My sister Emily decided it would be fun to drive down to visit me with her 5 kids (including her sweet little 5 week old baby). Is she crazy? I think so, but I am sure glad she is slightly insane and super brave to come on down. Then my sister Amy (who lives right by Em) was feeling left out and wanted to come play with her 3 older kids too. It was so much fun and so chaotic with 3 adults (Brian usually worked or tried to hide) and 10 kids (ages 10 and under) everywhere we went. And we went. Here are a few highlights:
- Going swimming on Thursday. Don't mind that it took us about 6 hours to get there. It was fun and windy and too cold for my warm blood (seriously, if it isn't at least 95 I don't get in the pool in Vegas). But the kids had fun.
- Using the buddy system as we took the troops to Rain Forest Cafe at the MGM Grand. Unfortunately by the time we were done the lions at the Lion Habitat had gone to bed. I wished I was in bed too.
- Visiting the Ethel Chocolate Factory, M&M World and Cactus Garden on Friday. Only 2 nephews got poked by the cacti and all got some delicious chocolate and M&M's. Have you ever tried the Strawberry and Peanut Butter M&M's? Yeah, they are pretty much as gross as they sound.
- Eating at Joe's Crab Shack while the kids played on the playland. What a brilliant concept - why don't more sitdown restaurants have play sets?
- Going to the park by my house and letting the kids run wild. Made me realize how great parks are with 10 kids going crazy. We lucked out on awesome weather (plus wind) all weekend.
- Seeing UP on Saturday, with Brian for reinforcement. I loved it, Emery enjoyed it, Sage was wired from lack of sleep and Dad was the best to wrestle with her restlessness. And of course we got some Yogurtland afterward. Yum....
- Brian volunteering to take the kids Sat. night so my sisters and I could shop and eat and take a much needed break. Huge thanks to my hun...even if you did want to schedule a certain procedure after that night.
- Amy bestowing her special gift of decorating on my girls rooms. She could even make my crappy stuff look cute. And someday when I can buy all new stuff I am making her come back.
10 comments:
Sounds awesome! And CRAZY! What a cute group of cousins, and I am seriously SO proud of BA for watching them all so you could have some girl/sister time...that is super nice.
Defintely insane but fun times I am sure!!! I can't belive that Brian watched all of them, that is impressive. I can't wait to see your room!
You girls were very brave and how fun for Emery and Sage to have so many cousins all staying over at your house. I bet you're so glad you got a bigger house so you can have all your family come visit more often. Glad you got to spend some quality time with your sisters!
oh your cute sisters!! You are so lucky to have them!! You guys are all so beautiful!
Your little girls are beautiful Alison!
(by the way ...love you in orange!)
That is a lot of kids! Wow. I'm sure it was so fun though. Chaotic fun!
holy cow. way to go BA for taking on so many munchkins. yikes!
did i read that bri bri single handedly (sp) watched all the monsters? hmmmm is this my brother we're talking about. jk beaver cleaver, i can totally see it and can't wait to hold it over your head when you come here:) looks like you guys had a successful weekend. i'm tired just thinking about it, i guess i'll go get back in my bed.
What a blast! I love seeing all those faces that I know! I'm headed to Utah the last week of June. Hopefully we will overlap. Who are you staying with?
How fun!! You gals were very brave with 10 kids and did tons!! Wowzer!
Great reading yyour blog
Post a Comment