitely my favorite) will be on with the new show Kath & Kim. I am not sure yet about that one. It looks like it could be super funny with great actors but it also kind of looks like it has used up all the funny parts in the trailer.
Grey's Anatomy (9/25) - I am on the verge of dropping this show (I know I could afford to drop like 10 shows) but can't seem to bring myself to do it. We will see if the premiere pushes me over the edge.
Friday
Crusoe (10/17) - Looks interesting, Could totally suck.
Sunday
Desparate Housewives (9/28) - Another show that I only keep watching because it is the only thing on Sunday nights. Hope this season will get better.
Isn't this time of year exciting? So now you know if you don't see me much in the next few weeks, I will likely be watching too much TV.
21 comments:
Alison you are hilarious and I love that you are addicted to TV! It makes the rest of us not feel so guilty about it. Anyway thanks for alerting me to 90210 tonight. I've got it set on the TIVO now!
I wish I could somehow add the original 90210 theme song to my comment because it is totally in my head now!
I love it!!! I am so glad for your recap. I am excited for Private Practice, Gossip Girl, The Office.
I am with you on 90210, I hope that it is good! Thanks for tivoing GG!!!
oh my gosh. you are as crazy about tv as i am about blogs! but thanks for putting all this info in one place for me. granted, i only genuinely like about two of the shows, but i'll watch them all just because there's nothing else do do when kids sleep and it's freaking cold out. so thanks! oh, and you forgot 'prison break'! started last night. hottie!
oh my gosh... I almost missed 90210- you saved my life! I am going to go tivo it right now!
Excited to watch Kath & Kim- I hope it's funny.
This is hilarious. Alison, you are a human tv guide! I love it. You need to start venturing into cable and let us know your lineup for those shows.
I wish I had tivo again. I know I'm going to be missing so many of these gems. So sad.
i too am a fan of gossip girl- in fact, if i do remember correctly you were the one who got me to watch when we were talking about missing the OC...
you are such a good tv guide!
Yay for Eli! My new favorite. Plus I can't wait for Criminal Minds and the Office. Kath and Kim looks funny, and Steve and I have been getting into How I Met Your Mother re-runs, so I'm excited about that one too.
Thanks for writing it down so nicely for me.
I love Eli Stone and was afraid they were going to drop it! Good to hear it's back. Also, I say go for it on dropping Grey's! You can do it! We dropped Desperate Housewives a while back and I actually enjoy not being into it anymore. I can't say the same for One Tree Hill ... I tried to drop that one, and did so successfully in prime time, but got caught up in watching re-runs in the afternoons of seasons I missed.
i am so happy for you that you have DVR now! gg is definitely a guilty pleasure! i need to stop blogging so i can watch it!
and congrats on your blog award-you deserve it!
I know what you mean! I watch so many shows when the new seasons start! I think my list is longer than yours.
I too, am interested in the NEW 90210. I am tivo'ing it tonight as well.
Mindi Humphrey
How horrible is it that I didn't even try to look up when shows started because I knew you would! thanks for taking all the work out of it for me and letting me do more important things--like watching all those shows!
YEAH FOR FALL!
Aside from the hurt you have instilled in my lack of blog nomination (tear...), I am IN LOVE with this post! I love that you categorized your TV shows by the day of the week they air, and MOSTLY that you love Gossip Girl. I am completely obsessed! Can't wait for showtime for the rest!
You crack me up!! I told Jared lets start Prison Break but then realized it was on Mondays and we already have 3 show that night! We are TV addicts! I can't wait for the Office and Chuck. We LOVE Chuck and Heros!! I need to go watch the new 90210 from last night. Thanks DVR. And ha ha about Gossip Girl. I watched it before the strike but that is another problem, another Monday night and my DVR can only do so much!
love the post, you nightmare!! :)
ok, so I thought I watched a lot of tv! Now I feel way less guilty! We have a lot of the same faves, but you definitely have more time than me!
I can relate to you on so many levels right now.
I was going to do a tv blog, but you beat me to it. Oh well, I think I'll still do one.
i can always count you and your blog to tell me when shows start and what the good ones are. thanks for the info!!!
Did you like 90210? I actually love it! Thanks for the info! My Tivo is set and ready for the fall shows to begin!
Wow, Alison, seems like your gonna be busy in the evenings for now on! I love to tivo my shows and watch them after the kids are all in bed, too. Hey, I don't know if you ever check out my blog but I made it private, so if you'd like an invite, just email at kara.sly@gmail.com. :)
p.s. its your cousin Kara ;-)
Post a Comment