Thursday, August 09, 2007

What a day...

Yesterday was a total roller coaster of a day. Serious highs and serious lows. Started off with Emery waking up at 6am instead of 8am (low). That is a great way to throw off a schedule. But it got better when we went with my friend to our ward swim/play group (high). I had a good time meeting a bunch of other moms and Emery had fun with very minimal fussing. We got home and she took a long nap (high).

Later, I get a call from my hubbie who tells me that Steve (our friend who is staying with us right now, from OR who just got a job in LV and I am so excited for his family to join us down here in LV) was having car trouble (low). So I went to pick up Steve in downtown Vegas at 4:45pm - this should give you a mental image of hot sweaty people sitting in traffic. Well, I arrive at the Wendy's that Steve was waiting with his overheated car and just then a cop comes to give me a ticket for my expired registration (very low). Of course it is expired because I refused to pay to register it in OR right before I moved and haven't had the chance to do that yet since I have been home for a week. But the cop was so kind as he cut me some slack and didn't give me a ticket for not changing my DL to Nevada and was extra kind to to not tow us - thank you very much Mr. Officer.

So, we get back on the road and I am feeling bad for Steve as he had to leave work early to sign a lease and never made it in time due to his overheated car. We get stuck in traffic on the way home and what do you know, my car starts to overheat (low). So much for saving him from his crappy car...my car is just as crappy. Fortunately, I know the trick to turn on the heater and roll down the windows. This is pretty miserable in stand still traffic in Las Vegas in August. But as least we made it home and nobody got heat stroke.

Don't worry folks because we end on a high note. After dinner, I left the babe with the hubs and darted to Target to get Eclipse , kicking myself for forgetting to get it on the Tuesday. I crossed my fingers that there would be a copy left....and there was just one left(very high). Oh, it was a good day afterall.

12 comments:

Summertime Designs said...

Ah! What a roller coaster day! One part of it reminded me of my senior year. It was during track season and Coach Sullivan wanted us to go to Poston pool to do water exercises to strengthen our legs. Well, this was also in like April when the pool was still freezing. Even though it was hot outside, we would blast our heater in the car and we were sweating like mad dogs, and as soon as we pulled up to the pool we ran and dove in because we were so hot. Okay, so this doesn't TOTALLY relate to your day, just that little part of it being hot outside and you still turning on the heater! Glad your day ended on a good note!

Sammy Pow said...

You'll have to let us know if the Vampires and Warewolves get along at Spring Break this year. I'm dying to know! I just hope those mean vampires don't spoil the fun again:(

King Family said...

Hooray for Eclipse. A little Edward always makes the day better!

Lizzy said...

Oh, I loved Eclipse. Call me when you've finished!! I've been dying to talk about it.

Kendee said...

I just got Eclipse today. I didn't know that you had read the first two... I know you recommended the first one to me before my trip, but I didn't think you had read it at that time... So, when did you read it?... and are you obsessed with Edward like I am? I am excited to read the third... Don't put any spoilers on your blog until I am done - okey dokey?!!?

Emily S. said...

Joe and I are going to the bookstore here in St. Louis to meet Stephenie Meyer today.

Okay, go ahead and be jealous.

SO SORRY ABOUT THE CRAPPY PARTS!!!

Ilene said...

How are you loving Eclipse? I have a lot to talk about there too. The Jacob thing was a bit unbelievable to me. . . I won't spoil anything but I am mad that I have to wait until next Fall for book 4!

Ami Bethea said...

lol I'm glad you day ended up high, and with Eclipse! When you get to the halfway point be prepared because you won't be able to put it down until you finish it! It's awesome, Edward is the best. Happy reading!

Caryn said...

That stinks that your day was so crappy, atleast it ended very, very well. Oh, reading Summer's comment about Coach brought back some very painful running memories... ouch...

Alicia said...

AHHHHH! I was just reading some comments and people just say too much! I haven't even finished New Moon yet! Hmmmm, makes sense since I just barely finished Lost. (Kendee told me we realy need to talk about it.) Anyway, I love you!

Jill said...

I loved Eclipse. I just finished yesterday. Those books really make me so happy. And its true, once you get to those last couple hundred pages you can't put it down. It gets intense. We will need to talk once you have finished thats all i gotta say.

Christi said...

That totally sucks. I need to start reading those books. I am excited to get a new book.