My friend Cassey had a brilliant idea to give herself a Karma boost - she wrote some kind notes to those she hates the most as a way to be more positive. Since it is always a good idea to have Karma on your side, I decided to join her on this endeavor. So, here are a few of my own kind notes.
Dear next door neighbor,
Thank you for having your kids walk in between our houses constantly. It is always a joy to hear them out our window shouting. We also really enjoy your dog yippying at all times. As the weather has been extremely nice outside, we have especially enjoyed opening the window at night and listened to your karaoke party. Who needs to watch American Idol when we can listen to you butcher a song just next door? Thank you for the entertainment and for keeping our house from being too quite.
Dear UPS man,
Thank you for always dropping off packages minutes after I put my daughter down for a nap. I love the way you ring the doorbell several times then knock really loudly. It is a great way to get my heart rate up and test my child's ability to sleep through loud noises and disruptions.
Dear HFDG,
Thank you for letting me know over a month ago that you would no longer be employing me. It was so nice to hear that I would no longer be working at home, managing a little extra income, picking my own hours, and working while my child sleeps. I especially appreciate the fact that you have not informed me as to when I would need to stop working. The not knowing when the income will end is a fun adventure.
Dear Las Vegas Drivers,
There is never a dull moment on the streets of Las Vegas, thanks to you. Whether it be tailgating, cutting me off, or threateningly following us so we have to take a different exit; it all makes me feel like I am on a roller coaster (and I love roller coasters). My child delightfully yells "WHOA!" or "Faster Faster!" Although your antics have forced us to pay double in car insurance I would say the ride is worth it.
Dear Person who buys/maintains the Walmart shopping carts,
I am pleased to inform you that your quality of shopping carts is very consistent. Even the new store that opened just weeks ago has managed to already have carts that veer one way or another. While I don't get out and exercise as I should, I appreciate the workout that I get when I go to Walmart.
Dear people who keep voting for Jason Castro on American Idol,
Thanks for staying strong and voting away. By keeping him on the show I am able to get up during the show each week and get my ice cream without fear that I would miss anything great. This allows me to avoid watching his droopy eyes as he sings. I enjoy having that little break so keep it up!
Dear Women's Specialty Care,
It is always nice to have a great, caring doctor when you are pregnant so I appreciate that you employ mine. You also have a wonderful way of teaching me patience since you do not have a direct phone line and it usually takes at least 30 min. to get through to your office. In addition, I enjoy the opportunity you supply me with to sit and read a magazine as I wait over an hour in the waiting room for each appointment. And finally, thank you for having such receptionists and nurses that find wonderful ways to help me clear out my eyes and have a good cry. A few condescending words to a pregnant woman is a sure fire way to get the tears rolling and I am glad to know where to go if ever I need to let it out.
Dear builders and community planners in the Las Vegas Area,
I have noticed your trend of building houses super close together. What a great idea! Not only do you make a lot more money but it allows the homeowners to get really close (literally) with their neighbors. In addition, the small yard or lack thereof really cuts down on maintenance work keeping the husband available for golfing on Saturday. Finally, not having a yard keeps the family close as there is no where to send the kids off to play so they stay right at mommy's heels. And you thought that you would be the only ones profiting by this plan.
Much Appreciation,
Alison
Well, that felt great. I can't wait to see how blessed I will be for writing such kind words. Now you try!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
Seriously, I hate Jason Castro. I hate how he's always tilting his head and smiling...like he's running through a field full of daisies.
Ah man, I was hoping the carts would stay good at the new walmart for awhile.
you are killing me AA. seriously, i'm laughing so hard i can hardly breath, let alone type.
my favorite: the doctor one. don't you just love doctors and nurses that have no tact?!?!
I don't know how you expect to gain any Karma points by being sarcastic. I think you need to write a new, more sincere entry, truly finding the good in all those around you.
xoxo
BA
I learned it by watching you, BA. I learned it by watching you.
And I just want to clarify that I really like my Dr. it is just the rest of the office that I am not too thrilled with.
i feel the same way about brooke. and david cook. and carly. and kristi lee. i think jason is actually getting much better at being comfortable in public. if you close your eyes he's the bomb. and he's pretty when he's not talking or being embarrassed. i'd say brooke's baby faces and constantly near tear-ridden face is more annoying. but that's just me...and steve and my sister.
totally with you on the UPS man problem. seriously? it's like they have a sixth sense. luckily i rarely get packages (since i am too poor to online shop anymore and no one loves me)!
That was awesome. I am laughing so hard, because it is all true. My favorite is the AI one!!! Good job.
That is so funny, and such a GREAT idea. Building houses so close drives me nuts also, I liked one song that Jason Castro sang-but other than that I totally agree and I am amazed at how a brand new Walmart can already have crappy carts. And I can't wait to experience Dr. Ivie's office first hand-sounds like fuN!
you are SO celestial. I bask in your karmic glow.
(The American Idol one made me lol and now I wanna beat up the nurse who made you cry.)
wow adi, bri bri sure has rubbed off on you, way to go!! love, hollie (not jpizzle)
Your community planners/builders ones is such a sore spot for me too! But for Utah, not Vegas, since I don't know much about Vegas. I HATE the way they build stuff! And I HATE HATE HATE that all there is behind it is greed!!! Drives me nuts. It's honestly one of the biggest reasons we don't really care if we ever move back to Utah again. I'm loving the East coast and all the land. I don't know if I can go back.
Our UPS man leaves pretty quickly without trying very hard, so I guess it's good for napping, but makes it hard when all you ever get is sticky notes on your front door about undeliverable mystery packages.
That was the best blog post I've read in months.
I can't believe your doctor's office made you cry. You'd think they'd know, working with pregnant women all day like they do, to be extra careful with what they say. Jerks.
And I'm not gonna lie. I kind of liked Jason's performance on Tuesday. Sorry!
Thank you so much for the great laugh. I so needed a good one today. That was so hilarious.
That was great Alison! I will have to try it one of these days if I feel creative and extra irritated about things....I'm sure I can come up with a few!
I am laughing so hard! I'm totally with you on the dog barking next door and the UPS man/woman. You're so funny, I loved this post.
Alison, please warn me when you are gonna make me pee my pants from laughing, okay?
As for the knocking, a personal pet peeve) I have hot glued a little box over the doorbell so they can't get at it, and I have a little sign that 'says baby sleeping, you wake him- you babysit'. I only hear soft, soft taps now...
Ali this was hilarious! Excellent post.
I totally agree about Castro - he can be the next to go in my mind!
Sounds like I am going to enjoy driving in Vegas.. yikes! Can't wait to see you!!
I want to see your house too.. shall I make an appointment?
Ah, I need to write a letter to the realtors out there.
I HATE my doctor's office here so I am not going back and will just wait to get one in Boise. The receptionists don't even bother to make eye contact or greet you. You have to fill out a piece of paper with your name and appointment info. on in it and just slide it across the counter. These doctors make way too much money to treat us like brood mares (see, I knew all watching the movie "Man from Snowy River" would come in handy. Jessica says the same thing to her father).
Haaaaaaaa! Love it love it love it. I wish I could write a kind note or two of my own!
What kind of person makes a pregnant lady cry!? Give me the number, I'll make her cry! Funny, all your nice letters sound exactly like mine would, so I don't even need to do it!
Post a Comment