Monday, June 22, 2009

Guest Post

My father-in-law reminded me of a funny picture he took a while back while he was in charge of Sage. I like to think this photo was inspired by the nickname we call her, Sagie Mack. Anyway, I never posted about it and he was disappointed so he decided to do a guest post.

A little background info: My FIL should be an Apple rep. He loves all things Apple and tells us every chance he gets. He wants to convince Brian of how fabulous Macs and iphones are and Brian refuses to buy them. While we realize Mac's are way cooler, they are also way more expensive. My husband is just being financially smart by buying PC that still works great for our needs but doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a fan
cy Mac. Without further ado, here is my FIL to convince you otherwise.

This is a guest post by Alison's father-in-law, so it might be a little awkward, but the blogosphere is all about pushing the envelope, right? Brian said that Alison doesn't make random posts and that she prefers to focus on topics. Well, that's easy. The topic is Apple Computer/the MacBookPro/the new iPhone 3G S (the s is for speed)/and Steve Job's liver transplant. To get things started, you'll notice the photo below is the cute little off-spring of Brian and Alison, none other than Sage McKenzie! As you can easily see, Sage has shown unusually good judgment for one so limited in life experience by selecting a Mac for her computing needs. This is noteworthy since her father has steadfastly refused to see the benefits and joys of owning one of these powerful, easy to use, and elegantly designed machines. One can only guess at the grief the little one must have endured when her father spied her rocking out to the sounds of Neil Young with her computer dialed in to i-tunes and her ear buds firmly in place. We hope that she was able to shield out the misinformation thrown her way about her bold and righteous decision to break with her immediate family's tradition of the blue screen of death in favor of effortless computing as recommended by her paternal grandfather (much like the wisdom of Lehi in choosing to leave Jerusalem). Well, that's probably enough for now, so stay tuned and next time we'll examine the new iPhone's release to superb reviews.

Now I want to know - How many of you are Mac worshipers? Do you have anything to add to convince my frugal hubbie that Macs are worth the expense?

Thanks Brad for sharing your wit and wisdom on my dying blog.

6 comments:

bulkleybunch said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! dad, you are a nightmare! adi, you're a good sport. i think that pic is brad's all time fave! funny funny. macs all the way (even though i'm on a crappy-a pc right now)

Alicia said...

This is hilarious. Seriously. I just read it out loud to my hubs, brother-in-law and sis-in-law (we are all on macs right now) and everyone laughed out loud.

s.lloyd said...

I read this post on a mac that cost me nearly $3,000. It sure works great, looks nice and is totally popular BUT...when I REALLY need to do something on a computer (other than look at my pictures), I go home to my Dell D600 that is 4 years old, and cost only $1300. Maybe in a new world where all software is compatible and comparable on a Mac as those used on a windows platform I would think of switching completely to Mac. I do like the iPhone though. Just not as much as my b-berry!

Jill said...

3000?!! What? I probably knew that, but seeing it in writing just makes it even worse. I don't know anything about computers. All I care to use is the internet which seems pretty much equal on both the mac and a pc.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

oh, brad, you are too funny. and a great writer to boot. i'm all for macs, but that's because i'm vain and like everything around me to be pretty. well, plus i just like how they work. i'm on a pc now and i want to throw it through the wall. but if you have a functioning pc that feels normal to you, there's really no point in blowing a small fortune on a mac and all new software. although you could always "unintentionally" get a virus...ooh, wait! that's definite mac perk-fewer viruses! bam!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

are you in Utah? I'm here and want to see you!

Funny post! I really want a mac too!