- My family is huge but we are in denial that we are so huge and still like
to get everyone together - so we hang out at the church.
- Emery was so excited to go to AZ to see all her cousins, especially Ava. She equates AZ with Ava and even after we arrived she didn't believe we were in AZ until she saw Ava.
- Meeting my newest niece, Tessa. I never thought I would get to have a baby with Jo, I just love surprises!
- We liked to take pictures of these two. They are going to be such cute little buddies.
- Emery loved to hang out with the big girls too. She wanted to swim everyday - where was this enthusiasm in the summer?
- Thanksgiving dinner - Arizona style. Eating outside, Sage sleeping and Emery hanging out with all the cousins. I just loved having so many helpers that played with my little bug.
- Family pictures. It was no small feat getting all these people together for a picture. Unfortunately, my child was the one who broke down and the majority of the pictures are of her screaming (all over a tricycle).
- Going to Twilight with all my sisters (and even a couple brothers-in-law and a few nieces and nephews). Glad I saw it. Expectations were low and movie definitely had its flaws but overall it was entertaining. And Edward didn't bug as much as I thought he would (but Jasper was hilarious. Seriously, bad bad pick on that one).
- Black Friday shopping with the sisters. We didn't go as crazy this year, only up at 4:45am instead of 3:45am. The best part is breakfast afterwards.
- Dinner without kids on Friday night. I was lucky enough to be at the "FUN" table. Lets just say there was Tofu flying, Aarin Neville impersonations, and I cried laughing so hard.
- Mesa Temple Christmas lights. We got there late so we didn't get the full tour but I was so happy we got to go. It is my favorite and it has been way too long.
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Thanksgiving
We just got back from AZ for Thanksgiving and I think my body needed a day to recuperate. With late night baking, early morning shopping, babies off their schedule and bashing teenage parties all around us, we didn't get much sleep. But it was worth it. Here are some highlights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
first off: there is no way anyone else's aaron neville impersonation can compare with the bevie's.
jo's little girl looks JUST like her-so cute. how old is she?
i can't believe how HUGE your family really is. crazy.
and what's this tricycle business? emery throwing a fit? puh-lease, that can't be true.
mashy bay still wants emery. he listed all the cousins the other day when he thought we were going down to grandmas (sadly we were going to walmart). "chase, ibby, indie, mocha...no ahmarie (sad voice)."
I love your family and miss them badly! I can't believe how BIG all of the neices and nephews are... and how many there are. Holy crazy. I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving. If you are coming here for Christmas, I need to see you!
I loved seeing your huge family picture! It is fun to see your siblings and their kids. I can't believe how old your nieces and nephews are.
I think that Emery and Jake should try taking pictures together and we can see who is more difficult!
Thanksgiving in AZ looks like fun times! Swimming and eating outside in November? LOVE IT!
I love your huge family picture. And it's just going to keep growing.
Glad you had tons of fun but also glad you're back!
I had fun just reading all of that. I bet it was way more fun actually doing it!
I love that family picture. So many people! You and your sisters are too cute. You're all so pretty... Even after a morning of shopping.
Looks like so much fun!
How fun! I miss AZ and the warm weather! We do the same thing when we get together with my Hubby's family, we all hang out at the church..he has 10 brothers and sisters, and they almost all have at least 3 kids! Love the family picture. Sounds like a fun date night too..wow you had a fun action packed weekend!
i'm not going to lie, thanksgiving in az seems like heaven, huge family and all! how does bri bri cope when he can't circle the wagons??!! and i don't care how tired you are, be excited for 3 weeks dammit! we can't wait for you to come back! sooooo excited to see all the monsters christmas morning. love ya.
It looks like you guys had an awesome time! I love how big the fam is. I love that you eat dinner outside and went swimming!
I am so impressed with that huge family picture. Everyone is so color coordinating and looking at the camera, and I can't even tell that Emery was throwing a fit. I wish we could get a nice picture like that of Chris' ginormous family. It's impossible though. You have such a good looking family and I'm glad you had so much fun. We did too, and I'm still recovering from no sleep too. There's too much fun going on to sleep and Nathan must feel the same way cause he thought he didn't need to sleep much either.
Az is the best over holidays. I'm glad I got to see you for a second. Maybe next time! Love the big family picture.
looks like you ahd a fun thinksgiving. geez - your family is getting big!
Okay still laughing about Aaron Neville and your impersonation! LOL! Now it is your turn since you are so good this Christmas Eve if we are there!
So fun! I know it sounds like such a cliche, but spending ANY holiday with a plethora of family members is the best.
Fun! We are going to Az for Christmas and I'm so excited. I love to see the Temple lights. And I am jealous you got to see Twilight. I was supposed to go see it with Sean's sisters but they all went before we met up. I was/am ticked.
I agree with Lizzy - you all look way too fabulous for getting up at 4 am or whatever it was!
Your family is HUGE! I bet your get togethers are chaotic but so much fun. I love big families.
It is so much fun looking at and reading about ALL my sister's family. It is wonderful how you all get together.
Post a Comment