Monday, April 28, 2008

Sick girl, new hair cut and a bubble bath

That pretty much sums up our weekend.

I am not sure what Emery had (or has) but after being very grumpy Friday morning she woke up from her nap with a fever. Without any other symptoms of being sick I gave her some Motrin and called it good. She was acting normal enough and since I refuse to cook dinner on Fridays we went out to eat with some friends. Right as our meal came she broke down and was crying uncontrollably - then about 2 min later was like this -Poor little girl. So, we spent most of the day on Saturday relaxing. By the afternoon I decided she was feeling better so I decided to torture her by getting her first hair cut. That is right my child turned 2 over 2 months ago and has never had a hair cut. I am afraid she got the lack of hair gene from me. But we were finally sick of the fly away hair and mullet and had my friend Jamie cut her hair.She refused to wear a cape so I took off her dress and I think that was more traumatizing than the actual haircut. But soon, with a few cars and a puzzle to play with she was happy as can be and sportin' a new 'do.Thanks Jamie! She looks so cute!

And just because it is fun she took a bubble bath last night and was loving it.That's a wrap. Hope you had a great weekend!

15 comments:

Emily said...

I love that she fell asleep at the restaurant...too funny. Poor girl, I hope she's feeling better and ready to party!

Easton is afraid of the cape too...once I figured that out his haircuts became much easier. Her curls are super cute, can't wait to see her!

kim said...

The first haircut always seems the hardest. I went way too long with Abby. It always seems thicker afterwards. She looks darling. Hope she is feeling better!!!

bulkleybunch said...

emers is one hot babycakes! love her.

Melanie said...

Weird about her fever because my daughter has had the exact same thing! Fever with zero other symptoms for the past two day! I'd say it was going around but I'm sure I live at least 2000 miles away from you!

Love her haircut!

Kimber said...

What a cute girl! How come all kids grow mullets first? She looks so darling. Hope she continues to feel better.

melbo said...

Poor muffin! A nice bubble bath cures all ails. She looks super adorable with her new 'do. Like a mini-Marilyn Monroe.

Christi said...

I love the haircut!!! I hope she is feeling better. Reagan was afraid of the cape too. I have to have her sit on my lap :)

{lizzythebotanist} said...

that sickness sounds oddly familiar....and she looks SO OLD in those haircut pictures. did she grow up since the vacation house? i can almost picture her in twenty years when i look at the one with her hair down and all brushed out. craziness.

McCall said...

ahhh, poor thing. it is so sad when kids are sick but we have no idea what is wrong with them. and maybe what is worse, is being the mom and trying to figure it all out????? hmmmm...

Lizzy said...

I love that picture of her sleeping on the bench. So cute. Better to sleep the sick away than cry it away, right? I hope she's feeling better! And her haircut looks great!

Tara said...

I LOVE the new cut! She looks darling!

Glad she is feeling better too!

Jaclyn said...

Look at that curly hair! It is so precious and I am a big fan of short hair on little girls. So cute! I hope she feels better.

Kimber said...

Hi I am Anjie Bringhurst's sister and I was snooping around to find cute blogs. I LOVE yours. Is there anyway you could give the info on how you put it together yourself. I have spent hours googling html instructions and digital scrapbooking to figure it out, but have been unsuccessful. My e-mail is: kuluave@yahoo.com or kimuluave.blogspot.com

Chante said...

Cute haircut! I so need to get Ava's done!!!

Mary said...

Having seen her only in pictures of what--a year like today--has she always had those sweet curls or did her hair cut reveal them? So pretty!

Bridget had some curls once but when I took a few cuts to the mullet, all that was left was straight as a stick. I thought some might grow as it got longer--no luck.