Thursday, May 15, 2008

Old Pictures - Part 2, And then there were 3

Sad news...pretty much all the pictures of when I was pregnant with Emery are on Brian's laptop that died Monday night. Maybe I am not too sad about that. But here are some gems (or more accurately here are probably the ugliest pictures I could find of myself, but you all can appreciate me at my worst, right?)...

When we went to Hawaii with the family. I loved digging a hole in the sand for my belly...and Rusty gave me a black eye - so I was 7 1/2 months pregnant with a bruiser and my work asked if everything was alright at home...and finally I was ready to pop...Isn't it nice that my hubbie took a picture in the middle of a contraction?You know those people that look amazing right after giving birth? I was not one of those people and after telling so many people how aweful and tired I was that I couldn't even smile, I thought I would prove it to you...man I hope I look better after #2.But it was all worth it...and people were so nice to bring us dinner - but even my mother couldn't eat this one..we fell in love immediately...
then Brian starting doing his tricks...Ok, I could go on forever... but all in all we loved our new addition...and I can't wait for #2 to join our family and looking at these pics of when Emery was so small makes me excited to have a tiny again (in between the times that I am scared to death to have a toddler and an infant).

18 comments:

Emily said...

I don't think that picture really counts of you looking good after giving birth because that is RIGHT after giving birth...like, was the cord even cut? When I saw you (hours later...maybe 1 day) you looked incredible. Don't be fooled people, Alison DOES look great after just giving birth!

That picture of you guys with the dinner cracks me up every time.

lisset said...

what in the world is in that pan??? whatever it was.. i don't blame you for not digging in. wow.

cute pictures of tiny emers! can you believe they are that small?!?!

Lizzy said...

I totally forgot about the bruiser! Oh man, that looked like it hurt.

All of those tricks Brian did with Emery always made me so nervous. I'm such a worry-wart! The most fun my kids will ever have is being lightly, gently, softly tossed on the bed. What fun.

Oh, and I have to agree with Emily. I think I saw you the day after you delivered and you looked amazing. Seriously, I left the hospital wondering how it was even physically possible for someone to look completely normal right after birth. But, for you, I guess it is.

Caryn said...

You are funny. I banned the camera during labor and yet I have several less than flattering ones... the best part is literally after each iv bag I gained a chin, thanks Rusty for preserving THAT memory...

And that 'dinner' looked gross, were those cut up hot dogs?

Hannah said...

You look darling in that pregnant Hawaii picture! Your baby is so cute.

bulkleybunch said...

i love the bruiser pic and the pic of emers with her bow. thanks for sharing!! love love love you and pictures!! :)

Christi said...

I agree with Emily and Liz, you looked amazingly normal right after you gave birth.
Good ol Rusty, I forgot about the bruise too!

C Crane said...

Emery was such a cute little babe! So fun, keep the photos comin'!

Ilene said...

I blame post-push ugliness on that darn i.v. stuck in your arm. My face balloons.

I thought it was the stress of childbirth but I had such an awesome epidural with #2 that the birth part was totally not stressful. Well, that is what my brain said perhaps my body was stressed despite the pain blockage...

#2 is so much fun. You actually recognize falling in love with the baby much more than #1. And you have learned that when the baby cries, you can ignore it for a minute or two.

Kara said...

I love the picture of the big red hibiscus in Hawaii! That's awesome. We used to take pictures like that all the time when I lived in Hawaii. No wonder Emery has no fear and she's adventurous, Brian made her that way! I believe Emily, I'm sure that picture doesn't do justice for what you will look like after giving birth to #2!

Tara said...

Ok I LOVE the picture of you just barely having the baby. You look like you're wondering what the hell just happened!

Anyway I love reminiscing with you. These pics are so fun!

Chante said...

I love the pic of you having contractions....you look a little pissed off! And....what was that dinner btw? Was it mac and cheese with hot dogs in it? That is scary! I love all the recap of your cute pics!

Alicia said...

Awe... those make me excited to have my own tiny. But I am still scared. :)

Bringhursts said...

Can you get me the recipe for that casserole?

The Farnsworth Family said...

Love the series post :) Ali you will forever look 16! You are a doll. BTW who looks good after giving birth? I mean really should that even be a goal? Talk about pressure! ha ha! And yes, it is all worth it for sure. You will do great with 2.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I'm gonna have to agree with Emily that you look gorgeous after delivery. I dont think I have ever seen a bad pic of you. Emery was so cute as a newborn!I dont think Ive seen many pics of the early days. Hang in there. I can't wait to see baby #2!

Jaclyn said...

these pictures are hilarious, but I think my favorite is the one right after you delivered Emery. You look exhausted! But the casserole one is pretty hilarious too. And how old was Emery when Brian started pulling out the tricks? Love the baby tricks.

Chelsea said...

Loved the visual blast from the past. I had totally forgotten about the black eye. Thanks for the reminder. How funny!