Play Group
I am a social person by nature and the idea of sitting at home all day with a kid that can barely talk kind of makes me sweat. I need a distraction, Emery needs a distraction, and seriously when you only have one kid what do you do all day? I cannot tell you how glad I am that my ward has a fun playgroup twice a week.
While the park or on cold days the church, are just fine by me - we went to this super fun inflatable play place last Friday and had a blast. Emery LOVED it and although it was a bit tiring to have to take her up the freaking slide a million times, it was totally worth it. I forgot my camera, but fortunately my pal Chelsie, did not.
American Idol
I am missing so many shows right now that I was extra excited for America
n Idol to be back on. And BA will even watch the auditions with me because it is just too funny.LOST
I seriously can't wait that my favorite show is coming back on...I won't even think about the fact that it is only going to be like 8 episodes. Oh I can't wait for tomorrow night!!
Yummy Greasy FOOD!I have always loved food, but right now I can't seem to get enough and the greasier the better. I try not to indulge in too many hamburgers and fries but it doesn't stop me from always wanting it. I seriously can't watch commercials without wanting to run out and get whatever was on the ad (anyone seen the Chili's Bacon Burger commercials? Oh my delish). I didn't get too sick this pregnancy, but I am still glad that food is sounding good to me right now. And funny thing is that this treat girl actually wants more food than dessert.
Elmo & Children's books
These 2 things seem to be all it takes to make my child happy these days. Elmo lets me take a shower & get ready in peace. And Emery is obsessed with books these days and I love that she actually likes to look at them on her own. Oh, I love that she is learning to entertain herself.
Sweatpants
That is all I want to wear these days so if you drop by my house unannounced (or sometimes even announced) that is what I will be wearing. I wear jeans for about 2 hours per day when I am out and about and even then I debate going to the store in my snowflake pj bottoms. I am such a frumpy mom and I don't care.
Ok, that is about it for now. I hope you have a few lifesavers in your world that you just can't live without.
16 comments:
Talk about frumpy! You can't even compete with me and I have NO excuse. I am going to come by unannounced one of these days and see if you are telling the truth, cause I don't believe you. You ALWAYS look cute! I love so many of those same things and I'm glad we all get together at least twice a week too, for our sanity!
I love jammie bottoms as you well know. I don't care that they are frumpy. Although I have to admit I am wearing them a bit too much. I took the kids to the cheap seats in them the other day. But we were sitting in the dark right????
Hey- you are from Eugene now so pj bottoms are consisdered high fashion no matter what other places in the world may say.
Hmmm... my lifesavers:
Friday McDonald playdates
Preschool (unless I am teaching)
Naps (somehow I can get both boys down at the same time and nap myself)
Library (nothing to watch on t.v.)
Masterpiece Theater's Jane Austen movies (LOVING these remakes)
Way to leave the house! I find it exhausting and the biggest chore! I can't wait to be not nursing and to have my kids old enough that they won't run crazy and they will obey so that we can all go to the mall or store together! What a fun place. I LOVE Emery's glasses. She looks so adorable. I too am excited for Lost and love my sweats! We should just go to lunch in sweats next time. Remember those good ol days in HS when we wore our PJ bototms everywhere? Ah memories!
Aren't playgroups the best? I too go crazy when it's just Anna and I, so we try to have a morning and an afternoon date as often as we can. And as for the nose picking...does Emery dig deep in her nose, pull it out and yell at the top of her lungs "I GOT IT!?" Because my daughter does. Makes me one proud mommy.
You are so fun. No joke, those bounce places are as big a workout as anything! But fun though. Glad you found a group to play with. Amen for videos and quiet showers, unfortunatly for me we are currently in a Teletubbies phase with Berk which I can't stand to hear, so I dont get much done... Alas,
I AM SO HAPPY LOST IS ON AGAIN! I plan on watching season 3 this weekend to recap!
Let's see...my lifesavers are:
Alison
Kara
Christi
That's about it. Easton is driving me freaking nuts!
Very cute. A lot of things are my lifesavers......especially the TV......a little too much.....sort of like Ava's second mother. ( I just started work again.) Anyways, I hope all is well being prego! Looks like your having fun! Lucky that your playgroup meets twice a week!
give it up for the snowflake pj bottoms! i think those will go down in history-we should probably turn them into a big family quilt or something. i'm pretty sure 90% of the photos i snap at anderson family functions have brad sporting them. love it.
LOST... TONIGHT! Hooray for real TV!
adi adi adi sweats are a neccesity not something to apologize for. jeans just don't cut it when you're with child. love you.
this comment is unrelated to your post, but a reponse to your question.... i too have no idea when we are heading your way on saturday, but it must be sometime after i get home from meeting with one of my clients. boys...do they ever share information???
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can't live without my Diet Coke. If I am out of cans I will find some "other" reason to go to the store and acquire a new 20-pack.
The thing about "Alison" and "frumpy" in the same sentence, is that you just look adorable all dressed down and prego! Which, by the way, is also a perfect excuse for your tiredness during the slide marathon. I love that your ward has play dates! Sounds like so much fun!
Thank you for this list! I needed this since I am (starting tomorrow) going to be a full time mommy now. YAH!
You are so funny. I think we are very alike. I do as many playgroups and playgroups as I can, so my child doesn't drive ME crazy. Daddy time is another lifesaver for me. Dora, Diego and Backyardigans help my get my showers taken. Doesn't it keep yetting better the older they get, and now we are expecting our seconds!!! What were we thinking, it is just getting tolerable!!!
I love your lifesavers. I LOVE playgroup also. It is so good for the kids and I to get out. I am so glad that we have a great little group of moms to get together with. I don't watch Lost, but it sounds like I should!
Post a Comment