I like to pride myself that I am an ice cream connoisseur. I love ice cream, but I am kind of picky as to what ice cream I choose to eat (not too picky though, I eat a lot still). One of my shining moments was when I created an ice cream lover out of a former hater. You see, my best friend Kage (that is not her real name, but a nickname – you know keep the anonymity) she hated ice cream because all her mom would buy was the nasty box ice cream. Once I introduced her to the likes of Ben & Jerry’s she started to sneak some of my ice cream, which of coarse led to her buying her own because you don’t mess with another person’s ice cream.
First, it is important to understand what is good, great, & nasty ice cream. Nasty ice cream is generic brand box ice cream. It gets frost burn too quickly and tastes cheaper than it actually is. Good ice cream is store bought ice cream that is of higher quality than your generic boxed. I like Breyer’s and Dreyer’s, Tillamook also makes some qreat varieties. Great ice cream ranges from top quality store bought to the stuff you have to go to an ice cream shop for. The top shelf store brands are Haagan Daas, Ben & Jerry’s and Blue Bell (only found in Texas and it is my favorite!) With that said, I would like to share with all of you some top ice cream treats that may turn you into an ice cream fan as well.
- Ben & Jerry’s. Almost anything from Ben & Jerry’s is delicious but my favorites are – Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, Half Baked, Mint Chocolate Cookie, Carmel Sutra, Chubbie Hubbie, Chunky Monkey.
- Breyer’s natural vanilla. Then you buy Oreos and smash it in (much better than cookies and cream because the cookies are still crunchy). In the summer combine with fresh strawberries. And on other fun occasions, get Pillsbury or Nestle Tollhouse cookie dough and add freshly baked cookies to your ice cream. I have turned my hubbie into a big fan of this treat.
- Haagan Daas Strawberry. The best ever. My mom used to get it growing up and she would hide it so us kids wouldn’t steal her little treasure. I would come and steal the thinnest bites so she wouldn’t notice someone dug into her stash. Now that I can buy my own, I have to hide it from the hubbs. Also love Haagan Daas Dulce de Leche (it is to die for on fresh hot apple crisp).
- Nelson’s Frozen Custard – Strawberry Concrete. Next time you are in Mesa, AZ go to Gilbert and Southern and check it out. It is delicious! I have heard there is a Nelson’s in SLC but I also heard it wasn’t the same – but I don’t know.
- Cold Stone or any other such like it (Maggie Moo’s or Panda’s in AZ). Make your own creation and find the joy for yourself.
As you can imagine I could go on for hours, but I will let you go and take that watering mouth of yours to your nearest grocer. Enjoy!
9 comments:
Dalison, I am glad you are addressing this important topic. Ice-cream. In my world, there can never be too much.
Some of my fav's:
1. B and J's (sounds sort of gross when you say it this way but oh well) Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Delicious chunch of brownie in chocolate ice cream.
2. Breyer's also makes a declious Snickers ice-cream.
3. We have a shop here in Topeka that makes concretes, sundaes, etc. It's called Sheridan's. It is heaven. I get the chocolate concrete with chocolate ice-cream with Reece's PB cups mixed in. So rich and sooooooo good.
This IS an important topic. I too am an avid ice cream lover. My all time favorite is Peanut Butter Chocolate from the Harmon's (utah) deli area, right next to the chicken. Don't ask me why but two scoops out of that big brown bin is pure ecstasy. One time my sister and I drove all over the county to find a Harmon's with this delectable delight. It's that good folks.
Nelson's is good, Ali. They have the best Sundae's.
My favorite icecream though is peanut butter with brownie's from Cold Stone. Yummm...
I think your list is a little incomplete as you failed to mention anything with Brownie in it. (Good call on #1 Mind Spewer).
Sorry to disappoint you Marc, but I am not the biggest brownie fan. I like brownies when given to me, but don't crave them as most women do.
I am glad that you all feel the importance of ice cream, sometimes it is what gets me through the day!
Dalison are you feeling any better? Are you still having frequent contractions?
Yes, but I am feeling better and they aren't super painful so I am not going to stress about it too much. Thanks for asking.
I just read your post on myfamily and wondered how you were doing. I barely ever check the myfamily website because no one ever talks about anything interesting (not that babies aren't interesting, but sometimes we could talk about hot celebrity bodies--or boys). But I did see your post and got a little worried about you. Glad to hear you're doing a little better.
Hmm. Now I'm also worried. I'm going to check the site and see whats up. I'm glad to hear you're better, Ali. I've also taken a hiatus from myfamily-it takes a lot of time, plus I don't know anything about babies to contribute and anything interesting about my life I put in my blog.
I know very little about ice cream, so thank you for your post. All your suggestions sound great, I'm glad I now have an expert to keep me informed on what's out there!
Post a Comment