Tuesday, October 09, 2007

When you can't choose which one...

...you just buy them all. And I hope my hubbie won't kick me to the curb for it. My rationale is that in all of Emery's life I have spent $6.88 for professional pictures (that's right we got her 6 month pictures done at Walmart). Other than that we got a free package at Kiddie Kandids from my bro (thanks B, I am kind of sad you quit KK) And when Emers was 1 my friend in OR took her pictures (which turned out way better than any studio could do). So, finally I take Emery in to get some pictures taken...and mucho dinero later...we have about a thousand pictures of my cutest little girl.

I still have a heart attack whenever I spend money. So, not only do I want to show off these cute pictures - I also want to hear that they were worth it and that you spend lots of money on pictures too. Even so I can just say, "See, hun, other people spend money on timeless photos of their cherished children too." Darn those salespeople...do you see what they have done to me? Anyway, here are some of the pics.

32 comments:

Emily said...

Wow you're fast!!! I LOVE THEM!
Seriously, they make me want to have a girl! That was so much fun!

Christi said...

That is way tooooo cute! I love them. And we all spend tons of money on the kiddos. Don't worry about Brian, how can he get mad when they are so cute. I think that my favorite one is the either the rocking chair, or the bee costume with the black background. She is a cutie pie!

The Scotts said...

Those are ADORABLE!!! She is so cute! I am glad that you spent money and did them. I forever will because my Mom never took any pictures of us. The only pictures we have are what our Grandma took. So tell Brian that Emery will love having pictures of herself when she is older!!

destiny said...

Those are just too cute! I think it is totally worth it! I really need to get some recent pictures of my girls. Darn it, looks like I will be forking out some major dough soon!

Laurel said...

Um, dare I say COMPLETELY worth it!Those pictures are freaking a-dorable! I spent a bunch when we did Isabel in her blessing dress and have just taken my own since then (risky? yes). Professional pictures are one of those things that are just hard to justify spending so much money on, but are always so much better than you can imagine. I say live it up and enjoy them!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Those are seriously so cute! I say they are totally worth the money too! The props are fabulous too! Oh her little piggies just get to me too! She is a doll.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

three and four are my favorites. but four takes the cake. sooo cute. where did you have them done? can't wait to see them all this week!!!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

oh, and the other day i wanted to spend money on clothes (forever 21 opened up in university mall) and steve got all huffy about it. deb stepped in and said "steven, girls have to buy clothes to breathe!!!" he hasnt' said a thing to me since. i'm sure she can lash out in a similar way to brian on photos: "brian, grandmothers need to see pictures of their grandbabies to breathe! especially when they live out of state!"

Melanie said...

I am like you in that I have only gotten our daughter's photos professionally done once that I paid for, but we are also in law school. I'm guarantee that the second we graduate, I, too will be buying photos right and left. I say live it up! And besides, why spend money on a bumble bee costume if you can't remember forever how cute she was in it?

Jen Lee said...

Of course you had to buy them all! Those are soooooo cute! I love the flower ones, especially the first. And really, the poses and everything are so different, so you shouldn't feel bad about getting more than one of the same outfit. It's not about the outfit, anyway!

Beeta said...

Oh my gosh, they are sooo cute and sooo worth it!! I love love love every single one! She is such a cutie! I think that picture of her on the playground is so stinkin cute too. You can call me a very proud aunt! I might come down this weekend with the rest of the fam, but I'm still trying to decide. PS I might have to break copyright laws and print some of these pictures of little emers!

Alifinale said...

Beeta, no need to break copyright laws...I bought enough to share with more people than want one. You will be getting some, don't you fret.

Jaclyn said...

SOOO worth it! I think spending more money on nice pictures is totally okay. You're lucky she cooperated and smiled for the camera, etc. She's adorable and I love them all, especially the one in the flower garden. So cute.

Alicia said...

She is a doll, Al... and a perfect combo of both you and Brian. can't wait to meet her.

Jenn said...

I think they are totally worth it, but I am a sucker for pictures. My husband complains everytime I take the kids for pictures because I always spend too much money. When she is all grown up you will appreciate the money you spent on capturing her cute little face. I love the black and white one of her face close-up. Great pictures!

Lizzy said...

Those are so cute! I would have had a hard time choosing, too! Plus, if you're saving so much money on all the other pictures, why not have one time where you can splurge?

I LOVE her bumblebee dress, by the way.

Rachie said...

It is so worth the money! You will never be able to capture those moments again. I think pictures are worth the a little extra $$$.

AND, Kendee told me you would be in town next month. I can't wait to meet you. It will be a blast. Perhaps I will have to host a little blog party in your honor :)

Nate and Lauren said...

totally worth it... dont you love looking at old pictures of your parents, grandparents etc. I think there is something to be said for capturing your kids at all stages b/c they will never be that age again!

bkbills said...

They were worth it! Too cute. Seriously, they grow up too fast and they look different in such a short amount of time. Definetely worth the money involved.

aryn said...

Hey! Did you meet my friend Chelsie? I thought you guys would hit it off. I love the cute bumble bee outfit and love love love the 3rd picture from the bottom- precious!

Ilene said...

My husband is in the same boat as yours. However, he has I think only one picture of him as a baby. I HATE that. I also hate that I don't have a lot of baby pictures of me either. Sure, we can take our own pictures but unless we are gifted like my pal Shonda, they just aren't the same as professional ones.

Emery looks so adorable. Those flowers! That dress! Oh, I need a little girl.

My grandpa tells a story of a traveling photographer coming around town signing people up for photo shoots. My grandma paid something like $5 for a few years worth of professional photos of my dad and the other kids. My granpdpa said he had a fit and yelled a lot at my grandma when he found out what she did. He then told me that it was the best money he ever spent. Of course Grandma knew best. The pictures are absolutely beautiful. So I will deal with the fits now knowing that my husband will get it when he is older.

Mandee said...

What?! You are going to Chicago without me?! What is that all about?

And I love this quote- "girls have to buy clothes to breathe!" So true, so true!

And it is always worth the money for pictures of your kids, because when they're gone, that's all you'll have left to remind you of when they were little.

Sammy Pow said...

Listen folks, I'm fine with pictures of my daughter. But when you spend over $100 and you get three different poses in a Halloween costume, it is a little excessive. Try and show some restraint people!

The Thompson's said...

Those really are ALL adorable! Well worth the $$$$$. I love her bee outfit! We have put out a good amount of money for pics for the girls too so don't feel too bad.

Caryn said...

SO cute! Well worth the money always!

Tara said...

Totally worth it! She looks beautiful!

Ami Bethea said...

WHOA, adorable!! I spend way too much on pictures too...twice a year. I do every six months to get both of my boys on their birthdays. I love it! This year Brooke Eagleston is taking pictures of my family so I'm just going to use her pictures for Stratton's bday, she does such a good job I'm sure they'll be great. The pictures you bought were well worth it, they are perfect!

Beth said...

K-I think it is hilarious and great that your hubby is defending himself to all us mothers who think the same! Guys just don't fully get it but the pics are priceless...and how are you supposed to pick one or two when they turned out so great? Tell BA the next photo shoot might not go as great so you had to take FULL advantage!

Emily said...

About 25 people are on our side here Alison. I don't know about you, but that makes me feel better!

Anonymous said...

Oh my I cant believe how much she has grown and she is soooooo adorable. I cant choose just one they are all great and way worth the money!!!!

Birchall Family said...

Those pictures are so cute! How would you pick! I spend so much money on pictures it makes me wanna throw up! Mark actually does the work for free for me and usually doesn't even let me pay for the print, but I manage to pay sometimes and it gets so expensive. My brother says that you should look at a great picture like a piece of art, and something that is timeless. SO spend up!

Kendee said...

They are fantastic and what every you paid for them, they are at least worth double that!!!! When you are makin the big bucks, months or years from now, you won't be able to make Emers this tiny and cute again... I'd say to got a great deal... You can't replay childhood, you can just keep great pictures of it.