Friday, February 01, 2008

LOST is back!

And with it is new questions and new frustrations. First of all, I was very disappointed that when they said there would be a 2 hour premier that the 1st hour was a recap. It was kind of good to get a refresher on things since it has been so long but did it have to be narrated by stupid Ben? It seriously irritated me the entire hour. Thank goodness for DVR and the ability to fast forward.

Then the show started and I decided that I don't like angry mean Jack as much. And I sort of hate the flash forwards because they are so depressing. Is that supposed to be an absolute future or a maybe future from they way things are going now? All I know is it is frustrating to not know who the 6 survivors would be and why Jack turns into a crazy addict. And poor Hurley is guilt ridden and crazy. And seriously...(as BA points out every week) can Hurley not lose any weight even stranded on an island and walking so much?

I can't really believe that Charlie died. I swear they are going to have him walk up to the group one day. And I am sure that Locke is right about the fact that the boat people are bad (btw, how does he know that? Locke is getting a bit too weird) but I can't imagine why some people would look for that island to kill everyone. That is just weird. Anyway, I am anxious to find out what happens next week but a little frustrated with how the premier went. I guess it was kind of just a set up show to get us ready for more to come.

11 comments:

Emily said...

I always wonder the same thing about Hurley...that's funny.

I really like the flash forwards, I think they are so interesting! But I have the same questions about Locke and how he knows that the people coming to the island want to kill everyone. Maybe he can hear crazy Jacob now too...who knows? I'm so starved for good tv that I absolutely loved every second of last night's episode!!!

Chappell Family said...

My dear Lost is Back!!! Oh how I missed you!!! Loved last nights show, but still left with questions as always! I too want Charlie to come back to us and not just as a ghost. Waiting a week to see the show kills me!! I love watching them on a DVD as a series, but I take what I can get!! Love that you post about LOST!! Thank you!

Jen Lee said...

I have such a love/hate relationship with Lost. It's kind of like a drug addiction. I keep swearing I'm done, but every season I'm back for more. If only they'd ever resolve anything!!!

Bringhursts said...

Am I the only one who doesn't watch Lost?

Chelsea said...

First of all, I totally loved your life savers post. Next, I can't watch Lost because everytime I try to watch it I just that...LOST! I tried yet again and it is nutty. But, I agree with BA. Why can't the big guy lose a few on the island?

Caryn said...

Yeah for Lost, poop for the not really 2 hour, 2 hour premiere... and what was that pop up video recap on Wed? Glad to have you back in full AliFinale mode...

Taking season 3 to my cabin this weekend for a nice recap...

destiny said...

Oh Lost was EXCELLENT! I really hope it's better than last season, as it's been said that it is supposed to be. I'm not loving the FF's either since Jack is such a stinker in them! Well at least we know half of the six? Lost is definitely good about opening more questions just about every episode! Seriously! Can they ever give us straight answers?

p.s.
John thinks Hurley got a perm, it did seem like his hair was curlier than usual...

Melanie said...

I just hope they pack a TON of answers into the rest of the season since it will be so short.

And I agree about Hurley, but technically, they've only been on the island 91 days, and lets not forget that they do have giant tubs of ranch dressing from the Dharma care package parachute drops that he apparently drinks in secret.

The Scotts said...

I enjoyed it, although now I have tons of guesses as to what is going to happen the next 3 seasons. I just want Heros and Chuck to come back. Do you watch Chuck? If not you need to watch them all and get caught up. It is my fav!!

Beth said...

ok i am very behind on looking at blogs! First off-congrats on another girl! of course i think that is perfect. you will love having two little girls. it is so fun!

love the pic with emery picking her nose-reagan loves to do the same thing and i don't quite know how to break the habit.

and i hope you really are indulging in all your cravings..you are such a skinny mini so it doesn't matter! it is crazy when you are pregnant and HAVE to have something when you see it or even hear it talked about!

Alicia said...

What makes me laugh even more than Hurley's weight is all the girls' hair. Hello-- they've been there what- like 3 months, and have the hair growth of 3 years! HA!
I'm liking the season... so far. We'll see.