Friday, June 27, 2008

Hello World!

Hey guys, My name is probably Sage and I was born at 3:51 a.m. on June 27, 2008. I weigh 6 lbs 7 oz. I am the cutest little sucker ever, and although my lungs are filled with fluid, I can still let out a hefty cry.



The delivery was pretty uneventful and my mom was a champion pusher. In fact she may have broken the world distance record for projectile birthing fluid shot at a nurse at a right angle. The Doctor had never seen anything like it and it will haunt my dad's dreams for years to come.
Here's a much more flattering picture of my mom, literally minutes after delivery. I know what you're thinking, there is NO WAY she should be allowed to look so cute right after birth. But guess what, I've got an amazing mom!




This is metric for 6.7 lbs. Crazy Euros, when will they learn that 5,280 feet equaling a mile and 16 ounces equaling a pound is much more logical than multiples of ten?

Here's one of me and my dad, he just mainly stood there like an idiot and told jokes that only he laughed at. I don't get why he looks worse than my mom, he just kept muttering, "projectile birthing fluids" over and over and then dry heaved a few times.



Here I am with my mom and dad. I can't wait to meet my big sister!

Well, it turns out I had a underdeveloped lungs and there was some liquid that I couldn't quite get rid of, so now I'm hooked up to some stupid machines and will have to stay in the hospital for a few days. This makes my family a little sad, but they're mainly just really happy I'm here and that the doctors think everything should be fine in a few days. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers! I hope you look forward to seeing millions of more pictures of me on this here blog, I hear my mom is a huge blogging geek.



I'm not sure why, but my mom wanted me to include this red hot pic:

This is the End (get it?)

36 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

Oh my heck she is so cute, and that was the funniest blog post you've posted in a while, Congrats!

xoxo

Ilene said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you guys, your little girl looks like a keeper!

Alison does look far too cute after giving birth. I bet she felt a lot better getting that birthing fluid out.

Mandee said...

That was the funniest blog post ever. Ali, you should beat Brian for posting that last pic of you- but you are so cute in all of the pics!

Congrats! I am so glad she is here! And she's beautiful! We'll be praying that she comes home soon!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

wow, sage, only a few hours old and you've already got your dad's sense of humor. we're all in for it, aren't we?

congrats! we're so exited to meet sage and to take little baby cousin pics with haven. this is going to be so fun!

we love you!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is here! Myabe that last post was her que that you were ready and she needed to come out. I am sure Emery is going to be one excited little girl!!! Congratulations!

Caryn said...

BA (I mean probably Sage) thanks for the very prompt post!

Congrats! She is beautiful and I think my fav photo is the last one...fav as in great birth control reminder for me!!!

Can't wait to see what her name ends up for sure!!!

Lizzy said...

Welcome to the world, (probably) Sage! Thanks for all the pictures. Congrats to the Andersons!

Melanie said...

Yea! Congratulations! She's so cute and I hope you are feeling well! I guess I was getting out of the hospital just as you were going in! (I got home with our little man yesterday). So fun! We'll be praying for her and her little lungs.

lisset said...

big baby my foot. she's all cute and petite, just like her mom. and yes, i'm actually pushing legislation that would keep women from looking that cute after giving birth. it's unnatural!

ps: congrats!!

Belinda said...

Alison - so happy she's here and that you don't have to be pregnant in this heat anymore! she's very cute. Hope she gets all that fluid out and comes home soon!

Maui said...

Congrats...any tips on how we can avoid the dreaded July timeline, I only have three more days.

Christi said...

Congrats! We can't wait to meet her. Can't wait to hear all the details.

Sammy Pow said...

You need more details than projectile birthing fluid? You are a psychological masochist.

Emily said...

Welcome Probably Sage...that's kind of a weird name, but you have weird parents so it all works.

Hope you learn to breathe good soon, breathing is the BEST!

Katie said...

Yippee!!! Congratulations! She adorable! I think it is so funny that the last post was about a ticking time-bomb and then she came! Brain, Allison is going to kill you when she sees that last picture! You are so mean! Congratulations you guys!

Jenn said...

Yay!! Congrats, I wondered why you weren't at the pool this morning-It sounds like you were doing much more important things. You look so great for just giving birth. I can't wait to see little Sage.

C Crane said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you. Hope little girl gets to come home soon. She is sure cute and Alison you look like a rock star.

Mary said...

Congratulations guys! Glad to her she got here and hope she'll be home very soon.

Kara said...

Congrats and I am very impressed with the promptness of this post! I heard the news from Emily this morning and I hope you get to bring her home ASAP!! Alison, you look great as always!!!

bulkleybunch said...

BA = nightmare! hurray for maybe sage!! now go get those lungs working! she's beautiful and adi, you truly do look hot! wow! love the last pic! :)

Chante said...

Congrats Ali! Your mom was dying to talk and tell people so she was patiently waiting to call us this morning to tell us about the good news! I am glad to hear everything went well! At least the projectile birthing fluid didn't hit Brian....that would have been one good story. I want to see more pics of her cute little face to see exactly what she looks like....I do have to give you props for posting this quickly, though! BTW, you look way too happy and perfect for giving birth, are you kidding me!

Rachel said...

Congratulations and good work. I'm glad that she is here and doing well. Hopefully she won't be hooked up to the machine for too long.

Jill said...

Very exciting! I'm glad all went well. For some reason though, that last picture made me not so excited for the delivery. :) Does the Dr really have to be that close?! I am blushing already.

ps. she is the cutest

kim said...

Yippee!!! Wish I could see her! I hope that you are feeling as good as you look. Congrats all around. Give Emery a big hug for me!

Tara said...

CONGRATSSS!!!!!!!!!

And I would totally kill Brian if I were you for that pic at the end!

P.S. you look AMAZING after giving birth. That just isn't fair! I can't wait to meet that little princess!

Jessett said...

Alison I am so excited for you. Give Sage a big kiss for us. We hope that she get better soon. She is beautiful and you look amazing as always. You dont even looked like you pushed out a baby.

FYI... Love the name Sage.

I want to bring you lost of dinners. :):)

Cant wait to meet the little girly...

destiny said...

I was in shock when Emily told me you had your baby! Good for you! You do look way too good for just giving birth!

I totally know how it is to have a baby with stuff in their lungs! Although it wasn't fluid it was more of a solid (meconuim)! She had to be in ICU for a week! I hope that (probably) Sage will be better quick! Good luck with everything!

Emily S. said...

nice day for a birthday... *wink* ...

(okay, I'll just say it.. It's MY birthday too.)

Congrats, guys!!

The*Evans*Family said...

Looks darling!

That last picture made me not so very excited for this November.

Hope all goes well with her little lungs. They had to keep Carson for the exact same thing. She'll be home in no time! :)

Brianne said...

I can't believe you already have a blog about little "probably sage"!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!

Alison looks great! Very few women can pull off the "giving birth" look, but she does a great job. ;) Congrats again.

Destenee said...

Congrats Andersons! I don't make Brad read blogs very often, but I MADE him read this post! He just said..."ya, Brian Anderson is not a normal dude"...funny stuff! We hope Sage is home happy and healthy in no time!
Brad and Destenee Hartley

Sheri Lee said...

Congrats! Hope things get better with her lungs!

The Scotts said...

CONGRATS!! I just thought I would check before I went to bed for an update and you've had her!!! She is adorable. You look very good PS for just having a baby. Love the dialog and what a lovely last picture! Oh memories! Can't wait to see more. We'll keep her in our prayers. Love ya tons!

McCall said...

hoo-ray! she is here and you are no longer pregnant. what a relief! congratulations on such a beautiful healthy little girl. i can't wait to follow in your footsteps!

Kiki said...

Sage, way to get born, girl! And now you'll have to spend the rest of your life shrugging off the awkwardness of this post (aka the last picture of your mom and the repeated mentions of birthing fluids). But you and your mom look beautiful!

Brooke Hunt (aka Mr. Burns) said...

BA is hilarious-