
Brian went camping with his old buddies this weekend, a trip that has long been planned and anticipated. Back when the plans were being made we thought that it was plenty early before I would have the baby so all was well. I think I kind of freaked him out when I told him of my report from the Dr - but not nervous enough for him to stay home.
I really didn't think I would go into labor already but once he was gone that was all I could think about. And apparently all my friend who offered to help if I did go into labor this weekend because everytime I called her she answered the phone saying, "ARE YOU HAVING THE BABY?" Just so you know...don't answer the phone that way to a girl who is anxiously waiting to be done being pregnant :)
Fortunately, cleaning my bathrooms, hauling the Love Sac back upstairs, shopping in 106 heat and chasing a 2 year old for 2 days didn't put me into labor....yet. My hubbie is home and I am free to do anything that may set off the contractions (any suggestions?).
Having my husband gone for a couple days really made me realize how much I love having him around. I admire all you brave wives of traveling husbands or single moms out there - I am afraid I am just too selfish for that. I love having someone take over entertaining Emery at the end of the day when I just don't have an ounce of patience left. I love not having to bend over at 9 months pregnant to give the kid a much needed bath. I love the help with the dishes and the picking up. But above all, I love hanging out with my best friend and sharing special little moments about how cute our kid is and how #2 is kicking me. I love the husband and father that Brian is and I really hate being without him.
So, Happy Father's Day, Brian! I am so glad you are back home.
16 comments:
Glad he made it home before baby #2! I will now relax and anxiously await the announcement!
Do you want to go into labor like tomorrow? Buy one of those mini trampolines and jump on it. I did it and my water broke the next morning. It works. Glad you're not a single momma anymore!
Ah, what a cute tribute to the BA! I hope you don't have your baby next week because I am going to Utah. So keep it in there just a bit longer. :) ha ha kidding I know you are dying to get it out!
I heard once that if you get a deep tissue massage that can throw you into labor. Hey, it's worth a shot and gives you an excuse to get pampered!
Glad nothing happened while I was gone! And I'm glad you survived a weekend without your hubby...that would be rough.
You're not due for 4 weeks!
Dad's are the best, huh? Love that picture. And what a great Father's Day present! A weekend off with the boys! You're setting the standards high girl. I'd prefer you not let that slip out to any other guys out there. :) Nick got a gift he loved so much he's taking back.
Want to go into labor? Go to church. Both times I have begun labor while at church. Luckily the water only broke the first time. The second time it broke right after we got home.
I don't always like my husband traveling but I do take it as a good sign that I feel that way. It would be pretty bad if I preferred that he was gone rather than home...
Cute picture!
Well, you already know how I went into labor so I am not going to give you any advice there! Just hang in there!
P.S. I also would not know what I would do without my hubby for the same selfish and not selfish reasons!
Darling picture of Emmers and Brian. You need to frame that one. You were a brave and strong girl when you had to be with out Brian. It's just nice that you don't have or want to be. Good luck on self inducing--I tried it all (except for cod liver oil) and it didn't work. But some were kind of fun for trying!
Ali, you are way too cute!! I can't believe you think you are big. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING GIRL?? You obviously didn't see me when I was prego. You look amazing and you are definitely a MLF. Can't wait to see pics of the you new baby!
Oh, I just read what Tara said. I got a deep tissue massage 1 1/2 days before I had our baby. The massage therapist told me it should put me in labor within the next couple days and she was right. Also, I did get my membranes stripped and that night is when it all happened. So maybe the combination of the 2 helped. Give it a try!!
Ok so maybe I was a little excited that you would you go into labor :) I just wanted to make sure you knew I was there for you!!! Glad that Brian is back!
My doc said, "That which got you into this situation will also get you out of it."
Okay but honestly that would have been a fun story if your husband wasn't there for the birth of his child! I have a friend who just told me she RAN for like 30 minutes on her treadmill, and another one who jumped on her tramp. I think those would both be very uncomfortable especially if they didn't make you go into labor. Good luck!
Well, I am way behind on blogging, so I'll try to comment on a few things:
First, you look darling, you beautiful, pregnant lady! Second, I'm already missing LOST. Third, I'm so glad you had a great time at your reunion. It's fun isn't it? Fourth, you are better at me with the husband leaving thing. I think being pregnant has made my crazy-button even crazier.
LOVE YOU!
Aren't husbands the best relief at the end of the day with a two-year old? I am glad you have Bri-bri back to wait on you and Emery. Get as much rest as you can before #2 comes!
Post a Comment