Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The 3rd Trimester

I am officially in my 3rd trimester and let me tell you I am feeling it. I remember with my first pregnancy reading all the books and it would say during the 2nd trimester how comfortable and full of energy you should feel. I thought, "That is crap because I do not feel comfortable." Then my 3rd Trimester hit and I thought, "Oooohhh...that 2nd trimester was way more comfortable than this."

Well, here I am again - feeling squished and claustrophobic in my own skin. There is no relief as I am never comfortable. Too bad I still have just over 11 weeks to go (I am praying for 9 - hey Emery came 2 weeks early, why can't #2?).

And just to prove it to you all - here is a little pic we took in St. George - me and my sister-in-law, Liz. Despite the fact that we look like we are equally far along in our pregnancy, she is lucky enough to know her pregnancy will end in just 4 short weeks and I still have almost 3 months.Oh, but babies are worth it! I am just anxious for the "worth it" part!

20 comments:

Emily said...

You have the cutest baby bump ever...the bigger the better!! Besides, the rest of you is SUPER SKINNY!!!!

Mandee said...

You really are the cutest, little pregnant girl! I am so excited for you to have your baby and can't wait to see her- on your blog and in real life!

Brianne said...

You are the cutest pregnant woman in the world (besides your s-i-l too) You are super skinny everywhere else and your belly is all in front and not wrapped around. ;) You look like one HOT Momma!! You go girl!

Kara said...

Dido to everything everyone else has already said. I love how cute you look and you don't let us all believe that you're really uncomfortable. You'll just have to live in the pool for the next few months like I did a couple summers ago! It'll make you feel better, I promise. Plus, you'll be a tan momma!

Laurel said...

It's true. You ARE they cutest pregnant momma out there. And doesn't a big bump just mean a happy, healthy baby?! Keep up the faith!

Lizzy said...

Both of you girls look so cute pregnant. I'm sorry about the third trimester claustrophobia. I hated that. Hopefully the next three months will fly by! And then you'll be snuggling a little bundle of joy! Ahh.

Melanie said...

I hear ya! I must be just a couple of weeks ahead of you and sleeping has really become tough! It happened much sooner this pregnancy than last. And my morning workout buddy is just like Liz. She's nine weeks ahead of me (so she's due any day now) but about 3 weeks ago people started to say they thought I was due before her. I swear, I'm sticking straight out in front of me this time! Anyway, I think you look darling. Just be grateful the rest of your body doesn't look pregnant too!

Birchall Family said...

Love the picture! I think it looks like you are a little ant that ate a grape...you are so little with a cute little tummy! When I am prego my face gets the fattest! I loved ready all your last posts...you are making me feel bad about not being as green as I should! Love the pictures of Emery with her cousins, so cute. BTW I will pay you for one of those so cute blankets, good job! You should sale those blankets!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

remember when our bellies touched when we hugged. that was w-e-i-r-d. just think-next time i see you my bump will be empty and hanging over my jeans like an old woman and you'll be all perky and rosy!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

plus you have all these friends to tell you that you are the cutest pregnant woman in the world and shower you with comments. i have none-just you and holly who tell me you hate me! and i have ginormous boobs.

Ilene said...

What?! You still have ankles?!

Totally not fair.

I try to embrace the fact that I can still bend over because I know that will be going soon.

Alifinale said...

Don't fret Liz, you have all my friends to say how cute you are. And Ilene, I haven't been able to really bend over for weeks. Ah, pregnancy...

And thanks for saying I am cute. Sad that regardless you always think pregnancy is so much cuter on other people.

The Farnsworth Family said...

What a cute little baby belly! I love that you posted it. I just try to make myself feel better for probably being as big as you (& like two months behind you) by saying it is because this is my 4th. But we both know that doesn't matter. Love ya!

Christi said...

Well if you need to feel better just come take a picture next to me :) Sorry about the claustrophobia that part sucks. I agree with Kara, stay at the pool and then you will be nice and tan!

Tara said...

You are so freakin cute Ali! I know you don't feel that way though. 3rd trimester is HARD! I had Drew 3 weeks early and I was still dying... So good luck with that! :)

Cassey said...

You are darling. I know everyone says this but don't be too eager, remember when it comes out it cries. You may be uncomfortable at night but at least it's quiet :)

McCall said...

i don't think you have a right to complain. maybe your belly gets big, but what about the rest of you? i freaking balloon up every month and by the end - you really don't even want to know what i look like. i am jealous of your preg body. geez.

The Scotts said...

You both suck! I don't even look that cute at 12 weeks!

lisset said...

oh puhlease! just WAIT until you see what a real pregnant whale looks like. although, you amy have to wait awhile..
now go nest or something and stop complaining :)

bulkleybunch said...

stfu if you need to have brian translate.