Monday, March 24, 2008

Best Spring Break Ever!

We got back from our trip yesterday and let me tell you it was not fun driving home. Not that the drive was that bad...just the fact that it finalized the end to a fun vacation. Not only did we get to go to Mexico and have the hook-up of the century but we also got to play a little bit with my family in Mesa. Here are some of the highlights of our trip - I am sure this blog entry will be pretty much identical to Kendee's - but for the 5 people that I know that don't read my BFF Kendee's blog - here you go.

Highlights of the trip:
  • We packed into the suburban with the Rowley's to drive from Mesa to Rocky Point. we had only gone a little way before Emery started throwing up. A road trip with kids just wouldn't be complete without that. Fortunately, after she had stunk up the car, 2 towels and 2 changes of clothes - she was done being sick for the rest of the trip.
  • We stopped and ate yummy tacos and quesadillas right when we got into Mexico. I love Mexican food!
  • We did a lot of lounging around on the beach and I loved it. Brian was super dad as he entertained Emery throwing shells into the water and anything else she wanted to do.
  • Emery & her dad went on her first jet ski and quad ride. She kept begging for it over and over again she loved it so much.
  • Bri & I went jet skiiing chasing after dolphins and found ourselves ride in the middle of them as they jumped up less than 10 feet from us. It was awesome but I was scared we were going to run over them
  • Brian got to fly Papa Rowley's awesome plane as they flew to San Felipe to eat tacos. They also saw whales and dolphins as they flew just a 100 feet above them.
  • The prego ladies also flew in the little airplane and Kendee was pilot for part of it. It was the greatest tour of Puerto Penasco I could ask for.
  • We went swimming at the Mayan Palace and got hassled for it but it was worth it.
  • We ate lots of yummy food at the Rowley's and went in town for some authentic Mexican grub. I declined the Mexican hot dog though.
  • Emery watched Dora and was happy as can be. Big surprise there.


Here are some more pictures - I know I could do a slide show but I don't love to have to sit there and wait for all the pictures to go on the slide shows.
Eating our yummy tacos! You know it is the good stuff when it is the only trailer taco stand that is busy while 3 others within 10 feet have no customers.
The Rowley's beach house. It was so nice and so fun and equipped with all the great stuff that we would ever need, including Dish Network and DVR. We felt right at home.Emery was obsessed with the water, not the ocean. She kept cleaning off her hands and feet then going back into the sand.

I could lay out there like that all day!Emery enjoying some Mexican soda. She's taking after her father who totally fell off the wagon during our vacation. But that is what vacations are for, right?
Kendee and I getting ready for take-off!
Swimming at the Mayan Palace. Emery loved it except for the fact that the wind made it very cold.The 2 sexy pregnant ladies. I think that is an oxymoron but o-well. We had fun and more importantly Kendee who is 3 weeks from her due date didn't go into labor while we were in Mexico.
Emery wanted to play on this Kayak the entire time.
And it wouldn't be a beach vacation without a little kite flying.
Grandma Rowley even had a little egg hunt for the kiddos. These kids got spoiled rotten and it will take some time to get them off their vacation high. But they had so much fun and played really well together.

Thanks again to the Rowley's for having us! It was so much fun. I loved playing with Kendee and I think the boys enjoyed having each other to gang up on us. Brian definitely tried his hardest to make Steve look like the best husband ever. I don't think we could ever try to do Rocky Point again since we will never be able to top this trip...unless of course we get invited by the Rowley's again.

21 comments:

Tara said...

Again I am sooo jealous! That looked like so much fun! And you are such a beautiful pregnant person. I can't believe how great you look pregnant in your swimgear. Actually I can believe it, you're Alison! :)

Christi said...

It looks like you guys had an awesome time! I am so glad that you got some rest and relaxation. What a fun trip. I agree with Tara and her swimgear comments, you look great!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

the pic of em and bri kite flying is sooo cute. and i can't believe kendee went so late in pregnancy. to mexico?!?! wow. that is courage. glad she held it in there!

Jenn said...

That looks like an awesome vacation. You look so great in your swimming suit with your little pregnant belly. Glad you guys are back!

C Crane said...

so fun! that looks great. glad you're back. . .it's been pretty quiet.

lisset said...

yay! a tell all about your vacay! i'm living vicariously through you and i'm glad you had a great time!! i can't wait to follow suit!!

Ami Bethea said...

How fun! The beach looked gorgeous and the trip sounds amazing. Seriously Kendee is brave going to Mexico so close to her due date, I would have been terrified. Although, if I was going to that house with friends to lay on the beach & fly airplanes...well, nevermind I would have gone too! Glad you had fun, you look great.

Jen Lee said...

What fun! And you look adorable in your preggo tankini. I can't believe you passed up the mexican hot dogs, though. Seriously, hot dogs are on my top-ten list of things everyone should try while in Mexico. They're soooo good!

Emily said...

I'm glad you had a blast! Sounds like the best trip ever! Love the pics...the one of Emery and BA flying the kite is my favorite.

So cool that you got to jet ski (with dolphins) and fly airplanes!!!

Totally complete Spring Break...did you guys take your tops off for the cameras at all? I thought that's what people did on spring break at the beach.

Alisha said...

sooo nice!! Your belly is so cute! I'm glad that Emery was only sick at the beginning.

Lizzy said...

Your trip looks like so much fun! And you look so cute pregnant. I love your belly! And I love the pictures of Emery playing in the water. How cute!

Bringhursts said...

I am SO JEALOUS. Todd's spring break is next week and it will probably include sitting at home and watching shows we've Tivo'ed. I'm glad you guys had fun. Also, can I steal Emery?

Ilene said...

You had to be a sexy lady to get pregnant in the first place.

Right?

This is what I read on your blog:

blah, blah, blah, We went on an awesome vacation and you didn't, blah, blah, blah.

I'm happy for you, I really am.

Chelsea said...

So jealous. Ditto to Ilene's comment.

melbo said...

I'm glad you had so much fun. Great pictures!

Cassey said...

That does look like an awesome spring break! Emery is too cute for words, really. And I (like everyone else)am slightly jealous. :)

Kara said...

Sounds like you did it all! Flying planes, whales, dolphins! Can't get any better than that! That beach house looks awesome! I wouldn't have wanted to come home either.

The Scotts said...

What a fun time! You should have gotten a ride on a dolphin since you were so close! You pregos are hott and I can't believe that Kendee went only 3 weeks away from being due. your kids are adorable!

Alicia said...

I am so jealous! We will be hitting Newport Beach this summer with the Carters. Too bad I won't be as cute as you at 7 months prego. Hmmm.

Kendee said...

Your friend looks great for being so close to her due date... oh wait, that was me!!!! I look good. JK Thanks for coming you guys, we had the BEST TIME EVER AE AE AE AE.

Beth said...

you prego girls are too cute. loved the trip play by play. made me want to go on vacation!

i am happy to see you all go on a "small" plane. someday we will have to have my sonny fly us somewhere on a girls trip!