These are a few of Sage's favorite things:
Emptying out the cupboards. I purposely put plastic kid dishes and tupperware within her reach so she could have something to play with while I am in the kitchen. Sometimes I regret that decision since she plays with it ALL THE TIME!
Dumping the silverware. I need to work on her putting it into the drawer for me rather than clean dishes on the floor (or worse, dirty dishes in her mouth).
Playing with the movies and DVD's. Not shown - she has a favorite drawer in our entertainment center that she empties out daily.
Laundry. No basket of clothes is safe with Sage around. She can toss those clothes faster than I can put them back in. Forget trying to sort anything when Sage tries to help.
My jewelry. Thanks to big sister always getting into my jewelry, Sage quickly learned how fun that can me. I constantly find necklaces and earrings flung around my bathroom floor.
Following in her sister's footsteps - Sage LOVES books. Well, she at least likes to fling them all off the shelf.
Occasionally, she reads one too.
Headbands. I have a drawer in my bathroom with all my headbands and hair stuff. Sage rushes to that spot every time she enters my room. She puts the headbands on...her neck and struts her stuff. It is pretty stinkin' cute. Even when you have to clean it up 500 times a day.
An honorable mention goes out to the magazines and the toilet paper. That girl can tear that stuff up faster than you can say supercalifragilisticexpealidocious. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of her playing with the toilet paper because she also loves to play with the toilet and running to get the camera just doesn't seem like a good idea in those situations.
All in all. My house is constantly a mess but she is such a cute little destroyer I guess it is ok.
15 comments:
yay! sage lives! is she walking yet? i should just copy this post with haven's face pasted on sage's. they are the same destroyer! laundry, dishes (dirty or clean), jewelry...haven also loves to get into my tampons under the bathroom sink and scatter them all over the house. she's also been known to use them as teethers. is destroying a second-child thing? man alive, i can't keep up!
Seriously, anything to keep them entertained, but then you regret it when you have to clean it all up! Love her cuteness! Oh, and hope you are doing well after the whole wisdom teeth fun! I was dating Briant when I got my wisdom teeth out and it was no fun.....I totally know what you are talking about with the pain meds!
That brings back so many funny memories of Ben at that age. I love the curiosity and the personalities coming out. She is so cute! I also love her hair!
I was going to say what LTB just said. Seriously just cut and paste Alice's face on every picture! Although I think I would have to put a picture up of the toilet paper, that is her fave! I love little Sagie!
she is too dang cute to get mad at, right? this does bring back memories-sounds like you need some child proof drawers and cupboards. i bought all the stuff to do mine, then never ended up getting it done and just cleaned up messes constantly. my advice:take the time to do it!
I am going to copy this post and photoshop Laura's face in for Sage's.
Man, destruction never looked so adorable.
I love the picture of her in all that laundry! All the messes are evidence of children around and I love that!
that last comment was me!
it's so funny that she is such a little thing but still can do so much damage. when you guys were here, i witnessed the laundry and dishes one! she is adorable, i love busy bodies! love you
I'm pretty sure I used finger-greased pots and pans for 6 months straight. Funny how it's still cute, though, huh? :) I love busy, messy, big girl Sage!
I don't think we even used bree's name during that phase-it was Destructo Baby and Tasmanian Devil. But of COURSE none of us would trade that for anything :)
And our hubbys wonder what we do all day! Thanks for documenting what each day is like for most of us young moms.
As I clean up various messes (after I grab the camera first of course)I tell myself that I'm furthering their development. If messiness is any indication of how smart my kiddos are going to be, they are outright brilliant and it looks like Sage is there too!
Oh, I so remember this stage. She looks so cute making those messes.
What a fun age. I'm glad my house isn't the only one a complete mess. She is a cutie pie!!
I love it all! I could just give a big ditto for all of those with my little guy - especially the things around the neck! His older sister got some lei's from a birthday party that he was absolutely addicted to for a while! If he finds pj's laying around, he'll even put his pajama legs around his neck like a necklace! I concur, such a fantastic albeit messy age.
Post a Comment